River Island Clothing Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

River Island Clothing Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email within the next few days asking to come in store for an interview. It was a group interview with about 7-10 other girls in a small staff room. We had to describe ourselves and what we do etc. I received a call within the end of the week saying I got the job and was invited for an induction day.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for River Island Clothing

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in September 2017.

Interview

I happened to get lucky when applying for an interview.
    I walked in on the day they were hosting a recruitment and they allowed me to join in.
     One of the manager who I handed my CV gave me a small bit of advice before going for the interview, "be confident." I found this is what got me the job as river island really look for people who are chatty and not shy. They need people who will approach and engage with customers. Make sure to hold eye contact with the manager when she is speaking and watch your body language as well! avoid crossing your arms because that builds a barricade between you and the manager. Nod and smile people, nod and smile. When she asks questions don't take them too seriously but don't be completely nonchalant, try make them laugh a little bit. they'll remember you for that. Also try and spark a conversation with the other people at the recruitment, the managers will be watching so turn to the people next to you and say "Hey, are you guys in college or..?" if so, ask them what they are doing and if not, talk about yourself and where you are currently. Friendly and confident is key. :)

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for the company?   1 Answer
    • How would you approach a customer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

great, very formal and overall it was calm and collected. great experience with alot of employees. you need to be ready for the interview and just be relaxed. dont get nervous, stay calm and positive and it will all be ok.

Interview Questions

• describe a good customer service   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Teesside County Borough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Teesside County Borough, England (UK)) in August 2017.

Interview

If you're put off by group interviews don't be. I've been to many of them and some put you through hell but River Islands has got to be my favourite and easiest group interview of all. There were 8 of us, half male/female. We all had to introduce ourselves and give an interesting fact. Age, name, kids, education, hobbies, holidays etc that's what most ppl spoke about. Then our interviewer spoke to us about the brand and the employer brand. I do advise to read the wow factor book that was attached to the email after accepting the interview. Research upselling and cross selling *tip*..... after this you're divided into pairs and between yourselves discuss why you want to work for River Island and what can you bring! You're given 10 mins then talk to the group about what you have wrote down. Most people write the same things ..... I think they're looking for how well you can speak, eye contact, conviction etc. Then we got split into different pairings to discuss what is excellent customer service and how would you give this to customers and why is backhouse just as important of a role as shop floor. Again we then told the group what we got. After that we were asked if we had any questions and to clarify our working availability. We were told we'd hear by phone if successful or email if unsuccessful by 5pm next day. I got called about 1pm.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for River Island?   Answer Question
    • What is excellent customer service and how would you give that to customers?   Answer Question
    • Why is back of house (warehouse) just as an important job/role as front house/shop floor?   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to River Island   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)) in March 2017.

Interview

just regular questions, had two interviews. was called for the first one by a junior manger then i scaled through to the second round where i met the general manager

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Nottingham, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online, I got an email confirmation which told me to come to their main store In town, and met with 10-20 other applicants, I had to bring my right of work information , cv and availability

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online via River Island Careers portal, heard back quite quickly to select a time to attend recruitment event that weekend. Group assessment day (1.5 hours) followed by individual interview (20 mins), heard back two days later. 10 out of 25 interviewed where hired, younger secondary school students as 8 hour contracts and myself as a 20 hour contract.
    Online application is easy and doesn't take much time. If selected to attend an interview/group interview/recruitment day, attend the earliest one available, as they are usually on the same day and the managers get bored and uninterested quite quickly.
    The recruitment day involved 12 interviewees, the store manager and a level 2 supervisor. As soon as we arrived (15 mins early as requested), we were made to "take a look around the store" as they weren't ready for us (they are observing you interacting with others on camera). Once we entered the staff room, we all introduced ourselves and got to hear a bit about the company and what we would be doing each day if hired. We were then split into pairs or 3s and given a scenario to style a customer for, then sent onto the shop floor to work as teams to choose an outfit. Ours was to dress a 30 year old, single mother for her first date in 10 years (in Autumn time). There was 10 minutes to style an outfit, then it was presented to the group and some questions asked by managers (such as "does that jacket require dry cleaning? How would the customer find out?").
    We all filled in our work availability and a few more details onto an application form, and these were divided between store manager, another manager and the supervisor present, who each interviewed 4 candidates.
    My individual interview was with the store manager and based on my previous work experience, customer service skills, and my availability (would I be flexible around uni and willing to take on extra hours when needed, etc). Very stereotypical interview, they wanted friendly individuals with previous customer service experience (although no previous trained is actually required), ability to work as part of a team and willing to approach and chat to customers and try to upsell.
    Being chatty and confident, as well as available to start very soon with not many outside commitments, along with flexibility really helps.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • How would you be able to balance working 20 hours whilst in final year of university?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Phone call asking to go in for group interview. Group interview filling out forms, questions, asked to go around store and choose an outfit for a celebrity then the group had to guess who the celebrity was.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Cork) in November 2018.

Interview

I was the only one that showed up on time, the interviewer didnt start at the time stated. I wasn't asked all the recruitment questions, i figured she was biased when I didn't get asked to partake in the practical aspect of the interview, i.e picking out clothes and trying to pitch a sale. I prepped with materials i found online and the few questions i was asked were literally word for word.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

did a group interview.was asked to pair up and sell each other items, made a new friend. mostly young people applying. I have nothing else to say, it wasn't can interesting interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.