River Island Clothing Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

River Island Clothing Sales Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

Firstly, applied online via their website and got an email a few days later inviting me to a group interview. There was around 10 of us in total, majority of the group were nice, friendly and chatty! We were asked to fill our our availability and went around the group and was asked why we want to work for River Island. We went then set a task to choose an outfit for a specific occasion (our group was a work night out), the process took approximately 2 hours in total. Got an email a week to later to say I was not successful. Did not feel there was an opportunity to sell yourself to the interviewer as it was completely group based.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for River Island Clothing

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

Very straight forward, applied got a phone call straight away and interview set. When arriving their were groups slots, each group would go in have group interview, then 1 on 1question would be made within the group interviews.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

Applied online, was called for an interview a week later. Was with the manager who was very pleasant, very quick and easy going conversation. It lasted about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my availability, to tell them about myself, time I received good customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Group interviews going over company values and designing outfits for each other. Interviewed by store manager and a senior member of staff. less individualised and more about standing out from the pack

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Nottingham, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

I applied online, I got an email confirmation which told me to come to their main store In town, and met with 10-20 other applicants, I had to bring my right of work information , cv and availability

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Cork) in November 2018.

Interview

I was the only one that showed up on time, the interviewer didnt start at the time stated. I wasn't asked all the recruitment questions, i figured she was biased when I didn't get asked to partake in the practical aspect of the interview, i.e picking out clothes and trying to pitch a sale. I prepped with materials i found online and the few questions i was asked were literally word for word.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

I had to submit an online application
    I was then invited to group interview a few days later
    At the interview I was asked a few general questions and availability
    In small groups we went on the shop floor for an exercise to pick an outfit out

Interview Questions

• why i picked the outfit on the shop floor   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied online via River Island Careers portal, heard back quite quickly to select a time to attend recruitment event that weekend. Group assessment day (1.5 hours) followed by individual interview (20 mins), heard back two days later. 10 out of 25 interviewed where hired, younger secondary school students as 8 hour contracts and myself as a 20 hour contract.
    Online application is easy and doesn't take much time. If selected to attend an interview/group interview/recruitment day, attend the earliest one available, as they are usually on the same day and the managers get bored and uninterested quite quickly.
    The recruitment day involved 12 interviewees, the store manager and a level 2 supervisor. As soon as we arrived (15 mins early as requested), we were made to "take a look around the store" as they weren't ready for us (they are observing you interacting with others on camera). Once we entered the staff room, we all introduced ourselves and got to hear a bit about the company and what we would be doing each day if hired. We were then split into pairs or 3s and given a scenario to style a customer for, then sent onto the shop floor to work as teams to choose an outfit. Ours was to dress a 30 year old, single mother for her first date in 10 years (in Autumn time). There was 10 minutes to style an outfit, then it was presented to the group and some questions asked by managers (such as "does that jacket require dry cleaning? How would the customer find out?").
    We all filled in our work availability and a few more details onto an application form, and these were divided between store manager, another manager and the supervisor present, who each interviewed 4 candidates.
    My individual interview was with the store manager and based on my previous work experience, customer service skills, and my availability (would I be flexible around uni and willing to take on extra hours when needed, etc). Very stereotypical interview, they wanted friendly individuals with previous customer service experience (although no previous trained is actually required), ability to work as part of a team and willing to approach and chat to customers and try to upsell.
    Being chatty and confident, as well as available to start very soon with not many outside commitments, along with flexibility really helps.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • How would you be able to balance working 20 hours whilst in final year of university?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

Handed in CV in store and was invited to an individual interview. Staff were kind and asked questions to encourage you to say more. It is easier to get in if you know a staff member to refer you.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about River Island? How can you maximise Sales?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

did a group interview.was asked to pair up and sell each other items, made a new friend. mostly young people applying. I have nothing else to say, it wasn't can interesting interview.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.