River Island Clothing Sales Advisor Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

River Island Clothing Sales Advisor Operations Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

1.8

Sales Advisor Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in August 2014.

Interview

I apply online and they send me email that Im successful to next level - interview. I have to book a slot for interview.the interview was 2 hours.on group int we have 3 questions why you want to wotk for RI? Customer service. After that 1:1 int ask you for privious experience, how your friends decribe you, have you got pre-booked holidays in next 6 months.dont be shy, whrn you can talk at group int because its important.give example.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question but you must be communicative if you want stand out and impress   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for River Island Clothing

Sales Advisor Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Exeter, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied on-line-received email to book interview slot 2 days later. The email advises you to go on their website to familiarise yourself with their products and dress in a way that represents River Island and you find comfortable.
    *Also found out they don't pay extra for bank holiday-and always minimum wage.
    The interviewer also asked if I wanted to do some shopping after the interview-don't know if the outcome would of changed if I did (but if I did and didn't get the job, would be out of pocket and no job!)
    Overall found the interview not difficult-but obvious from start I was not likely to get the job.
    If I wore the usual expected uniform minus the jacket, explained in detail for every question like my life depended on it, didn't mention how long it takes to get to the store( even though I would still get there at given time)always refer to ex-employer/employee like family, actually have a job,(but given notice of leave) and actually being a lot younger( got the feeling I was too old, not the usual late teens-early twenties age range) then just maybe...I would have got the job.
    The whole process took about 15 minutes.

Sales Advisor Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Omagh, Northern Ireland (UK)).

Interview

A recruitment event. Group of 10 of us all did a little intro. Then the next 2 exercises were to decide who got the job. First exercise the manager tried to listen to 10 of us talking over each other together about why we wanted to work there. Second exercise she put us in 2s to role-play customer and employee, but again tried to overhear 5 groups talking over one another rather than getting us to take it in turns. I have no idea how through this process she could pick someone for the job.

Sales Advisor Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Very quick & easy
    I was lucky & had a one on one with manger, whereas they normally do group interviews involving play roles, which involves a sense of competition between others

Sales Advisor Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in November 2016.

Interview

The staff wouldn't let us in (20 of us that showed up) into the store for a good half an hour (sat out in the freezing cold).
    When we got inside they asked us each to show our right to work and asked for our availability, we were also given a name sticker.
     Then we all sat in a somewhat circle at the back of the store. We went around the circle and introduced ourselves (what we do, our age etc.)
    After this, we were put into pairs, one of us to be the customer and the other to be the sales assistant. We went around the store and as we were role-playing we had to pick out an outfit.
    When we returned to the circle, the "sales assistant" of the pair had to explain why they chose it for the customer. (i suggest being the sales assistant because otherwise you will have no chance to talk).
    After this, we then went around the circle again and had to say why we want to work for river island and what we like about it.
    That was it ~ no one on one interview at all so you really have to push yourself to stand out amongst the group of people.

The interview was on Friday night and we were told we would know if we had got the job by monday. They said if you get an email, then its a regret email (you wont have got the job), but if they call then its to say you've got the job.

Overall, it wasn't hard at all. You just have to be very confident and talkative so that you can stand out to the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for river island?   1 Answer
    • What do you know/like about river island?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about yourself   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Online application, group interview mainly to see who has good knowledge of company and fashion trends. Given tasks in groups or 2 or 3 to pick out and outfit for a celebrity. Also wear something from river island - avoid wearing a suit

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for River Island   1 Answer

Sales Advisor Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Birmingham, England (UK)) in September 2018.

Interview

It’s a group interview, involved around 7 people with the deputy manager or manager. First you have to introduce yourself, talk about your interests/hobbies, what you used to do or do now i.e study, work or looking for a job, you don’t really have to say much on your introduction. Then it’s a group activity, you’re split into two’s or three’s, you’ll be given a brief then taken to the shopfloor to pick a certain outfit based on that brief for example a girls’ night out then you have to explain why you have chosen that specific outfit with your partner/group. Lastly you basically just have to answer one question and say it to the person next to you or to the interviewer. BUT REMEMBER TO SMILE, NOD WHEN NECESSARY, BE FUN&BE YOU! They take notes based on your personality, so don’t stress too much.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for River Island?   1 Answer

Sales Advisor/Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

There were 8 candidates in total. We were taken into a meeting room and introduced to 3 managers of the store we were applying to. They went over River Islands ways of working ( WOW Factor ) and told us a little about themselves.

We then had to go round the table and say our name, current profession, previous employment, what we like doing in our spare time and the best customer service we have ever received.

We then were split into groups of 4 and had to discuss amongst ourselves with a manager listening why we wanted to work for River Island.

We then had to role play with one of us being the advisor and the other playing a customer. Whoever was the advisor had to make sure they were up selling and encouraging the customer to try on extras with the outfit to increase their chances of the customer purchasing other things than what they were in for originally.

The interview was extremely easy and very laid back, No one to ones which I found quite strange.

I only attended the interview yesterday and they told me I will hear back tomorrow, I'm feeling quite confident and feel I came across well.

The key is being bubbly and outgoing.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.