River Island Clothing Sales Advisor Christmas Temp Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

River Island Clothing Sales Advisor Christmas Temp Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

2.2

Christmas Temp Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online and received an invite to a recruitment event within a few days, then picked an interview slot online. All communications were via email.

Candidates were advised to dress casually but in a way that represents the River Island brand.

The interview was set in the store's staff room, and despite being a group of 9 (with some no-shows), it was quite cramped and staff came in and out on a couple of occasions. That said, it was a relatively informal interview so a relaxed environment was to be expected.

We were asked to prepare for the interview by reading their Ways Of Working handbook, although this was covered by the manager when introducing herself and the company.

We were split into two tables, and were given a few minutes to introduce ourselves within our groups. We then stood up to introduce ourselves individually and give an example a time we received good customer service.

We were then asked why we want to work for River Island and went around the room again.

Next we were given a role-play scenario: greeting a customer, helping them find what they're looking for and considering how to up-sell, etc... We were to discuss this in pairs for a few minutes, and then had to play it out at our table while being observed by one of the managers.

My one qualm is that the manager observing my table seemed quite disinterested and almost as though he didn't want to be there, the other manager had to get his attention on more than one occasion.

Overall, an easy interview but I was unsuccessful on this occasion. Although, I am supposedly suitable and have been kept on file for future opportunities.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and give an example of when you have received good customer service.   1 Answer
  • Why do you want to work for River Island?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for River Island Clothing

Sales Advisor Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bury St Edmunds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Bury St Edmunds, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call from manager asking if I wanted to attend interview in store. Went in and had to pick an outfit out for an occasion then had a brief 15 20 minute interview and had to explain why I picked the clothes I did. Then a few days later got a phone call to say it was successful.

Sales Advisor Christmas Temp Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Manchester, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and got asked to go in for a group interview. I dressed casually. However the email about the interview recommended clothing that represents the river island brand, so you should keep that in mind.

Overall the interview was really easy and a lot of fun. We firstly had to talk about ourselves. We then talked about what would be good/bad customer service (this was done in groups). Then in the same group we dressed a male and female each group got a different occasion. Be warned that the activities will vary depending on the branch you are working in. Got a job offer the same day.

I just think you should be yourself. Be a bit sociable and have a clear, loud voice. When explaining an activity make sure you are looking at the rest of the candidates/manager. But most of all have fun! If you think it all about showing how much experience you have etc then please think again before a group interview. You have been warned.

Sales Advisor Christmas Temp Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

Group interview between 8 people. First we filled out a form on contact details and availability. Then they asked questions after which we had role play. After role play they asked questions on the activity itself. After which they asked us if we had any questions for them. Make sure you read up on WOW factors and make sure you ask questions at the end and always have a smile, they're looking for people with a positive attitude. Got a call the day after with the offer

Christmas Temp - Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Leeds, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied first week of November, they got back to me first week of December despite the position was closed online. Ok so it was quite easy even thought it was my first ever proper job interview (I've never worked before at all). I was super prepared and this website actually really helped me to prepare and stuff :) got to the store was told to go to the shoes section on men's, waited for everyone (15 of us) to arrive then went to the staff room area for the group interview. we did an ice breaker but I had initiated conversation with everyone as we were waiting for others to join us on the shoe section before the interview anyway haha so the ice was already broken. Then we were taught about the 5 ways of working - river islands work ethic. Afterwards we got into pairs said why we wanted to work in river island (chatting amongst ourselves). Then finally we got into pairs and did two role play situations which was fairly easy. Then got given a sheet to write down when we are available (work starts 5am to 11pm). Wasn't intimidating and everyone got along. No typical questions were asked of us which I had already prepared for (obvs). Didn't ask us what sets us apart from eachother or what we can bring to the job etc. I've put on here that I was offered a job and accepted but I'm actually still waiting to hear from them, my interview was today they said they will call me by Thursday and if I havnt got the job that I won't hear from them.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.