River Island Clothing Retail Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

River Island Clothing Retail Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

2.0

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Never been through an interview process quite like this in my life. Applied online waited a few days before recieveing an email to book an appointment. Took over a week to finally get one. When I arrived there were 14 other people there and two staff were conducting the interview. We were shown to the staff room and asked to squash together round a table. To break the ice we where asked to introduce ourselves by stating two facts and one lie which we had to guess which one was the lie. Afterwards we were split into groups of 5 then we were given a task of putting together an outfit from the shop floor for an occasion. There were 3 quite girls in my group and one very very abnoxious guy! As we left the room and went onto the shop floor one of the girls in our group decided to answer her phone and have a full blown conversation and the guy decided he was going to make all the decisions and not let anybody else get a word in even after I repeated told him this was a group task! The honest truth is nearly all of the people who were being interviewed were extremely rude, unprofessional and used foul language even whilst giving their answers to the interviews. It felt like I was the only professional one in there who actually gave a monkeys about getting a job. Anyway after we choose an outfit or shall I say after the guy chose as every item or idea us girls had he had something negative to say we had to share with the group reasons why we chose what we chose. I knew the interviewers wasn't impressed but honestly talking to this guy was like trying to argue with a brick wall.
Next we had to write down then give a presentation on what we thought was good and bad customer service again the guy in our group insisted he had a different colour pen so he could stand out. After that we went thought our right of work which by the way that guy didn't even have with him lol also avalibility and where you want to work in the store. After that we were free to go which I thought was weird as there was no one on ones or even basic questions asked like why do want to work for river island.
Overall i must say the whole thing was unorganised and unprofessional. There was not a chance in hell of even trying to get to know your potential boss on your own.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for River Island Clothing

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Lincoln, England (UK)).

Interview

It was friendly and comfortable but also felt slightly awkward as I was with a group of people. Being a shy person meant that I couldn't answer any of the questions and the group conversation was dominated by the more confident people.
    We went in for an evening recruitment process and gathered around on chairs at the back of the store where the shoes were. We went around and introduced ourselves and said an interesting fact about ourselves before then discussing the job and what it entails. We then had to do a role playing exercise where we had to go in pairs and play through a scenario - one person was the customer and you had to go over to them and ask if they were okay. The other then had to come up with a problem, such as the shoes they want aren't in the right size.
    It was an okay experience but wish I had been able to show how much I'd prepared for the interview by having a one on one because I would have felt easier discussing the job.

Interview Questions

• Introduce yourself and say three interesting facts about yourself   Answer Question

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tamworth, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Tamworth, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

applied online, received an email to book an interview slot, interview was a group interview with 8 other people, had to introduced ourselves, say why we wanted to work for river island, then talk about sales techniques we knew about, small paired task to go onto the shop floor and find an outfit for a celebrity- taylor swift, olly murs, etc, stick to a budget- cross sell, very easy and laid back interview

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Beverley, England (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied on 01/07 and I didn't get and E-mail to choose interview date until the 18/07. It was a group interview and everyone was friendly. The e-mail says dress comfortably but you do need to smart casual your outfit for the interview.

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Stratford, London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

around 2 hours long, it was a group interview it was fun don't be nervous and stand out !!! you really just need to stand out and be noticeable . the interviewer even said, she wants to see if our personalities come out

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Solihull, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Solihull, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a fairly straight forward process. I applied online, after which I got called for an interview in store. It started of with a group interview, followed by a group assessment where you had to put together an outfit with 2/3 other people who were interviewing too and lastly a one to one interview where you were asked competency based questions

Interview Questions

• A time where you went above and beyond your role to help a customer   Answer Question

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in April 2015.

Interview

group interview, there was around 10 of us in total and they brought us into a room where we were all asked to stand up and tell a few things about ourselves. It was mostly based around customer service questions so it is important to research good customer service techniques if you do not already know some. We then had to pick an outfit for a given scenario and say why we picked it.

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

I applied online and got an email a few days later saying that they'd like me to come for an interview so I then had to go onto the river island website and chose a day out of every Tuesday of the month. I chose the first Tuesday of the month because I wanted to be hired as soon as possible. I then had to wait a few weeks for my interview and when I arrived there were about 6 other people waiting too. We then went inside we had to sign in, when we sat down they asked us all to say our names and what we knew about river island. We then had to split into pairs and one of us had to pretend to be a customer and the other was the sales assistant. The sales assistant had to help the customer chose an outfit and show how they persuaded the customer to buy more than one thing eg a pair of shoes to match with the dress or a pair of ear rings etc etc. It was a really friendly environment and a really easy going group interview. I got an email the next day asking me to come to the induction that Sunday.

Interview Questions

• They asked us what cross-selling was.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Thurrock, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (West Thurrock, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied online, a week later I was invited to a recruitment event. I picked a date and went along. It was more of a group interview setting. There were 17 of us in a small staff room standing around a table, with two department managers. We went around in a circle giving our names, age, what were doing at the moment and any experience we had. We were then put into groups of 2's and 3's and given scenarios to which we had to give solutions. We were then given sheets to fill out our availability. One of the managers then asked to look at our passports and that was it. It was a very general interview, no specific questions asked about the role or you.

Interview Questions

• You found a toddler on the shop floor crying, how would you deal with this ?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Manchester, England (UK)) in July 2013.

Interview

Group interview held in-store. The interview required demonstration of good improvisation and customer interaction skills that are assessed during a sale pitch for an outfit of your choosing. Had to complete a basic workplace decision assessment prior to interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Non negotiable.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.