River Island Clothing Part-time Sales Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

River Island Clothing Part-time Sales Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

2.2

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Birmingham, England (UK)) in May 2018.

Interview

It was quite easy applying online. Just answer a few questions. But the interview in store was not good, the staff were quite rude. The emotion was shown on their face. You could tell there and then if you got the job or not by looking at how they were acting.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for River Island Clothing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in April 2019.

Interview

I handed my cv in person for the position and got a phone call a few days later asking me to come in for an interview the following week.

There was no group interviews just a one to one interview with the manager. She asked me my availability then moved on to the interview questions. The whole thing lasted about 7 minutes and was quite straightforward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cork

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Cork).

Interview

Very quick application process, just answered a few questions online and sent my cv. Got an email asking to meet me the next day.

Overall I thought it was a very easy interview very generic questions asked, one to one with the manager and lasted about 10 minutes.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted to say that I had been offered an interview. It was a group interview and we were asked to write down 3 statements about ourselves; 2 of which are true and 1 being false. We then had to interrogate one another to decipher which was the false one. After this, we had to go to the shop floor in our assigned pairs and make an outfit from our assigned department and sell it to the interviewers. Then we were asked what is meant by the 'brand' of River Island. Then, we were paired up again with somebody different and had to tell them why you wanted to work with River Island and they would then feed back to the group on why you wanted to; something I believed to be a bit ridiculous as it's a slightly competitive environment and this can lead to people underselling their partner. They said they would be in touch either way on a given day, yet I still haven't heard back from them which I believe to be unprofessional and quite rude, really.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rushden, East Midlands, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Rushden, East Midlands, England (UK)).

Interview

The interview was really quick and relaxed the manager was very friendly, I applied for a part time Monday to Friday 11-4 , 12-5 I these were the hours advertised on the website, however when I got to the interview it was totally different hours which I couldn't do, I'm very disappointed that river island did this, I personally believe I didn't get the job because I mentioned I had children and wasn't able to work late nights or weekends I know it's retail, but I feel it's discrimination to be honest!

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Went in with a group of 16 people. Asked about an interesting fact about us, then role play, got a call the next morning to say i got the job

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

we did a group interview where they asked us a few question about our previous experiences, and after they put us in groups and asked us to reproduce different situations to see how we would handle complaints or answer questions. there was no single interview after that.

Interview Questions

• when do you think you delivered the best customer service?   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Romford, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Romford, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

I took my CV into my local River Island, where I was given an application form to hand write. After handing this back in I got a phone call about a week later to organise an Interview time. They were friendly staff and the interview was more like a chat, however, I did not get a call back to tell me I was unsuccessful which I thought was unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Interesting fact about yourself.
      Describe your outfit and why you picked it?
      When was a time you received good customer service?   Answer Question

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was a group interview, something that I had not experienced before and I could say that it was quite interesting. All candidates we were gathered in the store after shopping floor was closed for night with three members of the staff. They asked us to complete some forms with our availability, days and hours.
    Introduction was made by the manager who briefly represented the company. At that point he asked us who runs the company and what is multichannel marketing. The actual interview begun with a break-the-ice question which was to tell a few things about ourselves. After that they divided us to 3-people-teams and gave us two assessments.
    The first was to discuss in our teams an example of good customer service and an example of bad customer service. To be honest, I did not really understand the meaning of this and how it was evaluated, since we actually spoke to each other but I am not sure that the staff could pay attention to 12 people talking at the same time. I enjoyed much better the second requirement which was to explore the shopping floor and find a set of clothes for somebody from the staff and explain afterwards why we chose these particular pieces.
    When we were back at our seats they explained a few things about the role and they asked if we knew what is up-selling and cross-selling. We had the chance to make some questions as well.
    More or less, that was the whole process. Generally, I think it was quite ok.

Part-time Sales Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gloucester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Gloucester, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

all was terrible in my point of view, interview started 5 mins late, but thats ok, after they start check documents, since I am not from EU and UK the only proof of work is residence card, but manager insets she need passport or she will send me away, after I asked my friend to bring it, they were not interested in anything I tell, just waste of time!!! All the manage did was listening herself and making show! It was terrible 12 people!! 12!!! how can u pay attention to any? At the end of interview when my friend brought me passport they told they do not need it! they made me stressed and the attitude to me was like I am nothing!!! Just in case.. I have more than 10 years experience and education and the rest were 11 were students for whom it was first interview in there lives. The worst interview ever!!!

Interview Questions

• Why you choose River Island?
      What u decided to wear and why?
      what do you know about cross sale and top sale?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.