River Island Clothing Customer Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

River Island Clothing Customer Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

2.2

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Blackburn, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Blackburn, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

First there was an online application form and then I was given the opportunity to go the recruitment fair. 12 people turned up on the day to the recruitment fair, 3 guys 9 girls. We sat on chairs around a circle and first we were told this was a new interview process. We were then told to introduce ourselves and then talk about one memorable customer service experience. I talked about a shop called 'Go Outdoors' and there great customer service - it was helpful etc. Then the manager talked a lot about River Island, its history, upselling, that they wanted somebody who was very chatty and able to talk to everybody on the shop floor. We were then split into pairs and told to tell each other why we wanted to work for River Island. After this we were split into another pair and put in different corners of the room where we were meant to sell an item to another person.
Overall it wasn't difficult, I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for River Island? Tell me about a memorable customer service experience   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for River Island Clothing

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Manchester, England (UK)) in November 2012.

Interview

It was a group interview of no more than 10 people.

- Introduction about yourself
    - Drawing mind map in groups about what the best customer service is.
    - Shop floor challenge had us fetch an outfit for a celebrity figure. For example David Beckham/Russell Brand/Rihanna and we had to explain why we chose them.
    - Final 1 to 1 interview - General questions with head management

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you had to deal with an angry customer.   Answer Question

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in December 2011.

Interview

There was around 9 of us, stood waiting and got taken into closed store and sat in the staffs break room. The managers were lovely and friendly, and started with ice breakers and an hour long group interview. We did a group roleplay, and then selected an outfit for a celebrity. We then got taken off for one on one 'interviews', where they asked a few simple questions and when we could work. Were told we would hear back within the next week; if successful, the manager would phone us. If unsuccessful, we'd receive an email from HR. I would've rated this experience incredibly positive, especially for a first interview - however, a few days later I got an email from them; I expected it to be saying I was unsuccessful, but instead told me I hadn't attended my interview? I've emailed about my confusion but yet to hear back.

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied online and then was called for an interview about a week later and had to select a date/time slot. It was a group interview and about half an hour was spent waiting for them to get themselves organised. By the time we finally got into the room, more time was spent ensuring that everyone could fit and have a place to sit. It was conducted by someone who didn't seem overly qualified and was unsure of what they were looking for and asking. The people I was interviewed with were quite rude and disruptive.

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in July 2015.

Interview

Online and recruitment event
    Online assessment if pass, asked to book interview
    45 people in interview in circle
    Went round group asked everyone to describe them self then 3 group tasks
    Seemed to me, managers chose the minute you enter the room off the way you look, and barely listened to anyone's descriptions of themself and didnt observe the group work, so overall quite pointless really

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Stevenage, England (UK)).

Interview

Once I applied for the position, I was sent a email to pick an interview date. The whole interview process was pretty relaxed. There were a few of us there and the interview proceeded in groups, where we were asked to introduce ourselves and our purpose for applying with the company as well as what our hopes where within the company

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Newport, Newport, Wales (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied via application form at a local jobs fair and was contacted within 2 days inviting me to the interview. The interview lasted about 40 minutes although was said to be around 2 hours. It was a group of about 15 of us sat in the staff room around the table and quickly got to know each other and get comfortable. All we had to do was go around the table and answer a few questions like "name a time where you received a good customer service" then we had to do a role play activity which was really fun. Had a phone call the next day saying I'd gotten the job and started the week after.

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Liverton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Liverton, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a very good atmosphere all staff were friendly, the interview was smooth but some questions I found hard but at the end of it I got a offer which I accepted, I am now really enjoying working at River Island.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able too negotiate the location.

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stevenage, England (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (Stevenage, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

Very quick and easy application, everyone was helpful and friendly and they sent a package full of river island facts and what they expect from you as an employee. It's a group interview that leads to a one on one and the response is no pressure and let's you know how you did.

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

13 people ought to have turned up, but only 3 did! 10 people never showed up!! Interviewed by Menswear manager who made the interview super relaxed since there was barely any of us. We acted out some role play, answered a few general questions about the store and then that was it! He called me 2 days later to say I got the job! Thank you God ! :))

Interview Questions

• Tell me one of the WOW company values?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.