River Island Clothing Allocator Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

River Island Clothing Allocator Interview Questions

Interviews at River Island Clothing

2.7

Allocator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing in April 2017.

Interview

30 min math test followed by a 10 min presentation of a comp shop I needed to prepare in advance and then a formal interview. Overall it was quite relaxed, enjoyed the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for River Island Clothing

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, then had a brief telephone interview at where they explained the benefits for working their etc. Then had one on one interview where I had to present a comp shop and answer a few questions about why I wanted to work there etc. The whole interview was very laid back and casual, felt like a conversation rather than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Who do you think their competitors are?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied on the Monday and was contacted on the Tuesday to attend an assessment centre the following week. At the assessment centre there were 6 candidates in total. We had to complete a simple maths test, one to one interview with a merchandiser which included presenting a comp shop and then a group merchandising task.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question
    • What do you think the role involves and who do the merchandising team work with?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you supported someone in a task   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Allocator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online, got an email 2-3 days later asking me to prepare a 'competitive shop' presentation for a group assessment that took place later. There were 6 of us at the group assessment, 5 girls and me being the only male. It later turned out that the role was going to be for female clothing or possibly childrenswear. Half of us went of to do individual interviews where we talked to a merchandiser and presented out competitive shop to them. Whilst the other half did a 30 minute maths exam. Then vice versa. After that we moved onto a group task where we was presented with a problem and a question, we had to work together to come up with a solution that we then presented to all of the merchandisers who had been doing the interviews. Then it finished. it took about 2 and a half hours total. I received a call back and an email two days after with their response. I received a no because my competitive shop wasn't detailed enough. They where very nice over the phone and explained why I didn't get the job and if I had any questions. Overall it was a lovely experience and I highly recommend them as they sounded like a lovely company to work for.

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of the role?
      Explain about a time you once had to analyse a task.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at River Island Clothing (London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Online questionnaire then offered a group interview. There was around 8 of us being interviewed, we took it in turns to be interviewed one to one with a merchandiser in the company (all interviewed by different people). Then had a 45 min maths test with a calculator, quite easy although a few tough ones had to think about. Then a group task involving a discussion then presentation of what to do with some stock.
    Got a phone call the next morning offering me the job!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They called and offered me a salary based on what I told them in my interview I had been offered from another company.

Allocator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at River Island Clothing.

Interview

Start with a simple Maths Test, 10 minute comp shop and then formal interview questions, you have a choice which one is first. Quite relaxed and friendly, whole process is just over an hour.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.