Rapid7 Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Rapid7 Interview Questions

Interviews at Rapid7

2.7

Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rapid7.

Interview

I had 5 different conversations with Managers, Directors and a Vice President, the process took about 2-3 weeks, but the unfortunate part is I never heard back from anyone. After multiple follow ups and 3 weeks I decided to move on. I've heard great things about company, but to make it as far as I did and not even hear back saying that I wasn't a good fit, or at least some feedback was unfortunate

Interview Questions

• What is my management style   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in October 2020.

Interview

Process kicked off once I submitted online application.
    Reached out by recruiter to set up an initial phone call.
    After this phone call I was set up to interview with the HM for 30-45 min. Behavior questions. A few technical like describe what happens when you type in a website on browser.

After this interview I was set up for a technical assessment. Questions ranged from basics networking to linux/windows/mac etc.

From here they scheduled 5 interviews 30 min each. With 2 support engineers and 3 managers.

Topics ranged from behavioral to team fit related questions.

Interview process was very direct and they were very responsive on next steps.

I declined the offer for another role. If you interview with Rapid7 I would recommend asking about team fit/ culture to see if you are part of it as they are really big into 'you' fitting their culture.

Information Security Intern Interview

Application

I interviewed at Rapid7 in October 2020.

Interview

I was contacted a week before the interview for a screening call. This call consisted of a thirty-minute conversation with one of the engineers at Rapid7. The questions asked were behavioral and I was told I would hear back in around two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What is a challenge you have faced and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Partner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Rapid7 in September 2020.

Interview

Applied through a referral - heard back. the next day - high level phone call with the initial recruiter, then deeper dive video call with the Talent Acquisition Director - the next day they closed the loop with me it was a very fast process.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize your work?   1 Answer
    • How have you been able to get things done with inexperienced hiring managers?   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I interviewed at Rapid7 (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2020.

Interview

The interview process was very organized. I can tell that the HR team takes a lot of pride in their work, and I think that says something wonderful about the culture.

I submitted my application through their internal HRIS system and heard back regarding an interview with a recruiter the next day (Friday). Interviewed with the recruiter and heard back within the day to schedule my interview with the hiring manager. I met with the hiring manager (digitally) the following Monday. I promptly heard back to schedule for my third and final interview on Wednesday and ended up meeting with my final three interviewers Thursday of the same week. I received an offer the next Monday. All-in-all it was a very RAPID ;) and organized process.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Austin, TX (US)).

Interview

I was called in for an in-person interview for the marketing team. Interview seemed to go well. Was given ridiculous feedback later about how I didn't want to be there and was arrogant because when asked how I would handle a poorly written pull request that I would ask the programmer to fix it. That came off as not a team player and not what they needed. After interviewing the position was renamed to a team lead position so apparently I was interviewing for a different position than I applied for. Also they stiffed me on the 25 bucks to park in the frost tower. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle this very poorly written PR?   1 Answer

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Had a phone call with a recruiter for the first round. They asked me basic questions about my resume, experience, and why sales. The next round was a phone interview with a manager, which was a casual conversation about the same (why sales, what experience do you have, why would you be good at this role, etc). The final round was three 30-minute interviews with different managers. They asked about perseverance, struggle, why sales, and essentially why me over anybody else that was applying.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      Why you?
      Why Rapid7?
      When have you persevered through struggle?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

The Interview process was very smooth and easy. The hr manager called to screen and set up a video interview shortly after. I had a follow up interview which was well organized.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7 (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

There was a phone interview with the hiring manager. After a pleasant conversation, he set up my second interview. The second interview lasted 30 minutes and was also pleasant. The 3rd and final interview was with 3 separate people each 30 minutes long. Everyone was kind and easy to talk to. In the end, they couldn't hire me because of the pandemic.

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Rapid7.

Interview

It was a standard process with a recruiter phone screening, then the hiring manager, then an onsite for a few hours meeting with multiple employees and a final call with leadership. It was a very professional process and I truly enjoyed working with their recruitment team. While I decided on another offer it had nothing to do with this company's process or any kind of negative experience. They were very considerate and professional which speaks highly of their overall culture. I would absolutely recommend this company to anyone based on my experience and the experiences of others who have worked here.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.