Quicken Loans Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 17 Apr 2018
1,180 Interview Reviews

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

It was very relaxed. I did not feel pressured to know certain answers or have to say the "correct" answer. I felt like the recuriting team was very nice and knew how to work and handle the job postions they were ofering.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI (US)).

Interview

I interviewed over the phone for a Business Analyst position at Quicken Loans in Detroit. The only reason I got an interview, as far as I can tell, is because I'm friends with someone who is friends with someone who used to work in Quicken's HR department. What an awful criterion for hiring people -- whether or not you're friends with someone who works there. Apparently Quicken runs on the culture of the old boy's club. (Another friend of mine who used to work at Quicken described the company as shady, but I took the interview anyway).

The interviewer who I spoke with (the friend of a friend of friend) never asked me any technical questions. He didn't gauge if I had any knowledge. All he did was go over my resume and ask how much money I made at each job. Bad experience. Apparently Quicken likes to mine interviewees for salary information.

Don't let Quicken fool you that it is a benevolent company that wants to pump money into Detroit's economy. Quicken is all about $$$ and the bottom line.

Oracle Database Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

Applied for the job online. Round 1 was a quick introduction and later round 2 was interviewed on technical side. Since I was not located in the same state and live in minnesota was not preferred as I could not manage both college n my internship

Infrastructure Strategist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

I had a phone interview with a recruiter. He was trying to make it a conversation, but it was not very fluid, and awkward. He didn't seem to understand my background. The salary for the job was below what I currently make, so I was no longer interested. He asked me about other jobs I might be interested in, and I threw out two other jobs. He followed up with me via a voice message. On the message he mentioned a job I had said I might be interested in, and not the original job. He also mentioned that he appreciated me flying in for the interview. I did the interview over the phone at work. He did not leave a good impression of quicken and their professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your job? Why do you want to leave current employer? why this job? Why Quicken Loans? Tell me about a time you had to overcome an obstacle?   Answer Question

23 Mar 2018 – Community Manager

Thank you for your review. We are always working on ways to improve our interview process.

Mortgage Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (Detroit, MI (US)).

Interview

The interview was fun, upbeat, and very much trying to show the great parts of working for Quicken Loans. They do not tell you that you will be working until 8, 9, or 10 pm some nights or that most weekends are also required.

Interview Questions

Quicken Loans Response

14 Mar 2018 – Community Manager

Thank you for your review.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

I applied on campus, and received an interview from the career fair. The interview was incredibly talkative and easygoing. Some behavioral questions. Very informal. Guided me through the interview as he could tell this was my first internship interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Quicken Loans? What do you know about Quicken Loans?   Answer Question

Director, Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

It was all good until the point they ask you your salary. they have no baseline to market salary. So my advice if you want the job start low and aim high after the selection process.

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Quicken Loans.

Interview

The recruiter was late for our scheduled time. Then, towards the end told me the position was already filled. Thanks for the waste of time! What a joke!

Detroit Ambassador Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Quicken Loans in March 2018.

Interview

There was a call to set up an actual call. But why though? Then the actual call wasn't even about the position I applied for, but about how my skills, talents, and experience could work into the Quicken Loans/Rock Ventures organization. I'm not applying to another position, I wanted to interview about the position I applied for. I found that to be a bait and switch. Then they go and talk about where I could fit in and take into consideration the position I applied for. That's ridiculous. If I wanted a different position, I would've applied for that position. The recruiter was bland and had no personality. Didn't really try to connect with me, but of course she didn't because they don't recruit for specific positions, but the company at-large. Recruiter then called back 2 business days later and said I'm not going further. Said I didn't have one of the skills they wanted despite the fact the skill was all over my resume (including in the title and part of the role of a previous position). Done with QL. I didn't think I was a shoe-in totally, but an in-person interview would've been nice and if it didn't work there, then fine. Don't care if I sound bitter, I'll move on, but that excuse was weak and I could see right through it.

14 Mar 2018 – Community Manager

Thank you for your candid review. We would love to hear more about our experience. Please email Lisa@quickenloans.com if you would like to discuss further.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Quicken Loans (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Telephonic round with the HR mostly about behavioural questions. Online test and then Skype interview with a panel of 4. My interview went great but I was rejected within an hour saying they will go ahead with the candidate whose profile closely matches with the job. I was shocked to hear that as my data science work experience is very close to what they do. This round was highly technical so I can very well judge myself. Now I strongly feel that they had already picked someone and this interview was just a formality. Very disappointed!

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.