PubMatic Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

PubMatic Interview Questions

Interviews at PubMatic

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at PubMatic.

Interview

Very speedy process from resume submission to final interview round. Process maybe took about 2 weeks total, which is amazingly fast. The recruiting team was transparent and communicative throughout each round. For the in-person round, the recruiters were professional and friendly, which made my decision to join even easier since I know that future teammates will get the same great treatment. The team I was interviewing for was also professional and had great talent/experience, which again, made my decision to join a lot easier.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where the answer wasn't very clear and how did you resolve.   Answer Question
    • Walk me through a scenario where a publisher is complaining about their revenue and how would you resolve.   Answer Question

Solutions Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at PubMatic.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me, scheduled a phone interview the next day. Its been more than 2 weeks and the recruiter hasn't gotten back yet. He said he would have an update within a week. Good luck Pubmatic team, you have a long way to go....

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at PubMatic (Redwood City, CA (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

I applied online and couple of weeks later, recruiter called me and said If I'm available we can have the interviews in TWO days and give me the offer!!!! FALSE!! In the first round I talked to the hiring manager mostly talking about my background and their projects. He was really nice. Later was invited to onsite for three rounds of TECHNICAL interviews (based on their agenda 2 out of 3 interviews supposed to be coding and machine learning). The first one was with the hiring manager again. He didn't have any question and was there to answer my questions. I just talked about some technical ideas I had to solve some of their challenges. The second one was with one of team members. He was not ready at all, didn't have any question to ask and got offended when I was asking him about the team and projects. The third one was with another team member. He spent most of the interview time to understand details of my background and in the end ask me a simple machine learning / problem solving question. I was expecting to receive a yes/no answer but surprisingly recruiter contacted and asked for another interview. Apparently they didn't have ANY plan for the interviews. This time was with another team member but remotely. He was really nice person and mostly technical about the basics of CS. Again I was expecting to receive an answer but nothing. I followed up with them two times but no reply and ghosted. UNPROFESSIONAL!

Interview Questions

• Basic ML questions. Complexity of sorting and searching algorithms and medium level LC questions.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PubMatic (Redwood City, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

two phone calls one with the recruiter and one with the hiring manager, then one site visit to meet 4 team members. Office tour and then 15minutes with a Senior person. Very quick and efficient process

Senior Manager (Subject Matter Expert) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at PubMatic (Redwood City, CA (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

I applied online, and was phone screened by Talent Acquisition, who subsequently provided additional information on the opening and quickly set up a remote interview with the hiring manager. Over the phone, the hiring manager and I discussed processes and current industry challenges related to the particular area of focus, how we typically dealt with specific related scenarios, and how we might look to improve offerings moving forward.

After that interview went well, I was scheduled for a remote teleconference panel of sequential interviews with various technical and commercial stakeholders who I'd be working with in the role, and discussed topics tied to their various focuses (product development, technical client support, sales, etc.).

Several days later I was offered and accepted the position.

Altogether the process was fast and painless, and provided opportunities to speak with many groups who I'd be interacting with, but as a hire who needed to relocate, I would have appreciated the opportunity to meet the team and visit in person to get a better feel for the company, people, and culture.

Interview Questions

• How do you move forward conclusively when dealing with ambiguous data?   Answer Question

Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at PubMatic (New York, NY (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Set up the phone screen with HR who was upbeat but already slightly concerning. Some of the questions asked were already answered in my application process and they didn't seem to care for more detail. Nevertheless, I was told that I seemed like a good fit and getting the phone screen with the hiring manager seemed likely.
    I was told that I would hear back by the end of the day. I waited 48 hours to send a follow-up and got a quick reply that I would have more information in about a day. I waited 4 days and followed-up again and was ghosted. Not even the decency to say "we're not moving forward".

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at PubMatic.

Interview

HR contacted me via LinkedIn and sent me an assessment test questionnaire. Once I passed that I had 1 HR and 2 technical video calls. After that I had a video panel consisting of 3 more technical calls. All the interviewers were very intelligent yet friendly. HR is also super responsive in setting up these calls.

Interview Questions

• Technical calls covered questions from machine learning, linear algebra, probability, vector calculus, statistics, SQL, python concepts and coding.   Answer Question

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at PubMatic (New York, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

The recruiter reached out via e-mail and then managed the process
    A first call with the recruiter, manager phone call, half-day on-site, sales demo, then offer.
    All took 2 weeks in total.

Interview Questions

• Explain my current company and pitch it as though a client
      What do I look for in company culture, what about my current role does not fit   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Describe yourself, and do one question. Because I failed, so no more questions. The interviewer will introduce himself. Just need java developer.Describe yourself, and do one question. Because I failed, so no more questions. The interviewer will introduce himself. Just need java developer.

Interview Questions

• Sort a array, [W B W B B W W B ] === [W W W W B B B B ]   5 Answers

Talent Acquisition Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Redwood City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at PubMatic (Redwood City, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The hiring manager contacted me via LinkedIn.

I had a phone interview for about 45 minutes where the hiring manager explained the role and the expectations from the successful candidate. He then asked me about my experience, reason I wanted to join PubMatic and some other specific job related questions. I did well and we scheduled an onsite interview.

The onsite interview lasted for about 2 hours. Upon arrival for the onsite interview, the first interviewer gave me a brief tour of the office, invited me to their cafeteria for some snacks/drinks (which is super well stocked with organic snacks and drinks galore) and then escorted me to the meeting room where the interview was conducted.

The interviewers were well prepared and made me feel at ease right from the beginning. The interview was conversational and engaging.

The overall process was very good and made a very good impression on me.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to recruit for a tough-to-fill position, the challenges you ran into, how you problem-solved, and the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me one more example of a time when you had to recruit for a tough-to-fill position, the challenges you ran into, how you problem-solved, and the outcome?   1 Answer
    • Can you tell me about your approach to managing client relations (the client is the hiring manager), engagement style, interview process handling, decision-making, offer finalization offer generation, closing?   1 Answer
    • What ATS (Applicant Tracking Systems) have you used?   1 Answer
    • What job boards have you used? What's the main differences between them?   1 Answer
    • Over LinkedIn Recruiter, how do you engage with a candidate via InMail (Recruiter version)? Describe your process, nuances, success rates, and the whole cycle to a successful hire.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.