Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company Interview Questions

Interviews at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company

2.3

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lagrange Hlds, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company (Lagrange Hlds, IL (US)).

Interview

Got an email from the HR asking me for a date and time for a 30 min phone interview with hiring manager. Basically went through my entire resume.All questions were straight forward. Then after a week asked me to come in for face to face interview. I met the HR manager who went through the benefits . After that, there was an hour long interview with the engineering lead of the team and the director. All again straight forward question based on the resume. After a weeks time got the offer.

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albertville, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company (Albertville, AL (US)) in November 2019.

Interview

Submitted application and received an email requesting the best time for an interview that fits my schedule. Arrived 15 Minutes prior to the time agreed upon and was directed into a conference room. Sat across from 2 people who asked questions regarding my skill set and some "what would you do in such a situation " style questions

Test Technician Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company.

Interview

You really just need to convince your interviewer of 3 things. You are very trainable, or in other words have good "learning agility". You can use knowledge to solve a technical problem. You like to wotk hard and are dependable. Electrical experience is very helpfull, especially as an electrician or electronics tech.

Interview Questions

• Can you work lots of overtime?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company.

Interview

Initially contracted in through sterling. Interviewed with the manager of the department and with domestic and international supervisors. Both interviews were welcoming and open to questions about the role. Questions were focused on how I would handle conflict and problem solve on the job.

Interview Questions

• Share a previous experience you have had resolving a problem with a customer?   Answer Question

Engineer II Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company.

Interview

Very informal, and at times very unorthodox. The hiring manager was very informative about the company, but never really took the time to "interview me." I met with the HR Manager for less than 10 minutes and was informed that I would need to come back at a later date to complete the interview process. Total interview process took over a month of phone calls, medical exam, and a separate meeting for benefits review.

Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Union, KY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company (Union, KY (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

Met with the car shop plant manager and took a facility tour. The whole experience was very pleasant and positive. Plant manager was very nice and easy to talk to.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

Interview

I met with a co-worker and hiring manager. They needed a person with my skillset and was hired in two days. I really enjoyed the interview and people I met.

Interview Questions

• If I was capable of handing projects and working with other.   2 Answers

Engineer III Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company.

Interview

The interview process was no nonsense and straight forward. They asked typical interview questions, and later turned into a conversational affair. After the interview, I was shown around and met many of the people I would work with.

IT Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albertville, AL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company (Albertville, AL (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Very relaxed and informal. I met the Manager and was given a tour of the Operation Center. I was introduced to some of the people on the team I would work with if hired. We then went to the managers office and he looked over my application and asked me a few questions about my skill set. He made it extremely easy. It was like I was just talking to an old friend. I didn't feel nervous like I have in other interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience in IT?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Progress Rail, A Caterpillar Company.

Interview

I was brought in without an interview as a temp. based on education and previous experience. I did not have to interview when offered the full time position since I had worked directly for the hiring manager.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.