Primark Retail Assistant - Sales Floor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Primark Retail Assistant - Sales Floor Interview Questions

Interviews at Primark

2.2

Retail Assistant- Sales Floor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Primark in July 2015.

Interview

Applied for the second time and got an email hours later asking me to go to an interview 2 weeks later. Went to customer services as directed where I was told to go to the fitting rooms where someone will take me up. I was left waiting for about 5 minutes in the canteen before being called in for the interview with the head of HR. She was very nice and went through the questions quickly. She left briefly to take a copy of my passport before returning to give me the job.

Interview Questions

• who are primarks competitor's and why?   1 Answer
  • name a situation where you was part of a team   1 Answer
  • describe a situation where you've had to do something difficult and how did you manage it.   Answer Question
  • describe a situation where you have given a presentation.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was asked when I could start and what hours fitted me best.

Other Interview Reviews for Primark

Retail Assistant- Sales Floor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primark (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

After one day I got an email telling me to book a interview, found this in my junk mail.
    The questions were nothing like the ones I prepared for from this site.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for primark?   Answer Question
    • Scenario - women cannot find a dress in the size she's looking for, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Scenario - customer in a rush but there's a queue for the changing rooms, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • What can you bring to the team?   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you worked in a team? What did you do?   Answer Question

Retail Assistant- Sales Floor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Primark (Colchester, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

Had to fill an application form which was basically a hand written CV- Including things like recent job roles and work experience, referees details, etc.
    The actual interview was fairly easy, interviewer was nice and made the me feel less nervous; was very chatty. Fairly easy interview with only 4 main questions. Was told about training, pay etc.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for Primark?   Answer Question
    • What are Primarks competitors?   1 Answer
    • Give an example of a time where you worked as part of a team and what qualities you brought to the team   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a presentation you gave.   Answer Question

Retail Assistant- Sales Floor Interview

Interview

There was 2 managers from diferentes stores and they both where having vacancies, In the lady's sections.
    They where really sweet and welcoming
    The intervew Last in about 20 minutes

Interview Questions

Negotiation

She all ready told me the date of the induction but I still waiting for a confirmation call

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Primark (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview process consists in three parts. First of all, you will be asked to present yourself, you should expect to talk about your relevant experiences for the job. Bear in mind to stress how important was to deliver a great customer service in your previous job and how successfully you achieved the result.
    Secondly, the will go through several questions about your previous roles. Be prepared with clear and concise explanations.

Finally, they will ask HR questions. They have a sort of form to fill with 3 questions for each topic. The interviewer will choose one of the three questions. All the questions have been already reported here. I have studied for my interview preparing an answer for each question. Important: remind to use the STAR structure. You should be ready to "serve" an example for each question. Doesn't matter if it comes from real experience or not. It should look real and pertinent to the topic.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the time you have had to check the quality of your work.   Answer Question

Retail Assistant- Sales Floor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bury, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Primark (Bury, North West England, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

I found the job vacancy on Indeed and applied online. They rang me a few days after, then I received an email with all the details about the interview.

There was around 6 main questions and additional questions added to each, making you go into depth.
    It lasted about 15 minutes.
    They were very friendly and ensured I felt comfortable.

Retail Assistant- Sales Floor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Primark in September 2015.

Interview

My application was completed online along with some questionnaire. After 2 days of waiting, finally received an email about interview confirmation.

Went to primark told them I've got interview, staff member took me to canteen and I've been waiting 5 minutes for the interviewer. Firstly got asked for my personal documents and few simple questions such as if I had any criminal convictions. Then we moved to another section which was basically about working hours which I have already provided on my application form, after that we went to interview questions. Since it was my first interview I was not nervous as I thought I will be. The interviewer was nice but did not helped me when I had no answer to certain questions and I was improvising. After an interview I've been asked if I have any questions and that I will be contacted very soon whether or not I have been accepted.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • What skills do you have?   Answer Question
    • A customer is in hurry and wants to try on new clothes but the fitting room is full, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • Do you know anything about primark? e.g. Where did primark opened branch recently.   3 Answers
    • Give an example when you last time worked cooperatively.   Answer Question
    • When did you last time had to complete something that is near a deadline.   Answer Question
    • Your co worker is not doing great and struggles with the task, what do you do?   Answer Question
    • How do you provide customer service?   Answer Question

Retail Assistant- Sales Floor Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Primark.

Interview

Easy questions. Friendly. It was more like a conversation. Very laid back. Interviewer helped you out. Anyone could ace the interview. I applied online and got an email to go down a few days later

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Primark (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Onve completing the online applying and task (brief health and safety comprehension in order to get your certificate and get the job) you will then becalled for an interview (which is fairly quick) they invite you to the store you've applied for and conduct the interview there. If you are early you will wait in their canteen. You will then most likely be interviewed by the HR manager

Interview Questions

• Why did you want this job? (Why primark)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Primark (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online on the 15/05/2015 and received an email inviting me to an interview 4 days later. My interview was 22/05/2015 in the morning and I was interviewed by the assistant manager. The interview was very relaxed and the assistant manager was very polite the interview took about 25 mins

Interview Questions

• Give me an example when you gave excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • Who are the main competitors of Primark ?   1 Answer
    • What do you think is good customer service?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.