Cover image for Paycom

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Paycom Interview Questions

Updated 2 Feb 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,427 of over 1.4K interviews

Campus Recruiting12%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Paycom

Application

I interviewed at Paycom

Interview

The interview process was smooth and had 2 rounds of technical interviews. 1st round was technical and both behavioral same some for 2nd round But, didn't hear back from them. It's been 3 months.

Interview Questions
  • String manipulation questions, oops concept, DBMS
    Answer Question

Paycom

Application

I interviewed at Paycom

Interview

Challenging but rewarding, Top talent in the interview process and made sure we were good fit for particular teams and manager. Gave access to current reps to ask questions which was appreciated, tour of the office was cool, and being around the buzz of PC sets good expectations about what the job is like. No surprises once I took the role

Interview Questions
  • Strengths and weaknesses/ differentiators/past experiences/Personal challenges that define character

Paycom

Application

I interviewed at Paycom

Interview

Interview was straightforward and scheduled well. Was able to meet with several reps to discuss the position. Recruiter was very nice and gave easy answers before setting up round too with the team lead.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Paycom

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Paycom

Interview

2 interviews 1. Recruiter via phone - initially applied for 1 job, but recruiter had recommended I apply for another one that was better suited 2. One of the team managers in person

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK) in Jan 2023

Interview

Simple and fast, phone screen then onsite interview with hiring manager and team lead. Final interview was one hour. All questions were behavioral and were presented with a clear explanation of why they were asking it. They highly recommend using the STAR system to format answers. I received an offer the following day. The background screening process was completed in less than a week to confirm start date.

Interview Questions
  • Recall a time you were presented with complex information, then simplified that information in order to explain it to a third party that was unfamiliar with the concept.
  • Tell me about a time you came up with a solution to a problem. Then that solution was not successful. What steps did you take to resolve the issue?
  • Describe a new skill you learned recently.
  • How did you hear about Paycom?
  • Explain a new software or program you learned recently.
1 person found this interview helpful

Paycom

Application

I interviewed at Paycom

Interview

First Recruiter call was overall quick. We went over my resume. Answered some general HR related questions. Answered a couple of situational questions. Talked a bit more in depth of the position as well as the knowledge requirements for that position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Paycom (Oklahoma City, OK)

Interview

I got the job but it is a lengthy process filled with false hope.. The job that was described (that I interviewed for) was a lie to get me in the door. Very disappointed.

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Paycom

Application

I interviewed at Paycom

Interview

The person doing the interview process is very good at their job. It was a typical interview process. Thorough with their questions. Answered my questions well and cast the vision of the role.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Paycom (New York, NY) in Jan 2023

Interview

Quick review: CEO (Chad Richardson) does not allow sales teams to hire reps who have experience working for a competitor... Recruiter 10 minutes late to call... I applied on the company website and was contacted by a recruiter for a phone interview within 24 hours of the application. My resume was uploaded to the site and my LinkedIn link was provided in the application, but the recruiter stated they did not have all over my work experience/information. After verbally giving my background I was informed that the CEO (Chad Richardson) does not allow sales teams to hire reps who have any experience working for competitors, no matter the sector, and the interview was swiftly ended.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas-Fort Worth

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Paycom (Dallas-Fort Worth) in Jan 2023

Interview

Very timely, and friendly hiring managers. My interview lasted an hour and was full of transparency, information and mutual respect. I am hopeful I can add my skill set to this position and find a lasting career here at Paycom.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,427 Interviews