Nestlé Purina U.S. Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Nestlé Purina U.S. Interview Questions

Interviews at Nestlé Purina U.S.

3.1

Technical Sourcer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

Phone screen, behavioral-based, informative. Talked with an internal recruiter who had been there a couple of years. Nothing too difficult. Prepare for your behavioral questions and jot down notes before you start.

IT Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Rushed, short and cutting me off when trying to answer the recruiters questions. I was contacted by the recruiter fo talk about the position so I scheduled time, but was not even given the full amount of time to give my overview of my relevant experience. The recruiter topped me and said just the last five years would be good, but the position looks for at least seven.
    Next steps by whom and by when were left very unclear and when I asked for clarification I was not provided any additional information, the recruiter just repeated what they'd just said.
    The recruiter closed by asking for me to send my resume, telling me they didn't have it, so when I looked, I had in fact sent it to the recruiter the same day they solicited me for an interview.
    Overall my impression was that this recruiter was not paying attention to both detail, my answers, and seemed very overloaded.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

16 Jul 2020 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and interest in learning more about our IT Sr. Business Analyst opening. I’m sorry your conversation seemed rushed – while we do our best to make sure we capture your career background and behaviors during phone screens, we always want to be respectful of the time you’ve set aside to share, this includes being prepared for the conversation. I appreciate your feedback – know it’s used to coach and develop our team to provide the best recruitment experience possible. I went back several months and couldn’t find an IT Sr Business Analyst posting that required the 7 years’ experience you mentioned. I’d love the opportunity to clarify any confusion and give you more time to tell us about yourself. Please feel free to email us at careers@purina.nestle.com to set up a call. Thank you! David, Corporate Recruiting Manager

ORM Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S..

Interview

30 minute interview with Behavioral questions. It was a very friendly environment. I don’t think it was that bad, but it was very competitive. I was one of many and experience was very important.

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

14 Jul 2020 – Human Resources

We’re happy to hear the experience was important to you. We know your time is valuable, and we try our best to provide an upfront interview process and we’re happy to hear you have experienced just that. We hope that you will consider us in the future https://purinajobs.com/stayintouch. Thanks again for your feedback!

Assistant Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S..

Interview

I received a phone interview by applying online. The phone interview was pretty standard and lasted about 30 minutes. I got an email about 3 weeks later to set up a video interview. The video interview consisted of 3 different 1 hour interviews. During each of the 1 hour interviews, I discussed my resume and answered 4 behavioral questions. I suggest practicing the behavioral questions beforehand because they don't allow you to repeat answers. Overall the interviews were pretty laid back and straight forward. I then received a call about 3 weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1.) Describe a difficult situation and explain how you overcame it
      2.) Describe a situation where you faced resistance from a boss/ professor
      3.) Describe a time when you faced team conflict   Answer Question

2 Jun 2020 – Human Resources

First, welcome to the Nestle Purina team! We always appreciate feedback regarding our behavior based interview process. As you mentioned, practicing your response to behavior based questions beforehand is a great way to prepare and it sounds like you did just that! We always encourage our interviewees to feel comfortable bringing notes or a list of unique scenarios with them to keep them organized and confident during the interview. Again, thank you for your feedback and we look forward to working with you!

Senior Process Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Very communicative and straight forward. Everyone I spoke to along the way was helpful, informative and friendly, not at all intimidating. Everyone explained what process would look like and what to expect, including links to helpful hints about interviewing there.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a decision that you had to make in the absence of all relevant information.   Answer Question
    • Name a time when you had a missed opportunity to celebrate a team success.   Answer Question

14 Jul 2020 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback on our recruitment process. A well-thought our interview process is top of mind when we schedule time with candidates, and we’re happy to hear you experienced an informative interview as well as felt well-prepared for it with the guidance provided. We wish you the best on your career path and hope that you will stay in touch and consider us again on your future career search. https://purinajobs.com/stayintouch.

Service Support Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. in June 2020.

Interview

Behavioral assessment interview, STAR method answers expected, the overall experience was average. Was not able to learn specifics about the position interviewed for, but was able to learn more about benefits and the timeline for the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were able to change other peoples minds about something.   Answer Question

26 Jun 2020 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to provide a well-informed interview and we’re pleased to hear you experienced just that with details regarding our hiring process as well as our benefits. We understand these are vital details you need to make an informed career decision. Job specifics are just as important, and we do our best to provide as much details as we possibly can at the time of the interview as well as ample time for questions. As always, we appreciate the time you took to leave your feedback and we hope that you will consider us again in your future career search: https://purinajobs.com/stayintouch.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in April 2020.

Interview

Had the initial phone screen with HR. All questions are behavioral questions. At the end, HR asked me to send a background summary so she could forward it to hiring managers. Isn’t that what resume supposed to be?

Interview Questions

Nestlé Purina U.S. Response

22 May 2020 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback regarding your interview experience. We strive to schedule phone interviews quickly after you submit your application, so I am pleased to read that yours was scheduled within 1 week. We do our best to capture career backgrounds during phone screens, and as you mentioned the resume is a great synopsis of one’s employment history and we review resumes thoroughly before scheduling any interviews. Occasionally, the time we’ve set aside for interviews may not be enough, and we may ask a candidate to provide additional employment history so we’re confident that we’re obtaining your entire professional story. Again, thank you for your feedback! —Dave, Recruitment Manager

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S..

Interview

I have interviewed with Purina Petcare 4 times, 3 with the same recruiter, and for a total of 2 different job titles. The process that I have gone through has been canned, unprofessional, dishonest, and very impersonal. After the first time I interviewed with the recruiter, I was told at the end of the interview that I had an extremely well versed and experienced background for the job they were hiring for and am an ideal candidate for the role. I was told my answers to the STAR format behavioral questions were excellent and I communicated the answers in a very clear, concise way to the extent of the recruiter saying this was one of the best interviews she had ever had. I left the interview feeling confident and hopeful that I would move on in the process because I truly have a passion for the Purina brand, pets, and the health and wellness of pets... not to mention I am a pet owner and have fed your products for 30 years. And let me reiterate I was told this was an excellent interview. A week later, I got the " we're sorry we are pursuing other candidates at this time, but please keep checking back for other open positions" email. A few months later another position came up, not a TM position, and I reached out directly to the previous recruiter, because she told me I could personally contact her if I saw a position of interest. She said they were too far along in that process with some candidates and not accepting new applications. However, she did tell me to keep checking the site and other openings, especially after the new year because after people get their bonus' many leave and there are many open positions to fill. That threw up a red flag for me. So I did watch for more roles to pop up after the new year, and sure enough, that was an accurate statement. And based on comments on here even the HR department agrees you are not, in some cases, hiring the right talent and/or trying to keep them in regards to pay. I recently applied to another TM role, that once again, the recruiter I have interviewed with before and been in contact with, did the initial phone interview. Once on the phone her comment to me was " I was so glad to see your name apply for this position, you are an ideal candidate and would be great for this role." Again, the interview seemed great, like the others....and just like the others I received the "we are pursuing other candidates at this time" email came a week later. I will add that after receiving this email for the second time, I asked for some feedback if it was at all possible. The feedback that I received was I did not have enough outside sales experience. I have 15 years of outside sales experience and Account Management.
    If I wasn't the right candidate for the position, that's fine, but do not say how "ideal I am, how we need to find you a spot in our company, and that my interview was one of the best you have had" and then provide dishonest feedback when asked. I am extremely disappointed in how this process has occurred and it has really made me rethink my decision to apply at Purina Petcare and my perception of the company and brand.

Interview Questions

• STAR, behavioral related questions (there are an assortment)   Answer Question

26 May 2020 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. We receive many qualified applicants for our open sales roles; our hiring decisions are based off of not only years of experience but also the behaviors and skill sets identified in your behavioral based interview. Our recruiters want to stay in touch with great talent when they see it, however, I’m sorry if you’ve ever felt mislead because of this, that is most certainly never our intention. Searching for a new career takes time and effort, and I can empathize with your frustration. I hope that you’ll connect with us by emailing careers@purina.nestle.com for an open and honest conversation and consider open roles within our organization again in the future. Thank you! —Dave, Recruitment Manager

Digital Asset Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process was very smooth and well executed. The recruiter clearly outlined the process to me, and called me at the agreed upon time. The conversation was comfortable and relaxed, and the recruiter answered all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your biggest achievements wit your organization?   Answer Question

27 May 2020 – Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback. Considering a new career can be stressful, and we’re happy to hear you felt comfortable and relaxed during the interview process. We always encourage questions during the recruitment process. It’s important you make sure we’re a fit just as much as we’re ensuring you’re qualified for the role and we’re always impressed when candidates take the initiative to research a potential employer. We appreciate your feedback and hope you consider applying to positions that interest you again in the future.

Logistics Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Nestlé Purina U.S. (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Overall, the interview process was well coordinated, timely & thorough. In addition the information communicated to me as a candidate prior to each interview was detailed. First round interview was with recruiter. Second round was a 3 hour interview format broken up into hour long interviews with the hiring manager, team member, and director of group. Each group asked different behavior based questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a recent situation when you went beyond your role to achieve a goal or objective.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when it was important, but difficult, to build a relationship with someone within your organization.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you successfully led a new project or plan. Describe the actions you took, the challenges you faced, how you overcame those challenges and what the overall outcome was.   Answer Question

27 May 2020 – Human Resources

We strive to have a well-coordinated interview process that consists of all the details you need to make an informed career decision and transparent communication along the way. We’re thrilled to hear your experience was just that. We appreciate the time you took to leave your feedback and we hope that you will consider us again in your future career search: https://purinajobs.com/stayintouch.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.