MoneyGram International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

MoneyGram International Interview Questions

Interviews at MoneyGram International

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis Park, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Saint Louis Park, MN (US)).

Interview

Chaotic interview with some in the room and one person on the phone via conference call.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were technical-related to lower level positions. After the interview I told the hiring manager that I was not interested in the lower level position, however, the email was not read and a week later was contacted to come in for a 2nd round of interviews. This should have tipped me off about the completely chaotic nature of MoneyGram.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked me how much money I needed to come to MoneyGram.

Social Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Dallas, TX (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for a Global Social Media Manager role. I spoke with a recruiter, had a phone interview, then a half-day in person interview with 6 people, along with a 45-minute case study. The interview went well and I was offered the job a few days later, but it was lower than what I'd be willing to take based on the scope of work for the role. I told them my minimum salary requirement multiple times before receiving the offer and the HR Manager led me to believe that "things were looking positive" for that salary. It took them almost a full week of back and forth communication to send me an offer that was not what we discussed with barely any explanation. They seemed to have been very focused on what I currently make, which has absolutely nothing to do with how much I should have been offered for the role with MG. Throughout my interview process, several people made comments about how qualified I was, how most people they've interviewed prior to me did not have a good understanding of the role, and it seems they've been trying to fill the role since the beginning of this year. I am honestly offended by the salary offered and feel it was racially driven.

Luckily, I am currently employed and have several other offers from companies that clearly value my skills and what I can bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• Go over your resume, why do you want to work for MoneyGram, and a couple of "how would you handle X situation?". Overall, the interview questions were fairly easy.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Dallas, TX (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Friendly people. Respectful. They made me feel part of the team right away. If you do not do your research and prepare yourself, you will not make it here. These people are smart, savvy in the tech and business world. They promote within and hire top quality.

Interview Questions

• If you could change one thing about your past what would it be?   1 Answer

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MoneyGram International in May 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with hiring manager and team member. Asked interest in future career, company, division, etc. Overall standard questions including "tell me about yourself" "why do you want to work here"

Interview Questions

• Questions were not particularly difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted offer As it is

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Dallas, TX (US)) in December 2013.

Interview

Position was to backfill a promotion. All directors were honest and provided good insight into job. Peer also explained day to day expectations. HR was not as through as expected, but onboarding is what it is. Level applied for it was expected to ramp up quickly, so no real onboarding.

Merchandising Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Pompano Beach, FL (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

Started out kind of bad, as the original recruiter missed 2 scheduled phone calls, without notice, email, sorry, etc, so by the time we talked I was a bit peeved. She sent me a thanks / no thanks email the next day. But being tenacious, I reached out via LinkedIn to the hiring manager and head of HR, and I actually got a call and another round of interviews. So big thumbs up for that. I subsequently had 3 interviews with a very together sr recruiter, the CMO and the head of HR, all good interviews that asked about my relevant experience, and felt me out for a cultural fit. All very professional, upbeat and focused. MoneyGram has had a tough year and these guys seem posed to turn that around.

Interview Questions

• Very specific questions about how I had achieved the results outlined on my resume. This was a fairly high level position, so there we no "tell me about a time you dealt with an upset customer."   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Dallas, TX (US)) in February 2010.

Interview

Pretty straight forward

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MoneyGram International.

Interview

applied on line got called by in house recruiter, had an initial phone screening. Than had three different calls with three different managers and than an in person meeting with two manager. In the end I got the offer over the phone. The whole process took about six weeks.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Dallas, TX (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

Easy, wasnt very tough. Straightforward and skill testing questions...it was a pleasant process and interviewers were warm and very energetic.......... .......... ........... ........... ............ .......... ......... ........... ........... ......... .......... ............. ............ ........... .......... ........... ........... .......... .......... ......... ........... .......... ......... ........... .......... .......... ...........

Interview Questions

Negotiation

was pretty easy. just one to and fro

Senior Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MoneyGram International (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Recruiter interview by phone followed by an onsite group interview including the hiring manager. The interview questions revolved around software experience and general background. Softball questions that allowed me to showcase my experience that would meet their demands. The hiring manager seemed driven and smart, and did admit she likes to micromanage. The position seemed great, on a great team. One of the employees was not engaged in the interview at all, looking at their phone from the start. Seemed like an odd culture, and felt like there are some undertones of resentment that the HQ moved, and may possibly move some functions to Poland. They said HR would reach out to me but I never heard back and I accepted another job.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.