Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Microsoft Product Advisor Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

2.5

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Cleveland, OH (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I first applied to Microsoft online during my last month of seasonal employment at my last job. I tested the system with an attempt at the gaming position (because I’ve only been playing video games for almost 20 years) and they had a question about whether I worked professionally with video game troubleshooting for over a year. I guess not so maybe I would have had to work at GameStop? Anyway I got an automated rejection email a day later just to see how the system worked.

So I received an email about a week after my application for the Part Time Product Advisor position from a recruiter with a “phone screen” questionnaire. Here’s the kicker, I thought it was fake! The email was full of typos and the email looked different from the ones directly from Microsoft. I never got a phone call yet either. I did loads of research for the questions and to test if it was all legitimate. I tried calling the Microsoft Store I applied to and got stuck with the automated assistant and Google was no help. Even job sites like this one lacked people in my situation. I typed out the questions in the table format she sent me and sent them off just to see what happened. I waited a week and got no response. I found her on LinkedIn instead just to update her on my employment availability which became open later in the month after my seasonal job ended.

Lo and behold, I actually received a call though because I was still hesitant, I truly did not know it was her until it was too late and I got the voicemail. She was calling from California I think which spooked me. The call was unanswered and now that I think about it, perhaps it could have helped me get the job.

That weekend I actually got a missed call and voicemail from the Microsoft Store I applied to but it was a different number than what I called initially. Luckily, I got a follow up email immediately and it turned out the Assistant Manager was trying to schedule an interview for next week.

A team member greeted me and welcomed me into the store on the interview day. He offered me a bottle of water after I told him I was here for an interview. I then waited for a few minutes at a nice gaming PC station until the Assistant Manager greeted me. I was startled but he seemed like a nice guy. He also offered me a bottle of water. The back room looked a bit like the Apple Store. I was pleasantly surprised that I was in a 1-on-1 interview and not a panel as described by most people who reported interviews for Microsoft.

I felt that things were going well again until the interview. I think even though I studied for a month for this position, because I was late and in a panic to get there thanks to unreliable transportation, I forgot much of everything. I didn’t even show him my questionnaire or harp on about Microsoft and Xbox like I have initially. He didn’t really ask me to elaborate on my skills and what qualifications I have outside of that pesky retail and past job experience. I ended the interview early without closure. I went home worried and confused as well as tired but I had to come up with a thank you email ASAP.

Now I waited about 10 days just like the job sites recommended which was silly because by the time it reached day 10, in the middle of my follow up email with the recruiter, I was already denied the job before the automated email told me as I checked the career site and I expressed that in my message. I wasn’t sure if it was because I really didn’t qualify or if I should have replied earlier. I can say though it must have gone well enough because it took nearly half a month for them to deny me as opposed to just over the weekend. I could always try again down the line.

Interview Questions

• What is business development?   4 Answers
  • Tell me about a time where you set differences aside when working with a coworker or a customer.   3 Answers
  • Tell me about a time in which you dealt with a tough customer.   1 Answer
  • Questionnaire: Why do you want to work at a Microsoft Store?   1 Answer
  • Questionnaire: What is your favorite Microsoft product and why?   1 Answer
  • What is your favorite technology?   1 Answer
  • Questionnaire: Have you interviewed with a Microsoft Store before?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

3 separate interviews all at different times. First with staff members, then supervisor, and lastly with store manager. All three interviews were about an hour long each. Easy questions yet extensive. Asked about experience with Microsoft products, technology, etc.

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

There was a hiring event at the local microsoft store about 50 people came and we all spent time introducing each other and then learning about some of the benefits. We were then given dates for follow up interviews

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you when above and beyond for a customer.   2 Answers

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

The process took about 2-3 weeks. Attended a Microsoft Career Event then was contacted by the recruiter after about a week. Had the first interview with an Assistant Manager then had the second interview with the Store Manager. Everyone was friendly and nice. The interview was inside the mall near the Microsoft store which made it informal and relaxing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   3 Answers

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Arlington, VA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

Very laid back and chill. Met at a Starbucks in the mall not far from the Microsoft store. Was the assistant manager and manager that were present. The made the conversation flow naturally and mentioned how everyone there was a family.

Interview Questions

• Why Microsoft ? Tell me about your self. What do you see your self comfortably presenting to an audience.   1 Answer

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in King of Prussia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (King of Prussia, PA (US)) in November 2018.

Interview

I submitted an application on the Microsoft website on a Saturday, and I was contacted through email by a recruiter the following Tuesday. We scheduled a phone interview for the following Wednesday, and she also sent me a questionnaire to complete. During the phone interview we discussed why I was interested in Microsoft, as well as what the position entailed. It was very brief and friendly. I was then told that I would be contacted by the hiring manager to schedule an in-person interview. I was contacted that same evening (still Wednesday) to schedule an interview for the coming Friday. I interviewed with the hiring manager and she was very personable. After our interview she had me interview with the general manager (still Friday). She was also a nice woman, and very direct. I was told I'd be contacted once decisions were made. I sent a thank you letter that evening. I received a call on Monday that I was offered the position. A background check was then conducted and concluded within a week and a half of the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for Microsoft?   2 Answers

Negotiation

If you give a good interview, you may be offered more than the initial rate...

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Honolulu, HI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Honolulu, HI (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

Entire application and interview process took a week. Reached out to me within a day after submitting application. Scheduled an interview in-person 2 days after reaching out to me. Everyone was friendly and inviting. Definitely no tension between me and the two store managers who interviewed me.

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

Two interviews:
    1 group interview and another individual interview.
    I applied to participate at a hiring event they held in their flagship store. I applied and I went. There were about 30 people applying.

Interview Questions

• Personal experience and how it would be a great addition to the company.   2 Answers

Product Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft (Dallas, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Very easy .. they just want to see your personal conection to the company. Very simple, they also look for product knowledge. They also give you a brief. They look for patients its important

Product Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online and then got an email to fill more pdf forms out and send them back!! After a week got an email to schedule a phone interview with a recruiter but that never happend because 1 week later I got a phone call from the store manager to come in for an in person interview. When I arrived there were no customers in the store only the employees who notified the manager but still I had to wait. After he finally came he took me outside of the store looking for an empty table inside the "food court" area of the mall. Woow at that point I had already checked out of the whole process because its just not professional. Agewise the interviewing manager could have been my younger son. As my other interviewers he had not even looked at my CV but asked me typical entry level (graduate students) questions while reading them off of his tablet. I know that he could not properly understand what I was telling him, cus it was too loud with lots of noise distractions. At that point I could have cared less because I knew right away, they not gonna call back for a 2nd interview or if they do I wont be selected. The 2nd option happened after a week and it did not surprise me at all.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.