Microsoft Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Microsoft Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in December 2019.

Interview

I was invited to the first stage which was a phone interview but didn't get to the next stages which will involve going to Redmond, Washington and undergoing about two to three sets of 45 minutes interviews.

Interview Questions

• How do you arrange numbers in a phone book?
    How do you test a tv remote?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Applied online. On campus first round interview. Some basic questions. The person was really helpful. No matter how you feel about the interview just understand that the interview helped you get better. It doest really matter if you got the offer or not.

Interview Questions

• The first round of the interview was on campus. I was asked simple questions about my resume and then also some questions regarding binary trees and binary search trees. And then a technical question on binary trees   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2019.

Interview

I apply through its page, they called me 2 weeks later. I had a phone interview with a member of the department I applied. The process for the 1st interview was short but I had to wait much more for the second interview.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, why this department?, why this company?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

There was two phone interviews. First one was with the manager and he asked about my background. Second one was with one of the engineers where he asked technical questions about machine learning.

Interview Questions

• Pick a machine learning algorithm and describe it. What optimization method would you use for this algorithm.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)) in February 2019.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview. Did not hear back for 2 months. Got the rejection email saying no spots left. Got email after few days for setting up onsite. 4 rounds technical + lunch was kind of technical too with one of their engineers.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Provo, UT (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Submit resume , if selected go to on campus interview, from there either given a pass or asked for superday. While my resume passed the first screen. They really wanted someone with more finance classes than just 1. All the other analytical stuff did not really seem to matter.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

It was an on-campus Interview. Interview started with asking me about my project experience and then a programming question. It went well but after 2 weeks I got a reject.

Interview Questions

• Programming question on strings   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Evanston, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Evanston, IL (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Talked to developer at job fair, then got email for 30 minute on-campus interview a few weeks later. The interviewer was very antsy, and I later discovered he was supposed to board his flight in two hours and my interview was his last. Whole experience felt rushed.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a recruiter contacted me to set up an interview. It was a 30 minute phone interview where they asked me all sorts of questions of why I chose Microsoft and what I'm looking for in the internship. Then they asked me some techinal questions. They then contacted me a week later with an offer.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

After a phone screen I was invited to participate in an on-site interview for a summer internship. The process was a full day event 9am-5pm, and I actually ended up missing my return flight home from Redmond. I went through 4 interviews, where 1 was combined with a lunch interview. At the end I met with the hiring manager, where I made a silly mistake on a whiteboard problem because I was so exhausted. I found out 3 days later that I did not make the cut for the internship.

Interview Questions

• Stuff you can easily google about ASCII, which is lame that you have to have that sort of trivia memorized   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.