Microsoft Hardware Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Microsoft Hardware Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Microsoft

3.1

Hardware Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through online, was contacted 1 month later to set up phone interview. Had phone interview, plenty of technical topics including Classes, Linked-lists, diodes, Verilog, logic gates. Asked about a time I built a circuit with a group. Was contacted about a month later with generic rejection email

Interview Questions

• Explain methods of virtual inheritance as best as you can   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Microsoft

Hardware Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Austin, TX (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Interviewed at SWE conference. Mostly behavioral questions. Prepare for some technical questions too. Interviewer wanted to know why I chose to interview with Microsoft, and why I chose my major.

Interview Questions

• What would a Hardware Engineer need to know in order to build a vending machine?   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft (Raleigh, NC (US)).

Interview

Phone interview, followed by an onsite interview. Reply withing one week. Mostly technical Questions, very friendly interviewers. Basic EE questions. Few Behavioral Questions. Nice Office and very lively city.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Apply the position online and they have an interview in our campus. Ask four tech question and some behavior question. First ask about use nor gate to implement not gate and use mux to implement and gate. And then ask several BJT questions.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I signed up for an interview through my school's career process. They asked basic hardware questions on gates, transistor, logic, op amps and filters.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard ie: what is the voltage in this transistor circuit? Turn a NAND gate into an inverter. and determine a filter is high pass or low pass.   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft in February 2012.

Interview

first interview phone interview, applied through online application. The company contact first by email and then call. They also set up a virtual meeting where interviewee can write on white board.

Interview Questions

• Build a bit adder using mux   1 Answer

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft in December 2011.

Interview

There are totally five interviewers. Most of them are really nice people. They asked me a lot of testing questions. They would make an Example for you, and wish you can find the problem for them. The whole interview costed the whole morning from 8:00 am. They directly talked to me I am refused.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft in October 2011.

Interview

I was prescreened by the company recruiter twice. Once for general information/personality fit. the 2nd interview was basic intelligence/skills.

The 3rd round, I was interviewed by the hiring manager.

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft (Monterrey, Nuevo León (Mexico)) in August 2019.

Interview

First filter was a curriculum check and behavioral questions, then 2 days later had a call to schedule a technical interview in Microsoft offices in Mexico so, the interview was one on one and was all technical related.