Find jobs for Software Engineer New Grad

Meta Software Engineer New Grad Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 119 of over 9,608.0 interviews

Recruiter19%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

One online assessment, with 30min personality quiz. One phone screen, three final round interviews: two coding, one behavioural. Each interview with interviewer was 45 minutes in duration. Friendly interviewers, except for behavioural.

Interview Questions
  • Talked about conflicts, successes, past projects, feedback from peers.
    Answer Question

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

1st round, virtual, and whatnot. Did amazing on the first technical screen, the second guy didn't really speak well and led me in another direction away from the answer I was nearing.

Interview Questions
  • Given list of integers, find how many contiguosuly add up to a sum.

Meta

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Meta in Apr 2022

Interview

Phone screen (45 minute technical interview) Onsite (2x 45 minute technical, 1x 45 minute behavioural) Technical interviews were the same difficulty in both rounds, leetcode medium questions. Somewhat difficult but I also just should have prepared more. Behavioural was standard interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of a time where you had to work with a difficult coworker?

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Recruiter reached out to me. I scheduled the technical interview for times I was free. When the day came I went into the technical interview! During my technical interview, I was asked two questions. The first was very easy, the second one had to do with binary trees.

Interview Questions
  • Given an array filled with numbers 0-100, organize it from largest numbers to smallest

Meta

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meta in Mar 2022

Interview

First round coding interview. The interviewee introduced the following process and himself, then a coding question was given. Similar to recursively remove all adjacent repeating characters from a string. I did it too slowly. Saw other interview shared that there should be 2 coding problems in 1 interview. But I ended up only having one problem asked. The platform they used was not IDE. The code can't be run. You'll need to say & explain what's going on with examples one line by one line. 5 min before it ended, the interviewee stopped me from coding, asking me to give questions for him.

Interview Questions
  • recursively remove all adjacent repeating characters from a string

Meta

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meta in Mar 2022

Interview

first round: OA with 4 questions 1 easy 2 mid 1 hard and I think the last two questions are quite difficult (one needs to use a sliding window algorithm on a string and the other one is to do operations on a matrix) technical interview with 2 problems. 1 easy valid parentheses string and 1 mid balance a bst tree Final round (after a week from 1st round): 2 coding interviews with 2 mid questions each 1 behavioral interview offer (a week later)

Interview Questions
  • As described above. Behavior questions usually ask about your previous experience working with others and how you solve a problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meta (Denver, CO) in Mar 2022

Interview

The process began with an online coding assessment. It was 4 questions on hacker rank. The questions were quite difficult. Then there was a technical interview. The technical interview was 2 LC medium questions. The coder pad does not compile. They then asked me about time and memory complexity, and then I had to walk through a test case and talk through what my algorithm would do.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Clear structure and formats. Interviewers are clearly trained with specific instructions. Total of 45 minutes per round. 2 leetcode questions spans 40 minutes. Last 5 mins to exchange nicety and answer questions,

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

I had a fantastic recruiter, but terrible interviewer. She gave me a leetcode easy for the first question, and then asked me to implement it using three different data structures, which took 30 minutes. This left me 6 minutes to answer a leetcode medium, which I miraculously crafted the correct solution for, and made one small syntax mistake, which broke the program, and I did not advance.

Interview Questions
  • Given a string of parentheses, return false for an un-balance-able string, or return the number of parentheses needed to balance.

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Straight-forward process and the interviewers were nice people to chat with. Only 1 interview to get past the phone screen. Then for the onsites 3 technical interviews and one behavioral. Do leetcode and practice behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • Just follow facebook/meta tagged leetcode problems, trust me...
Viewing 1 - 10 of 119 Interviews