Meta Operations Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 16, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 11 of over 9,608.0 interviews

Recruiter11%
3.3
HardAverageEasy

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

This was the WORST interview experience I’ve ever had in my life. I was eager to work for FB because of the glowing glass door reviews. I reached out to many people blindly on LinkedIn to ask for help in the hopes of a referral and luckily one person did this. Next, I met with HR who asked me about my background and skills and told me if I see something in the future and I am a match, I should have the FB employee refer me and HR Person #1 will be my “sponsor”. I did this many times and I was eventually contacted by HR person #2 about a role. HR Person #2’s emails to me were hot and cold (eager to meet one min., ghosting the next). After about three months of this, we had a phone interview and he punted me to HR Person #3 who would schedule the meeting via their interview website with the Team Leader and me. HR person #3 was lackadaisical in her response and I thought I was getting ghosted again or the system was broken. I followed up with HR person #2 and finally, the meeting was set. I met with the Team Leader for a video interview and I thought I did well however, at the end I got the passive aggressive decline statement of “Well, we’re still interviewing candidates, thank you for your time”. I asked HR Person #2 for the Team Lead’s email so I could send a thank you note and I was ghosted again! After I was given the chance to do a survey from FB and I wrote about my abysmal experience. Oddly, almost immediately after, many HR people reached out to me including HR Person #2 . He said the Team Lead was impressed with me and he wanted to set up a panel interview and introduced me to HR Person #4 who would take me through the next part . HR #4 and I spoke and he said “I’d be the person to make you an offer”. This statement angers me the most because HR should not say this unless you will do that. This statement made me think “wow - it seems like I have the job” because I HAVE heard this from HR people who have offered me jobs in the past. HR person #4 had me work with HR person #3 on giving my times for the panel interview through their online site again. FYI - if you want communication through this site, you should promptly respond to people in it. I consistently got mixed messaging and slow response times and emails were more efficient. I was always unsure what was the correct communication method. If you wanted this site to be used why do you ignore me when I communicate through it? HR person #4 also told me about their mentoring program and provided me the questions that the panel would ask me. Based on my research, I found out I needed to use the STAR method when giving responses. Regarding the “mentoring program” I found the direction of how to use it awful. The broad overview and the use of it was akin to a Boss saying “Come out for a happy hour if you want to go”. With those types of invites you always have to say “yes”. I reached out to three people for a “mentor” meeting. One ignored me (PATTERN!), the second questioned why I would reach out to her. The third was an awesome, super nice man. I spent a WHOLE WEEKEND prepping for an interview with four people. During the interview, three seemed very impressed with my responses and background and also made it seem that the job was mine. The last person I met with was the person who would be my manager. Sadly, she was not invested at all in this meeting. She questioned my background and made a rude digs at my various career choices which was unkind. After, I sent everyone thank you notes in the system and via their email (mixed messaging from the panel as well on how to communicate) and I kept in touch with HR #4 on how it went. I was informed about a week later that I did not get the job with a poorly written, grammatically incorrect recycled note. No specific feedback was given as to why I was not chosen. However, I was told the team I met with liked me a lot and supported me for other opportunities. I looked on LinkedIn to see who accepted the job and what skills they had VS mine. Oddly, the job was immediately re-posted on LinkedIn which I found extremely befuddling. Upon further LinkedIn sleuthing, they already had a person in this role?! Over time I reached out to recruiter #4 regarding opportunities that I could fulfill but nothing materialized. Upon more sleuthing on LinkedIn, I see that the reason why the Hiring manager I met with was not invested in the meeting is she had a coworker from her prior employer that she wanted to put in this role. The purpose of me interviewing was most likely fulfilling an HR metric. To potential candidates interviewing here - don’t waste your time. The amount of time I spent interviewing here was too much (spoke with 11 people and devoted too many HOURS to this). The confusion, lack of communication and the disrespect I received was abhorrent. Don’t give them the satisfaction of using you as an HR metric as well.

117 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 months. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Sourcer phone screen Recruiter interview following week Hiring manager interview 2 weeks later 3 back to back interviews with team members 2 weeks later Following interview was ghosted for 6 weeks Ultimately went to an internal promotion

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you disagreed with management.
    Answer Question
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meta (Menlo Park, CA) in Feb 2021

Interview

Contacted by recruiter, she introduced the role and other topics related to the Operations and Supply chain department. The interview itself was without too much preparation, the interviewer just read one question from a list and expend only 15min in the interview without asking any question related to the job description, my experience or behavioral skills. She was a junior recruiter without empathetic attitude at all. It is so sad to lose the opportunity to work in a company like Facebook because a bad recruiter performance.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

The interview process was thorough and on time. I didn't make it pass the recruiter but the job is very competitive. They provided information on jobs for future employment. They also keep your application for future consideration which is nice.

Interview Questions
  • what sets you apart from other applicants.

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Meta in Feb 2020

Interview

4 rounds of interview with written test, first round with recruiter, 2nd with HR from FB, 3rd with FB manager, 4th the written test. I did not get any feedback on that one, just an e-mail that I did not pass

Interview Questions
  • What would you do if you would get 1000 tickets in one morning?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Meta (Dublin, Dublin) in Jul 2019

Interview

Lengthy recruitment process quiet long span out over 2 months 5 rounds of interviews between physical, telephone, blue jeans. HR contact wanted to know everything about you as a candidate but wasn't reciprocated the same when I asked some information about hiring process found very secretive and uncomfortably suspicious approach to a point insensitive with regards to candidates time, commitment and support. Very little flexibility shown around the interview scheduling process everything is very urgent but when you choose one of the 3 slots you were given comes back advising manager who was suppose to take interview is off that week so there was no hurry!!! Happened twice! HR guys are on commission almost too many of them based around the world. I personally feel despite all the rave and craze it's not an employer for many people driven towards a specific type and honestly there is something not right I am not entirely sure what it is but something 100% not right. It came across like a modern day institution where all the nuns works just that they are all wearing cool clothes that's about it! I look back and I am genuinely glad I wasn't offered the role in the end as I really got put off by it half way through completely but still went through it purely to finish something I stepped my foot into.

Interview Questions
  • How do you keep your team members happy other than money
4 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meta (Dublin, Dublin) in Oct 2018

Interview

Overall it was a good process with standard questions. Happy to apply to Facebook for a role in the future that aligns more with my experience and skills within this industry.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me how you would manage a change to a call center customer service?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Meta (Mountain View, CA) in Dec 2017

Interview

Met with recruiter over the phone, then hiring manager. Then I was invited onsite to meet with 5 people I would be working with including the hiring manager. The recruiter prepped me with the topics we would cover in each interview and what they would be looking for. Very useful. No surprises.

Interview Questions
  • All behavioral questions and one "brain teaser" type of question requiring general analytical ability.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Meta (Menlo Park, CA) in Sep 2017

Interview

Telephone screening followed by phone interview with one of the managers. HR was great about communicating and moving the process along fairly quickly (about 1 week between phone interviews).

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meta (Singapore) in Jul 2017

Interview

1st meeting was with in-house recruiter via phone. 2nd was a video conference with Global Head. 3rd was onsite face to face back to to back meetings with 5 FB peers, seniors etc. All through the process the recruiters/HR team at FB were amazing and extremely open and helpful. Honestly, I was blown away by how amazing the team in SGP were, with guidance, insight, tips etc I went in prepared and whilst don't know the results yet , know that it wont be for lack of prep or help from them. Being prepared and knowing where to look helped immensely and the team here made sure to keep me posted on the process as well as try their best to prep me prior. Other recruiters could learn from them. My recommendation is to definitely prep as these guys give you as much tools as possible but the rest is up to you.

Interview Questions
  • Would suggest if you get to panel round to prepare for every scenario
Viewing 1 - 10 of 11 Interviews