Meta Front End Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Mar 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 50 of over 9,608.0 interviews

Employee Referral24%
Applied online21%
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Meta (Tel Aviv-Yafo) in Jan 2022

Interview

Very nice interviewer. Very casual. No BS intro and talking points. Actually, read the CV before the interview. The interview was as scheduled for 45 minutes. 2 questions, knowledge of javascript internals and DOM manipulation.

Interview Questions
  • For a recursive description of DOM elements i.e. var dom = { type:'div', props:{id:'hello', children:[{type:'h1', children:'HELLO'}]}}. Define a function that prepares a actual dom elements.
    1 Answer
  • Prepare a setTimeout and clearTimeout and clearAllTimeouts . Should be global and have a garbage collection system for all running timeouts on demand.
29 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Meta in Feb 2022

Interview

Spoke to tech recruiter. Asked basic questions. Then had a zoom interview for 45 minutes. They asked me 2 questions that took about 20 minutes each, with the interviewer giving hints/help along the way

Interview Questions
  • create a function to clearAllTimeouts. And create a render function that takes a nested object of dom elements and appends them to the document body
6 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Meta in Jan 2022

Interview

The sequence of three rounds of interviews, 1- Recruiter telephonic screening, 2-Screening Interviews, 3- Onsite Interviews, and then the offer! Interviews were primarily based on JavaScript. So prepare for them well.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Meta in Jan 2022

Interview

Phone call with recruiter -> Phone Screen Technical -> Onsite The phone call with recruiter was pretty straightforward, asked some basic questions on JS and front-end, was moved to phone screen on the spot. The phone screen consisted of 2 technical questions in ~40 mins, finished 10 mins early with optimized solutions and accurately answering the follow ups by the interviewer. The interviewer said it was "excellent" and then was ghosted for about a week and then finally rejected. Sucks to see lack of transparency in process because many others who crammed repeated questions got in and I was kicked out for unknown reasons. No feedback from the recruiter of course. Don't think I'll consider a career with Meta again given the disappointing and biased recruiting process and dilution of quality in hiring.

Interview Questions
  • - Improve a given JS snippet, find particular node in dom tree.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Meta (New York, NY) in Jan 2022

Interview

Had two recruiter calls because the first person was not in charge of FE positions. The interview process is more FE oriented rather a traditional SWE role. More HTML, JS, browser questions and less algorithm

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Meta in Jan 2022

Interview

New grad First step: Recruiter call. They'll ask you about JavaScript so make sure you know it, Second step: First round of technical. This tests you if you really know JavaScript inside out. This is where I failed because I had to get a hint and forgot that I can do that. This is not a leetcode type question

Interview Questions
  • What is this in JavaScript. Asked about Queue and Stack in web.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meta (San Francisco, CA) in Jan 2022

Interview

HR ask several basic javascript questions in the pre phone screen. Not hard. You could answer them if you use javascript. for example, what's the data structure of DOM, what's the difference between apply and call.

Interview Questions
  • How to mimic stack and queue in javascript

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Meta (London, England) in Nov 2021

Interview

Very bad elitist mindset. Some of the questions are things you would have to read up before a ‘informal’ you can easily note them before the call from the call. apply if you want to suffer from psychological mental damage they will make you feel low quality even though the more than capable with years of experience. The guy on the phones wants text book answers and sounds like snob. These questions are very easy and they wanted them answered should let us know go prepare for a quiz. Your better of in a reputable place where they actually care to improve your career not make you feel bad because you will definitely created and worked great things.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Applied via Employee Referral to an Application Engineer role. Heard back from recruitment that they'd like to consider me for the FEE role. Had to follow up for a month to get anything going. Finally, the initial HR I'd spoken with via email put me in touch with another HR incharge of the Front End pipeline. Had a VC round with the HR - standard stuff. Got an option to out in availability for Phone Screen within an hour of the HR VC round. Failed at Phone Screen. The questions posted by others are asked often. Literally every third person on Glassdoor had posted a question which I got asked. I did not prepare for it and got asked the exact same question which I fluffed!

Interview Questions
  • Given two Identical DOM tress A and B, check if a Node in A also exists in B
7 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Meta in Mar 2020

Interview

I was reached out by a recruiter on LinkedIn for a Software Engineer role, then later referred to a different recruiter who's in charge of recruiting Front End Engineers after they learned more about my experience and interest. The process consisted of 2 phone screens, to complete 2 questions in a 45 min session for each, once I came up with a working solution, interviewers asked me to implement any optimizations and analyze the runtime of my code. The onsite consisted of 4 sessions, 2 coding rounds, 1 behavioral round with an engineering manager, and then 1 round on front end system design and architecture, I enjoyed the design round the most as it was very free-form and carried out much like you'd discuss with your coworkers during day-to-day work. The coding rounds were very javascript heavy, the first round was mainly testing your understanding of timeouts, prototypes, the DOM, and your knowledge about different javascript collections. The second coding round was an algorithm and data structure problem with a front end slant, you need to have a good understanding of the DOM. The behavioral round was rather standard and casual, the manager will try to assess your past experience and motivation, and you also get to ask a lot of questions in this round. The hiring committee was fairly quick to decide that I can be moved on to the offer stage, but the actual offer itself took a few weeks to send out. The recruiter has been very friendly and helpful, and overall the recruiting process has been a positive experience.

Interview Questions
25 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 50 Interviews