Meta Data Scientist Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 430 of over 9,604.0 interviews

Applied online25%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

I was contact by a recruiter out of the blue telling me how they are really impressed by my CV. From first moment the interaction felt very impersonal and hurried up. Yes I know you are reaching out to a lot of candidates but let's not forget you are still talking to a human. I then got scheduled for an interview which was cancelled last moment apparently because the interviewer was sick. We then moved on to reschedule. Two weeks later I show up for the (remote) interview. The interviewer was late 5 minutes and when he showed he did not really seem to bother. We then swiftly began the process. I struggled a lot understanding the interviewer accent who seemed even lazy to clearly articulate properly his words. He was talking but you were getting a sense that he did not really care if he was understood. I completely zoned out, but I answered well the coding questions which I share below. We then moved on to the product related questions which were pretty basic and what you typically find on the web. I answered, but the whole process was feeling like a disconnect and I had a feeling we were both there just because we had too. To sum up - worse interview process ever.

Interview Questions
  • Given the following data: Table: searches Columns: date STRING date of the search, search_id INT the unique identifier of each search, user_id INT the unique identifier of the searcher, age_group STRING ('<30', '30-50', '50+'), search_query STRING the text of the search query Sample Rows: date | search_id | user_id | age_group | search_query -------------------------------------------------------------------- '2020-01-01' | 101 | 9991 | '<30' | 'justin bieber' '2020-01-01' | 102 | 9991 | '<30' | 'menlo park' '2020-01-01' | 103 | 5555 | '30-50' | 'john' '2020-01-01' | 104 | 1234 | '50+' | 'funny cats' Table: search_results Columns: date STRING date of the search action, search_id INT the unique identifier of each search, result_id INT the unique identifier of the result, result_type STRING (page, event, group, person, post, etc.), clicked BOOLEAN did the user click on the result? Sample Rows: date | search_id | result_id | result_type | clicked -------------------------------------------------------------------- '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1001 | 'page' | TRUE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1002 | 'event' | FALSE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1003 | 'event' | FALSE '2020-01-01' | 101 | 1004 | 'group' | FALSE Over the last 7 days, how many users made more than 10 searches? You notice that the number of users that clicked on a search result about a Facebook Event increased 10% week-over-week. How would you investigate? How do you decide if this is a good thing or a bad thing? The Events team wants to up-rank Events such that they show up higher in Search. How would you determine if this is a good idea or not?
    7 Answers
143 people found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Overall process was good. Had a recruiter screening call with a few questions. Then had a first round interview with python questions. Answer them fast as there is a time crunch.

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

SQL questions and case studies. The interviewer was nice and helpful when I got stuck. The whole interview process took about thirty minutes. The interviewer was there on time. I did not get the offer.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Referred by a friend. The first round was a 1-hour tech interview for SQL and product sense questions. Two SQL questions and a product sense question. The interviewer was very patient.

Interview Questions
  • SQL questions about data manipulation and product sense questions

Meta

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

1. recruiter reaches out and gives an overview of the interview process. sent the link to choose tech screening time 2. 1hour tech screening (including case study, SQL) 3. virtual onsite (depends on the team, ~ 5 rounds with different people)

Interview Questions
  • SQL question is medium difficulty level. be familiar with window function. The case study is about notification. need lots of brainstorming about how to evaluate if the notification success or not.
1 person found this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

The total time is 1hour. The first half an hour for product questions and the last half an hour for sql coding. For product questions, they will give you some hints and ask you many different separate or small questions to help you get the final answer for this big questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

The interviewer had no interest in learning about me and my experience and I felt like the interviewer was just waiting for the interview to end. Also, when I asked them how do you like your experience with facebook. they said since I have been here for a while it means that I should like it.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Meta

Interview

The recruiter called within a week after receiving the resume. She had a phone screen with technical SQL questions. Following this, the interview with Hiring Manager was set up. This interview was very structured with 15 minutes for SQL and next 15 minutes for Product Case interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Menlo Park, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Meta (Menlo Park, CA) in Mar 2022

Interview

This was an initial conversation with a recruiter about my qualifications and the position. It wasn't a match but the recruiter was professional and left the door open to connect and talk again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Meta

Application

I interviewed at Meta

Interview

Tell me about yourself, Technical Screening round involved data analysis and sql query along with technical questions on machine learning and model choosing, normal distribution questions panel round interview on -site

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 430 Interviews