Marks & Spencer Customer Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Marks & Spencer Customer Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Marks & Spencer

2.4

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Stratford, London, England (UK)) in November 2018.

Interview

It started off as a screening group interview. After a week i got given an actual face-to-face interview. The interview had 3 stages and was relatively quick. I signed my contract on the actual day and got a guideline timetable of my beginning shifts.

Interview Questions

• What customer service experience do you have?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Marks & Spencer

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in October 2018.

Interview

Straight forward application. Around 12 questions to first determine whether you should apply or not. Then takes you to the career website where you are asked to do the usual assessment and tests online. Got feedback quite quick and received an email outlining what I need to do. This involves picking a time slot for an interview.

Interview went as follows - paper work, role play and even more paperwork. I emphasised ‘flexibility’ and that went well.

Role play was about a customer coming in who require food for a party of 8. You have been giving info sheet and can refer to them at any point.

Overall Great Experience, I was put at ease, very friendly members that I spoke to and very welcoming.

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)).

Interview

After you have found a job you would like to apply for, first stage is to complete an online test which takes around an hour. If you pass this then you can book an interview slot at the store. Mine was in 4 days time. Here you first have a role play, where you are the sales assistant at a pretend store (basically m&s with a different name) and you are left for 5mins with a load of information about it. Someone then comes in pretending to be a customer and has a problem, they are testing you can use the information to solve it and to be FRIENDLY. Someone else is watching and making notes. If you pass this you then have an interview with the manager. I was then put in hold as my job had already been filled, but i was called and given a new role within 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of when you have inspired someone   Answer Question
    • Give an example of what good customer service looks like, and when you last received it at m&s.   Answer Question

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Harrow, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Harrow, England (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online and completed the online assessment which included watching videos and answering questions related to the scenarios shown. Was invited to an interview straight after being successful. Interview was relaxed. Questions on M&S core values

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in November 2017.

Interview

Was invited to an interview and was told there would be a role play involved.

Started with the role play. I was given 5 sheets of paper and instructions. The interviewer left the room and I had 5 minutes to prepare (I was playing the role of sales assistant and the interviewer was playing the role of customer).

Once she entered the room I again, I had to deal with her enquires. She wanted butternut squash, but according to the sheets it was out of stock. I therefore recommended alternatives (which were listed on one of the sheets). This process went on for about 10 minutes.

After that, I got the job! Didn't even get an interview. I must have been that good.

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Bracknell, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Initially you have to spend some time on the website, the first thing is a "most likely" & "least likely" type questionnaire, where you have to use 5 points per page to high light what one is most like you & which is least. You then have a series of scenario videos &, after each one, have to select the option which would best describe what you would do in that situation. The basically try to help you decide whether or not you would be suitable to work for M&S &, once completed, you get invited to an initial assessment day.
    Firstly you have to take part in a role play. It's quite straight forward, you're given 5 minute to read through a brief description of the company you're "working" for, to look at some prop cards & to jot down some notes. After that, someone comes in to assess you & another person comes in, straight in character. You basically just have to tend to the "customer" - you're allowed to use the prop cards to assist you with it. All I had to do was approach the customer, ask if she could do with any help, suggest what item of clothing she should go for (the one she originally wanted wasn't available in her size), up sell another item of clothing which was on offer & then try to finish off the outfit by showing her some shoes. The customer has specific requirements though, so make sure you listen to them in order to make the right suggestions for their needs.
    Once that's done you get taken into another room by someone else & are asked a series of questions. Make sure you look up the 4 I's (Inspiration, Innovation, Intouch & Integrity) as they'll ask you to give examples of when you've shown all of those - preferably in a work environment! Then it's just basic questions about experience etc. Unfortunately they don't actually check your CV, so if you lack retail experience, they won't offer you a job, but will still interview... Whole process took around 1 hour.

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

it was a group interview . we been 5 people in a group. we did ask to demonstrate some group task. example pass the product knowledge among the group member. And do some customer care job exp. explain the best way to the customer about the product and services credit policy, refund policy etc.

Interview Questions

• If a customer gets upset about your store service what u will do ??   1 Answer

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer.

Interview

Online questions then a role play and interview. The questions online were fairly standard. The role play was easy, I had to help a customer who needed certain items but we were out of stock.

Interview Questions

• General questions. Asked about the 4 I's in the core values.   1 Answer

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in December 2016.

Interview

Role play as customer assistant. They give you 5 minutes to read through a short booklet which provides you with the relevant information to perform the role play. Had to give customer alternative options when the item they wanted was not in stock.

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Sheffield, England (UK)) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was fairly straight forward and within the hour I had completed the assessment and booked an interview.

Arrived and was all a bit confusing re signing in and finding the interviewer. Interview was conducted by a lady reading off of a template sheet of paper with questions and boxes to write my answer in.

She said I got the job there and then.

Then handed over all the info they needed BUT they did not accept drivers license as a form of ADDRESS ID. Got extremely lucky as my bank is next door so popped in and got proof of address.

Start my first induction tomorrow and second induction the day after. Very very very nervous. Only 17 but anyway. Yeah, interview was fairly straight forward but still nerve racking.

Shop looked absolutely f***** rammed so god knows how I'm going to cope on my first day when I know nothing. So scared and nervous.

Interview Questions

• When did you receive poor customer service and what would I do differently   1 Answer
    • How did you deal with an angered customer   1 Answer
    • What makes you want to work here   1 Answer

Negotiation

Don't know what this means but we talked about my hours, was all confusing but just said yes to everything really. Sh**** myself

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.