Marks & Spencer Customer Sales Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Marks & Spencer Customer Sales Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Marks & Spencer

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in May 2015.

Interview

very quick after an online application, interview was four days later, online was questions about how you would react to various situations you might come across in a store, with multiple choice eg what would you do if a customer was shouting at your colleague, or if a product was out of stock

Interview Questions

• what makes good customer service, I failed as i wasn;'t enthusiastic enough.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marks & Spencer

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

It's very much straight forward
    Online application form with real time video questions following in-store interview following a role play following interview with manager same day. You don't waste your time and energy for an interview process. And the best is you don't need to wait for result for ages. You got to know straight after whether you have been selected or not.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in November 2014.

Interview

this interview was my first ever interview. I was scared going into it although the person taking it was so friendly which helped calm my nerves. This really helped me settle before the informal interview. The interview was more about getting to know me and my opinions more so than formal questions. I found the person taking the interview easy to talk to which really helped. it was a calm atmosphere

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in October 2011.

Interview

Online questionnaire followed by interview. the questionnaire gives a scenario and multiple choice of reactions to the scenario. for instance- you are putting out stock and realise there is a long queue at the till. do you a) carry on restocking the shelves, b) put the stock in a tidy place then jump on till. [in that example i would say b]

Interview Questions

• I was given a choice of role play cards to pick from. The one I pulled out had a scenario where a customer is asking about a sofa. I read the information on the sofa and then we did the role play (interviewer acted as the customer)   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in March 2014.

Interview

There was various tests such as reading through source material and acting out a scenario with the interview. As well as shop floor shelf stacking to see if you knew what you where doing followed by more personal questions.

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guildford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Guildford, England (UK)) in August 2013.

Interview

You automatically get an interview of you do the online survey for the job. Which no other place I've known does that. Which is amazing. The actual interview experience was calm and you do a role play.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good sales assistant.   1 Answer

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in October 2018.

Interview

Straight forward application. Around 12 questions to first determine whether you should apply or not. Then takes you to the career website where you are asked to do the usual assessment and tests online. Got feedback quite quick and received an email outlining what I need to do. This involves picking a time slot for an interview.

Interview went as follows - paper work, role play and even more paperwork. I emphasised ‘flexibility’ and that went well.

Role play was about a customer coming in who require food for a party of 8. You have been giving info sheet and can refer to them at any point.

Overall Great Experience, I was put at ease, very friendly members that I spoke to and very welcoming.

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

it was a group interview . we been 5 people in a group. we did ask to demonstrate some group task. example pass the product knowledge among the group member. And do some customer care job exp. explain the best way to the customer about the product and services credit policy, refund policy etc.

Interview Questions

• If a customer gets upset about your store service what u will do ??   1 Answer

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bracknell, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer (Bracknell, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Initially you have to spend some time on the website, the first thing is a "most likely" & "least likely" type questionnaire, where you have to use 5 points per page to high light what one is most like you & which is least. You then have a series of scenario videos &, after each one, have to select the option which would best describe what you would do in that situation. The basically try to help you decide whether or not you would be suitable to work for M&S &, once completed, you get invited to an initial assessment day.
    Firstly you have to take part in a role play. It's quite straight forward, you're given 5 minute to read through a brief description of the company you're "working" for, to look at some prop cards & to jot down some notes. After that, someone comes in to assess you & another person comes in, straight in character. You basically just have to tend to the "customer" - you're allowed to use the prop cards to assist you with it. All I had to do was approach the customer, ask if she could do with any help, suggest what item of clothing she should go for (the one she originally wanted wasn't available in her size), up sell another item of clothing which was on offer & then try to finish off the outfit by showing her some shoes. The customer has specific requirements though, so make sure you listen to them in order to make the right suggestions for their needs.
    Once that's done you get taken into another room by someone else & are asked a series of questions. Make sure you look up the 4 I's (Inspiration, Innovation, Intouch & Integrity) as they'll ask you to give examples of when you've shown all of those - preferably in a work environment! Then it's just basic questions about experience etc. Unfortunately they don't actually check your CV, so if you lack retail experience, they won't offer you a job, but will still interview... Whole process took around 1 hour.

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Marks & Spencer in December 2016.

Interview

Role play as customer assistant. They give you 5 minutes to read through a short booklet which provides you with the relevant information to perform the role play. Had to give customer alternative options when the item they wanted was not in stock.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.