Macy's Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Macy's

7,217 Interview Reviews

2.2

Seasonal Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Very basic you could talk about anything that you wanted to. There wasn't a cap on the topic they just wanted to get to know you. And how you operated.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay with trying to get people to get credit lines?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Tell me about your previous work
    experience as a retail salesperson ?
       How do you make sales and promote a high-value average transaction? Overall easy
    Why do you want to work in retail/at our company?

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Really easy interview process. I just graduated college and was looking for a customer service position to work temporarily. I applied online, received a call from what sounded like a call center agent who hired me then and there and provided me instructions on what to do next.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

I was able to complete an application in-store and upon handing in my completed application only waited a few minutes to interview for the position. The job duties, hourly pay, and schedule were explained clearly, and I was offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• How well would I handle a busy department/register and how would I handle a dissatisfied customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

Precise to the point, liked my honesty, was truthful, asked for my opinions and answered any questions that I had regarding the position and starting salary, allowed me to greet my co-workers and help train me where I needed help when I was stuck.

Interview Questions

• How would handle a customer complaint?   1 Answer

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macy's.

Interview

They called me after I submitted my application online and scheduled an appointment. On the day/time, I sat in the management waiting area and was brought into a room to be interviewed. There was only one interview done. The manager offered me a job directly after the interview.

Sales Manager Interview

Interview

Several rounds of interviews with human resources and store manager
    Interviewers were friendly and welcoming
    Asked mostly behavioral questions about working on a team, analyzing data, and achieving results with specific examples

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you motivated someone on your team.   Answer Question

EDP Interview

Interview

It was a long process. There was 1 phone interview with HR, 1 Skype interview with a merchant, and an onsite 2 day interview/informational sessions. The onsite included interviews with multiple merchants, HR, store activity, business case presentation.

Interview Questions

• Had to go around the store and was asked by a merchant how I would make improvements   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Easy and straightforward - overall a positive interview. Also, I got to interview with several people the first day, which gave me a good sense of the area I would be working in and who I would be working with.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

it was a quick phone call followed by an in person meet, kinda what you would expect from a department store, but very friendly questions were average, what would you do if an employee was stealing? do you have experience, ect...

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.