MAC Cosmetics Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 470 of over 470 interviews

Applied online36%
Employee Referral11%
HardAverageEasy

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

Long and very delayed. I was not contacted in between and felt like I had to chase an answer. Only to receive nothing. Interviewers were kind, however efficient communications lacked.

Interview Questions
  • Why would you like to work at Mac?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Toronto, ON) in Oct 2021

Interview

1 phone interview & 1 in person interview. One of the best interviews I’ve had in my professional career. Stimulating and intriguing questions are asked. The two ladies interviewing me were really great they made the entire process comfortable for me. Very professional & friendly.

Interview Questions
  • If you were the only artist on the floor, you are currently helping a customer out & 2 more customers walk in at the same time. One needs a color match and the other knows exactly what she’s getting. How would you handle the situation?

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

Interview Questions
  • They ask color-wheel questions. Interview was pretty generic besides that. Loved working for them when I did. I would recommend working there if you’re good with people and love makeup. Gratis was nice.

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

It was a very nice experience. Store managers were very friendly. We had a good chat during the interview. Just be prepared with MAC products and be friendly. Good luck.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

you will do a makeup on a model and then they will ask you about sales experience and product detailsyou will do a makeup on a model and then they will ask you about sales experience and product detailsyou will do a makeup on a model and then they will ask you about sales experience and product detailsyou will do a makeup on a model and then they will ask you about sales experience and product details

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

first round was assessment test and then it was an in person interview. The interview was easy and simple. Asked to introduce and how to overcome a difficult client situation

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Toronto, ON) in Aug 2021

Interview

I applied online. Received an email instructing me to record an online interview. Got an interview a few days later. The whole process took approximately two weeks, starting from the day I applied and uploaded my resume online to the day I got an offer.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to apply for this job position? What can you bring to the team? Why do you think you are qualified for this job? What are the responsibilities for a key holder?

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics (Jersey City, NJ) in Aug 2021

Interview

after filling out the application on Estee Lauder's site you are invited to do a automated video interview answering about 8 questions. If they are interested the next interview is with a District Sales Manager, another video where they will access your make up skills and get to know you. Next interview is with the Regional Manager that askes all of the hard questions.

Interview Questions
  • Give an example of how you handle conflict between subordinate members of your team?

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

The manager had us sit outside by a restaurant for the interview. During the interview, she seemed a little unprepared and did not know what to ask me. She ended up asking me if I had any questions for her because she did not like asking the usual questions that she has to ask interviewees. It was more of a conversation, which I didn't mind at the time. But I noticed that she did not ask too much about me. She only asked for my Instagram handle and pay and availability. She also asked how comfortable I was with posting on social media. She guaranteed that I would move to the next round because she "liked my energy" and told me I would hear from her Wednesday latest. My interview was Sunday, and she did not follow up with me.

Interview Questions
  • My availability, what I would like to be paid, how comfortable I was with using social media, and my Instagram handle. She then asked if I had any questions to ask her because she doesn't like to use the usual questions that they have to ask interviewees.
1 person found this interview helpful

MAC Cosmetics

Application

I interviewed at MAC Cosmetics

Interview

You have to go into the store and speak to the manager. Once you speak to them they give you a website and then you apply online. You have to answer a 100 question questionnaire. It took like an hour and a half. They screen your questions and if you do well they send you another link for a video interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 470 Interviews