Kurt Salmon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Kurt Salmon Interview Questions

Interviews at Kurt Salmon

3.2

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

Recruiting consists of three rounds. First round is a phone in behavioral interview. Second round is a 45 min case component plus a 15 min Math and 30 min English written test. The case questions was fair , straight forward and retail related.

Interview Questions

• Company A & B are both in the department store retail industry. Company A has acquired Company B. What factors should the executive leadership of company A be concerned about?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Found out about the job through my college career website. Applied on KSA website and was contacted (by email) for a phone interview. Had to take an algebra test before the phone interview. Did the 30-45 minute phone interview and the interviewer seemd to like my replies to her questions. But I did not receive an offer. It's important to know alot about KSA- the more you know, the more impressed the interviewer will be. Also if you're a biomedical engineer applying, formulate a good reason why they should hire you over an industrial engineer.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Through campus recruiting. It was a case and behavioral (about 30 min each). Case interview was multi-stepped and had figures and graphs to work with. Overall, was a positive and fun experience, but unfortunately wasn't called back.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time (both positive and negative) you worked in a team?   Answer Question

Analyst/Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon.

Interview

Applied through campus. 1st round behavioral with HR. 2nd round 2 case studies at Atlanta office. 3rd round super day. Cases were pretty standard - nothing that was meant to trick or derail you.

People were extraordinarily nice and friendly, one of the best interview experiences I've had despite not getting an offer.

Analyst/Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon in September 2011.

Interview

Went through the recruiting process through my university. The local recruiting representative was the most helpful and attentive of all of the reps I communicated with that fall (although less could be said about their hiring rep). I took a standardized test prior to receiving a first round interview. I think this weeded out about 30-40% of the total applicants. I was invited to an initial on-campus interview, then later a pre-second round dinner and second round interview in the office. Each interview had a behavioral and case component; the cases were all focused on retail (naturally).

Interview Questions

• Cases and questions were all run of the mill for consulting; no curve balls. They allowed calculators in the initial on-campus interview.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon (Atlanta, GA (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

Started with an internship fair and an invite to an information session. I was chosen to participate in a skills test on a pass/fail basis. I then was invited to an interview session. The interview was composed, first, of a case interview and then followed by an interview with the recruiter. If chosen past this point there were more interviews to be had at the actual office.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the total number of ready-to-wear high end men's suits sold in the year 2009.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

Got 3 rounds of interviews INCLUDING the IQ test at the beginning. 2nd round was behavioral, easy stuff. Then came the case interviews, pretty easy but since I heard the 2nd question wrong I totally messed up.

The first case interview was interviewer led, and so was the second, but the graphing thing really threw me off. Look at below for question.

Interview Questions

• Look at these charts and tell me which ones are useless   Answer Question

Project Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon.

Interview

The entire interview process lasted for approximately 3 months. I began with two phone screens; the first was with HR and the second was with someone on the actual team. Once I passed the screens, I was then required to complete an online IQ and personality test. Since my results met their standards, I was then brought in for an in-person interview with the team. I met with a total of seven people: three interviews were in groups of two and one interview was with one person.

Interview Questions

• Out of your past positions, which one did you like the most and why?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

1. On campus interview at B-school through the recruitment process
    2. Aptitude test online which is timed. Easy questions but maticulous. You're able to practice on some sample questions.
    3.Final round interview at the office consisting of Partner interviews, a prepared presentation, and a case

Senior Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Kurt Salmon.

Interview

very professional and friendly; recruiter contacted and provided a full schedule of the interview day. multiple one on one sessions and a lunch interview. Some one on ones were over the phone. mostly behavioral questions. They try to really impress you with team culture.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.