King C Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

King C Developer Interview Questions

Interviews at King

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at King (Berlin (Germany)) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online in February 2015, got a final rejection email in July 2015! I have seen many "negative" interview reviews here, and mine is yet another one...

To be honest, after the first couple of interviews with RH (2/3 weeks later) I knew I was discarded and moved on, but like 2 months later they contacted me again for more technical interviews, talked with a lead developer and then... nothing, "silence" again... more weeks passed and finally they came back, for the mini-game test, which as many other applicants I believe it was decent for the time frame (10+ hours) and having to work full time, etc, etc., you know. So I sent my test and again... "silence" like for another month.

By that time I had done more interviews and probably getting an offer, etc. So I wrote asking for feedback and got an inmmediate rejection reply... in total like 5 months have passed... way too much for an interview process. Seemed like I was being the "backup" guy, in case others did not do well or declined.

Interview Questions

King Response

21 Jul 2015 – Global Employer Brand

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We'll review our process and appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We wish you all the best! Kind regards King

Other Interview Reviews for King

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at King (Berlin (Germany)).

Interview

I applied online, and was contacted by a recruiter a few days later. The interview process consisted of 1 phone interview with a recruiter and 4 face-to-face interviews with 5 different people, plus a "coding challenge".
    Interviews took place in different days, so I had to visit King's Berlin office on 4 different workdays throughout 4 weeks at the middle of working days.

All interviews were behavioral, or semi-technical.
    1) The first interview was with two Engineering Managers.
    2) Recruiting then send me the coding assignment.
    3) The second interview was a code review of the coding assignment with a Principal Engineer.
    4) The third interview was with a UI/UX Designer.
    5) The fourth interview was with a Technical Director of the studio.

I finished the process with the impression that basic expectations such as: i) having growth opportunities, ii) being rewarded based on merit, iii) working in interesting tasks, and iv) having responsibilities proportionals to skills and contribution, are unreasonable and unwanted from applicants to the role and to the company.

Interview Questions

• Technical:
      -What do you consider clean C++ code?
      -What are your favorite C++-11 features?
      -Mention as many ways as you can in which a C++ program might crash as soon as it is executed.

Homework (coding challenge):
      The homework is basically writing a simple match-3 game, starting out with a 2d engine with capabilities for rendering sprites and capturing some mouse events, that is provided along with the homework. You are given 7 days to deliver it.

Behavioral:
      -Cultural fit and questions matching the values of the company.
      -What are your expectations on the position?
      -Tell me about your current workplace.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Interview

Spent an hour on onsite interview and 30 hours on homework and they didn't even find a one minute to reach me back and say that I didn't pass.

BTW, homework looked more like something that they want to take and sell. Asked me to develop a game in a production quality and tested on several platforms.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really challenging.
      Mostly experience and attitude to some technologies.   Answer Question
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.