Kelly Educational Staffing Substitute Teacher Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Kelly Educational Staffing Substitute Teacher Interview Questions

Interviews at Kelly Educational Staffing

1.7

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Easy, called and put together a packet basically. I applied online and they called me. I had to submit transcripts, do a background check, finger-printing and do two days of training.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Kelly Educational Staffing

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in June 2014.

Interview

Fill out an online application via the online website, received a call regarding a phone interview and asked about 3-5 various related questions regarding schools, attend orientation and given prompt guide of how to handle yourself as a sub teacher..

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a certain classroom situation, have you ever been convicted of a crime associated with children, why do you want to become a substitute?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Orlando, FL (US)) in October 2011.

Interview

It was a group "interview". It started with about one hour or maybe two of class management skills. They discussed what the expectations were as a substitute teacher, a few pointers on how to handle a class. They went in depth regarding how not to touch a child, can't even tie a kindergarteners shoe. They discussed these types of safety/security issues in depth. Once this portion of the "interview" which really was more training, was over, THEN they pulled people in one on one for an actual interview. Sadly, it was very basic. Lasted about 5 min. Went over paperwork, asked a few basic questions.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions. I believe one was, how would you handle a class that was getting out of control.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is a set salary, there is no negotiation. You can however, take a short course that will allow you to earn $10 more per day.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Kansas City, MO (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

Pretty easy process, asked about substitute teaching experience, what school districts I would like to sign up for and other jobs I would like to sign up for. Given orientation date after background check.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Provo, UT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Provo, UT (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

You go in after applying online and they ask you some questions and then set you up for the training session and give you a substitute teacher manual to refer to if you have any questions. The people are nice and friendly, but they do have lots of work to do and so they are quick and may seem impersonal at times. During the interview process the interviewer went through it fairly quickly, giving me time to answer all the questions but barely giving herself time to get the questions out. You are required to do an online training "class" which is free of charge as well as a group training presentation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us as a substitute teacher?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Little Rock, AR (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

After submitting the resume and and being called back, the interview is basic common sense questions. Once they get the feel that you are ok to work around children, then you have to go through the background check process. This can take a rather long time because they run a very extensive types. Additionally, you have to pay for two of these checks, the fees are low but still inconvient.

Interview Questions

• When is it ok to come to physical contact with a student?   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Indianapolis, IN (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Interview and orientation was the process. Also, you had to pass the test and meet with staff members from Kelly Educational Staffing for a face to face interview. If you passed the online test you was given a certified Substitute Teaching license for 3 years. Which allowed you to be a guest teacher at all the schools in the Indiana state. You are able to work at Township schools, charter schools and public schools with your teaching certificate; which make you a marketable educator.

Interview Questions

• Which students would you like working for: Preschoolers, Elementary, Middles school, or High School students.   1 Answer

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Orlando, FL (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

fairly straight forward, after you sit through a briefing about what the job entitles. You are then interviewed by one of Kelly's interviewers. Once the interview begins they look over your resume,diploma, and other required documents before asking you a few straight forward questions about yourself.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Tampa, FL (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

super easy, it wasnt even really an interview it was more of an orientation. you take all your paperwork saying that you can work, you pay them for a background check (ridiculous you have to pay for this your self!) and then they sign you up to work.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Olive Branch, MS (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Kelly Educational Staffing (Olive Branch, MS (US)).

Interview

KES does not hold interviews, rather there is an onboarding process after you submit a resume. If you are selected you are asked to attend orientation, and complete a background check and fingerprinting in addition to submitting other documents and completing Substitute teacher training online.

Interview Questions

• NA
      KES has an "onboarding process".   1 Answer