Kainos Principal Architect Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Kainos Principal Architect Interview Questions

Interviews at Kainos

1 Interview Review

Principal Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied directly and progressed to telephone interview, which went well. The interviewer was another architect and we seemed to connect. I then progressed to a F2F interview with the CTO and Delivery Manager. I arrived on time and was met by a pleasant receptionist. The delivery manager (again very nice) then approached me and informed me the CTO was in another meeting and running late. She was very apologetic. When the CTO did emerge 15 mins after the interview should have started, he seemed aloof (no apology and I had to introduce myself when standing next to him at the kitchen area - bit awkward). The delivery manager then said the CTO would need another 5 minutes to read my CV. Not a great start.

The interview itself was unstructured and I was asked initially to talk through my CV, which given the above, sounded like it hadn't actually been read or read through properly (further confirmed by feedback after the interview). I was also asked to talk through a project via white board. I did offer to show a project I had with me but this was rejected. I can understand why but I found it hard to recall all the parts - explaining it is fine.

The interviewers also used laptops in the interview. Better to use a pad IMO to make notes. It can be a bit distracting and off-putting.

I found it hard to latch on to some of the intention behind what were open or vauge questions and some of the responses and projects I mentioned weren't explored. The feedback suggested some material just didn't register.

However, some good questions were asked and overall the interviewers came across as pleasant and friendly.

I did feedback my experience to HR and they were very understanding and apologised for the experience, which is good. Integrity is really important so well done recruitment.

Interview Questions

• How do you measure cost of change   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.