Kainos Graduate Trainee Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Kainos

1 Interview Review

4.0

Graduate Trainee Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Kainos (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

There was an initial skills test which I think I skipped as I'm on a PhD program and this particular role was open to candidates graduating with an undergraduate degree. I was invited to a 2-on-1 interview, and told beforehand that I should prepare a 15 minutes presentation on something data science related, with 5 minutes for questions afterwards. Following this there was a ~1 hour interview. Included in the interview were standard "What do you know about the company", "What does a data scientist do all day?", "Tell us about a time when...", before moving onto more questions based around how one thinks (for example the typical how many piano tuners in NYC), a short programming challenge in pseudo-code and finally a multiple-choice stats quiz. Finally, some feedback from both sides for each other and then the chance to ask some questions of my interviewers. I felt the information beforehand allowed me to prepare adequately, (apart from not being made aware of the stats quiz), and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience! Was a bit surprised that they interviewers couldn't answer the question of how much the starting salary was, though.

Interview Questions

• How many TVs are there in Belfast?   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.