Japan Tobacco International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Japan Tobacco International Interview Questions

Interviews at Japan Tobacco International

Office Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tehran, Tehran (Iran)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Tehran, Tehran (Iran)) in November 2014.

Interview

A friend of mine working for the company approached me and submitted my resume to the company. They liked what they saw and called me to come in for an interview. Although I applied for the role of Receptionist they saw potential in me and offered me a better position.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with long hours?   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Brussels (Belgium)) in April 2017.

Interview

One hour and a half discussion with 3 representatives, including HR. Free discussion, with questions from them and a short improvised test on a press release that they sent once with the interview confirmation.

Interview Questions

• What's your inner motivation to work for tobacco industry?
      How did your friends react when you told them about this interview?
      Tell us more about your private life: age... (did not mention year of birth in the CV)
      What kind of manager would you like to have?   2 Answers

TSM Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International.

Interview

3 Step interview. First is a phone screening by HR. They just want to get to know you. Next is the in person interview with the DM. If you do well in that, you have a job shadow interview.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ballymena, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Ballymena, Northern Ireland (UK)) in October 2009.

Interview

Application form, IQ test (numbering/english composition), drugs/medical test, interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Fixed salary.

Teritory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Bucharest (Romania)) in June 2011.

Interview

Initial interview with the direct manager, second interview with HR representant and direct manager an finaly assesment with an extern recruiting company. The interview is about your psihological profile, they are testing your abilities and skills in the assesement. The assesment contains 5 tests, cpntaining each a prepairing period and a roll play. It is stressfull but it shows the reality about you and can give you a lot of guidelines for the future.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were flexible for negociating the basic salary!

Trade Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baku (Azerbaijan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Baku (Azerbaijan)) in December 2014.

Interview

The whole internal recruitment process looks like that:
    Telephone screening with HR team (regional/market HR head)
    Telephone interview with potential line manager
    Interview with country manager & line manager
    Interview with regional function heads (face to face interview not in the office, with quick background & skills check. Deep discussion on latest achievements and business strategy)

Interview Questions

• Describe your best project within the current role and it's impact on business   1 Answer

Trade Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chisinau (Moldova)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Chisinau (Moldova)) in February 2015.

Interview

The first stage was a test of English knowledge + logic test; both were fairly easy and there was plenty of time to complete them.
    Upon passing the first stage they invited me for an interview with the HR manager and line manager. The questions were standard, e.g. describe your previous experience, how would you characterize yourself etc., overall it was quite generalistic.

Trade Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chisinau (Moldova)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Chisinau (Moldova)) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 steps: 1. English test + IQ test, and then 2. Interview with the HR and line manager. The questions in the 2nd round were relatively easy and mainly focusing on background and previous experience; there were also a few questions on cultural fit. Everything was quite basic and there were no trick questions.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in İzmir (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (İzmir (Turkey)) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview where there are many (6) technical interviewer. Each of them has a different type of interviewer mindset with their questions. For example, one of them was provocateur on purpose.

Interview Questions

• how do you see your working abroad possibility?   1 Answer

Brand Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long. it had unnecessary amount of personal interviews. There was a test for IQ and Math skills which I think was unnecessary. There was an personality test also.
    1to1, 1to2 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Q: whats you biggest achievement?
      Q: how do describe your personality?
      Q: why JTI?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are looking for good benefits and do not mind harsh people environment - go for JTI.