Japan Tobacco International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Japan Tobacco International Interview Questions

Interviews at Japan Tobacco International

Brand Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long. it had unnecessary amount of personal interviews. There was a test for IQ and Math skills which I think was unnecessary. There was an personality test also.
    1to1, 1to2 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Q: whats you biggest achievement?
      Q: how do describe your personality?
      Q: why JTI?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are looking for good benefits and do not mind harsh people environment - go for JTI.

Area Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Singapore (Singapore)) in March 2016.

Interview

1st round - interview with HR manager and hiring manager, the area sales manager.
    Questions were not hard, but the hiring manager appeared very unfriendly and difficult. Could be an interview technique, i'm not sure.

2nd round - interview with HR business partner in Geneva
    3rd round - interview with senior management of JTI Singapore

Interview Questions

• why do you want to join JTI
      Why do you want to leave your current job
      What do you understand from the role profile?   Answer Question

Talent Attraction Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Geneva (Switzerland)) in January 2016.

Interview

Skype interview with two HR recruiters. Was a student in my last year of university looking for a summer internship to gain some experience in a professional environment.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with data analysis   1 Answer

Change and Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Geneva (Switzerland)) in January 2016.

Interview

The hiring process was managed in a dreadful and dishonest way. The HR guy interviewed me over the phone and, at the end, oasked for my availability for the following week to meet with the hiring manager. Then he disappeared for a month. I tried his mobile and email many times, no answer. After 3 weeks he eventually called me to let me know that they had given the job to an internal candidate, but they would keep my details on file because I was such a strong candidate. Ok, fair enough. Three days later the job offer was re-published on their career website. I called the HR back and asked for info. He mumbled a story about the internal candidate coming from abroad and having issues to move to CH, and invited me for a face-to-face interview with him only (the hiring manager was on hols). At the end of a 2hr interview, once again he asked for my availability for the following week to meet with the hiring manager. Then he disappeared again for another month. Until one day he called me to inform me that I wouldn’t meet the hiring manager after all, because they wanted a German speaker - and I’m not one. Rrrrrright. That’s written on my CV, right? A feast of lies, dishonesty and lack of professionalism. Just ridiculous.

Interview Questions

• Questions relevant to Comms practice. Sorry can’t remember any.   Answer Question

Japan Tobacco International Response

8 Nov 2017 – VP, HQ Human Resources, Geneva

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent interview experience at JTI. We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad experience.

We always strive to provide a positive recruitment experience and it is unfortunate that this wasn’t the case for you.

Your feedback is extremely important in ensuring this can be addressed and we will make sure your story is shared amongst the relevant stakeholders and to avoid this happening again in the future.

Guergana Andreeva, HQ Human Resources VP, Geneva

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul (South Korea)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Seoul (South Korea)) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied through their career website. They were finding Marketing, IT, Communications, HR interns. I applied for HR. They seemed to get things done fast. They contacted in a week. Take interview 1 time so far. It lasted about an hour with 2 other applicants together and 2 HR senior managers asking us question. They asked for free and comfortable atmosphere but applicants didn't seem to feel very comfortable.

Interview Questions

• - Describe your work experiences
      - Why did you apply for HR?
      - How does your friends evaluate you?   Answer Question

Managemet Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hanoi (Vietnam)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Hanoi (Vietnam)) in December 2015.

Interview

There are 5 phase: background check, online test, interview, group case discussion and HR interview. However, I just reached to the group panel phase and can't tell anything about the last phase.

Project Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International in October 2015.

Interview

Head if IT for EMEA was Italian with poor English and gargantuan ego, more concerned with their new designer building than the scope of the project or the timeframe. Request to meet and talk to the existing team was initially rejected, later approved. Feedback from insiders was neutral quoting long hours and weekends which are never compensated but "added to your brownie points".

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can achieve X (without specifying the scope)   Answer Question

Company IT is managed by aging incompetent people whose only interest is to maintain the status quo. Offer was below market, adding insult to injury...

Financial P&A Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Lisbon (Portugal)) in September 2015.

Interview

After having passed the first two stages (skype interview and solve a business case) made by the company recruiter, I was interviewed by the local Finance Manager and HR Manager.
    It went very well, the interviewers were very friendly.
    The interview lasted about half an hour, where I could describe with some detail my resume and where it was asked which of all these tasks gave me more satisfaction to do it. They also made me some routine questions: what's my salary expectation and what is my availability to start to work and to travel.
    The next stage will be the final interview with the CFO.

Interview Questions

• what's my salary expectation and what is my availability to start to work and to travel   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Brussels (Belgium)) in July 2015.

Interview

If you have tobacco background and analytical skills, the rest goes very easily. You should mention that you are always available and proactively up for any duty. If by any chance, learn about the market briefly. You can find some market reports online. It is important to show you are a quick learner.

Interview Questions

• Are you afraid of long hours of hard-work or do you dedicate yourself until the job is done?   1 Answer

Toxicologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Geneva (Switzerland)) in June 2015.

Interview

Nice enough, deviated from original interview plan once they had realised I was not the preferred candidate. Consisted of a technical part and HR part. Lunch was provided on the permises. Expenses were paid back as promised but quite slowly. They said I would hear back about whether I had succeeded quickly, but I didn't - it took almost a month, where as they gave me the impression it would be within the week.

Interview Questions

• To give a presentation on a lot of material thrown at me without warning, this was to assess my general ability to process information quickly and pick out key information.   1 Answer