Japan Tobacco International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Japan Tobacco International Interview Questions

Interviews at Japan Tobacco International

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weybridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Weybridge, England (UK)).

Interview

contacted by an agency regarding the position. I had an interview with HR & hiring manager in their Weybridge office in surrey just after lunch. I arrived before lunch and stayed in the parking just to have an overview of the people working there.
    The location is very "British", so from all people coming in and out, I could not see an ethic minority person. For me it is very important because, I am a foreigner myself.
    Anyway, went to the interview, simple one, lot of competency based questions.
    the HR lady seems bored, and she asked questions on my communication style at least 3 times lol. obviously being a multi language speaker, with a foreign accent I fell a bit annoyed to be fair.
    Hiring manager seems to want a person with many years of experience, which I found a bit funny for the role and the salary, as it was even lower than what I currently make, but the location was convenient to me as it was close to my house.
    Interview went well, and there was supposed to be a second stage if successful where I would have to pitch. To be fair, I did not wanted to proceed as I believe the company was according too much importance on that role, and this will not be suitable for me culture wise as well.
    so never heard back from them and moved on to another offer

Interview Questions

• feeling about working in the tobacco industry; greatest achievement, weaknesses, why this role etc...   Answer Question

HR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Interview

I've been contacted very quickly after having applied. I had two interviews, one hour each, with four people (2x2). General questions about my career path and specific based on the role. All the persons I met were very friendly during the interview and took the time to answer the questions I had. I had a feedback a few days after my interviews.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any concern by working in the tobacco industry?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Belgrade (Serbia)) in September 2017.

Interview

First you apply online by uploading your resume, then if you pass you have a telephone interview where the lady from HR asked you some stuff about yourself, and check your knowledge of English (they don't worn you in any way when they are going to call you). Then they send you on email numerical and verbal reasoning tests. If you pass that than you have one-on-one interview with the same lady from HR where she asked to describe situations when you have difficulties... And after that an excel test. If you pass that too, you have an interview with line manager. And if they like you you'll get a proposal.

Interview Questions

• Describe the situation when you were doing something that your friends thought it's boring?   Answer Question
    • Describe the situation when you were doing something in a team and what was your role?   Answer Question
    • What are my expectations about salary?   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about yourself?   Answer Question

Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Belgrade (Serbia)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was held by Yuliya Rak, the person who is currently responsible for regrutation and selection process. I can say that those 45 minutes of interview were totally enjoyable. I enjoyed talking to Yuliya and I gave all the relevant answers to her. She was so polite and she gave me 100% of the informations I needed about the company and about the position I have applied for. She made me to find out and investigate more about that company and motivated me to continue preparing myself for the next steps in the selection process.

Toxicologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Geneva (Switzerland)) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was Skype based and was separated into 2 smaller parts. First part was with 2 Directors who had 2 positions for Toxicology Risk Assessor. This was based on your working experience, CV and basic question about team/individual workings. Second part was with HR manager and was also about relevant experience, why did you apply, salary expectations etc.
    Afterwards I was called for a face to face interview to Geneva with the same 2 Directors from the Skype interview. This second interview was 1h long session where you were given written material for 3 case studies (compounds) on which you had to give your scientific opinion whether they contain enough toxicological information for regulatory filling. During the interview I found out that all candidates are given the same 3 case studies.
    When completing this round of the interview I was introduced to other team members and had lunch with them. Following lunch I had 3 more talks with senior management (Senior VPs) about my relevant experience, working with Regulatory Agencies, was I interested in joining the company, etc.

Interview Questions

• Would I grant approval as a Reviewer of the Regulatory Authority based on provided toxicological information for each compound?   1 Answer

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brussels (Belgium)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Brussels (Belgium)) in April 2017.

Interview

One hour and a half discussion with 3 representatives, including HR. Free discussion, with questions from them and a short improvised test on a press release that they sent once with the interview confirmation.

Interview Questions

• What's your inner motivation to work for tobacco industry?
      How did your friends react when you told them about this interview?
      Tell us more about your private life: age... (did not mention year of birth in the CV)
      What kind of manager would you like to have?   2 Answers

Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)) in May 2017.

Interview

Was called by a headhunter to fill out a new position after company bought controlling interest in a local tobacco business.
    Got an interview, lasted around 20 minutes describing the role and expectations. Questions were not hard. I was then taken to work on some excel sheet exercises to prove my knowledge of financial statements and formulas. Took about an hour.

Got a call back with an offer and i took it.

Interview Questions

• They asked if i was comfortable going back to a Corporation after years of Consulting work.   Answer Question

Brand Manager for LD Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Geneva (Switzerland)) in December 2016.

Interview

2 hour interview at the Geneva headquarters. 1 hour with brand director and 1 hour with HR. I completed a personality test online before hand and HR really broke down the results for 30 minutes. The interview with HR was more difficult than the one with the brand director, may situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when a project didn't go as planned. What was it and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Financial Reporting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International in October 2016.

Interview

I went to Geneva one day and got 4 different interviews one hour each in a row. They asked me to fly there and they never reimbursed me the costs, even if I sent emails directly to the recruiters with receipts!

Marjeting Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madrid (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Madrid (Spain)) in July 2016.

Interview

3 interviews: first: a HR interview where they ask you about your peronality, professional experience, academic experience, ideas, etc. Second: with 2 workers whose I was going to work with and the questions where similar. Third: with the brand manager of 1 of the company brands, whit similar questions too