Japan Tobacco International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Japan Tobacco International Interview Questions

Interviews at Japan Tobacco International

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was led by external executive search agency. I have passed several steps during the process. Meeting with the agency. Tests provided from the agency. Assessment centre Final interview with direct and functional management. The whole process was well organized and structured.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I have problems working for Tobacco Company   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ufa, Chelyabinskaya Oblast' (Russia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Ufa, Chelyabinskaya Oblast' (Russia)) in July 2010.

Interview

They were very interested in why I wanted to work for the company. They asked me about other jobs that I have applied to. The majority of questions were behavioural questions. They were very interested in how I would respond in different situations as well. Also I was asked about my leadership experience and wanted to know how well I worked with other people in stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about any situation at your previous work that you think enabled you to act as a leader?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Belgrade (Serbia)) in September 2017.

Interview

First you apply online by uploading your resume, then if you pass you have a telephone interview where the lady from HR asked you some stuff about yourself, and check your knowledge of English (they don't worn you in any way when they are going to call you). Then they send you on email numerical and verbal reasoning tests. If you pass that than you have one-on-one interview with the same lady from HR where she asked to describe situations when you have difficulties... And after that an excel test. If you pass that too, you have an interview with line manager. And if they like you you'll get a proposal.

Interview Questions

• Describe the situation when you were doing something that your friends thought it's boring?   Answer Question
    • Describe the situation when you were doing something in a team and what was your role?   Answer Question
    • What are my expectations about salary?   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about yourself?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in September 2018.

Interview

This was my longest interview ever.
    It started with a phone interview with the staffing agency and some basic document verification.
    After almost 45 days I got a call from the Staffing agency that JTI HR would like to take my first round interview, got interviewed by the HR next week.
    After couple of days invited for the technical acessment and Technical interview, I did exceptionally well.
    Again after 1 week got selected for the next round technical interview, and again invited for the 2nd round technical interview.
    Was interviewed by the Technical lead.
    After couple of days got an email to take the BI test.
    Then after a long waiting finally get a confirmation call from the JTI HR.

The process was bit long and it's worth it. Looking forward to join it soon.

Interview Questions

• If you have given to develop a software for which estimated development time is 7 days but client wants it within 4 days. How would you handle this?   Answer Question

Japan Tobacco International Response

26 Oct 2018 – HR Malaysia

Thank you for leaving a review about your interview experience at JTI Malaysia and seeing it through successfully to the end. We pride ourselves in recruiting the best talents we can find and our... More

Quality Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ballymena, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Ballymena, Northern Ireland (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed by representative from HR and the Quality Manager. Pleasant people who made me feel welcome and at ease. Interview lasted about 45 minutes. Asked me to give examples for each question e.g. 'Give an example of a project you have done'. Questions probed for my actual experiences in previous roles. All questions were directly related to the job spec and person requirements provided with the application form.

Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belgrade (Serbia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Belgrade (Serbia)) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was held by Yuliya Rak, the person who is currently responsible for regrutation and selection process. I can say that those 45 minutes of interview were totally enjoyable. I enjoyed talking to Yuliya and I gave all the relevant answers to her. She was so polite and she gave me 100% of the informations I needed about the company and about the position I have applied for. She made me to find out and investigate more about that company and motivated me to continue preparing myself for the next steps in the selection process.

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Geneva (Switzerland)) in May 2012.

Interview

First interview with the Human Resources department, pretty standard questions such as explain your experience, why did you change jobs, why do you want to join the company. Then with line manager with more technical questions related to the job itself and competencies to perform it, reasons why to change. Then the job offer was made. Good interaction with people, very professional, quick process, nice atmosphere during interviews, which did reinforce the decision to join the company.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard questions, summary of experience, reasons for changing, strengths and areas of development   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer was made, which I did not negotiate as it was fair.

DTP Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dumaguete (Philippines)

Application

I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Dumaguete (Philippines)) in August 2011.

Interview

Exam on the computer, then a sit-down interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, entry rate is the same across the board.

Project Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International in October 2015.

Interview

Head if IT for EMEA was Italian with poor English and gargantuan ego, more concerned with their new designer building than the scope of the project or the timeframe. Request to meet and talk to the existing team was initially rejected, later approved. Feedback from insiders was neutral quoting long hours and weekends which are never compensated but "added to your brownie points".

Interview Questions

• Do you think you can achieve X (without specifying the scope)   Answer Question

Company IT is managed by aging incompetent people whose only interest is to maintain the status quo. Offer was below market, adding insult to injury...

Financial Reporting Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International in October 2016.

Interview

I went to Geneva one day and got 4 different interviews one hour each in a row. They asked me to fly there and they never reimbursed me the costs, even if I sent emails directly to the recruiters with receipts!