Japan Tobacco International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Japan Tobacco International Interview Questions

Interviews at Japan Tobacco International

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in January 2009.

Interview

Talked to Recruiter and they set up interview with HR and Manager. Listened to how well I talked and communicated. Week later set up interview with VP. Good office location, friendly people.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem working at a Tobacco company?   1 Answer
    • How would you handle heavy workloads?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Went back and forth a few times to get clarification on some issues.

Accounts Payable Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

I interviewed at JTI in March 2019 in Manchester, UK. The interview had 3 steps and it lasts for 6 weeks. On the first step, someone from HR department contacted me by phone and also we had a face to face discussion about my experience and CV. Secondly, I went to the company office where I had an assignment and a face to face interview with the team lead who wanted know about my experience and another member who tested my behaviour in comparision with their core values. After 2 weeks I received a positive feedback and next week i had the last interview on phone with the global managers. The interview at the company office it was very nice. It tooks like 4 hours. We were a group of ppl applying for different roles. They presented us the team members and the office. We also had tea and biscuits.

Interview Questions

• 1. Give me an example when you did something and others benefit from it?
      2. Tell me about a time you contribute to your job
      3. Tell me about your experience
      4. What are your defects? But qualities?
      5. Tell me about how people would describe yourself
      6. Give me an example when you dealt with an irritate customer   1 Answer
    • At the end , they asked if I have questions for them.   1 Answer

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ballymena, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Ballymena, Northern Ireland (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Practical test where 3 faults were placed on a test machine and candidate had to diagnose and repair. This was followed by interview if passed at a later date.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a production problem and what did you do.   1 Answer

Toxicologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Geneva (Switzerland)) in June 2015.

Interview

Nice enough, deviated from original interview plan once they had realised I was not the preferred candidate. Consisted of a technical part and HR part. Lunch was provided on the permises. Expenses were paid back as promised but quite slowly. They said I would hear back about whether I had succeeded quickly, but I didn't - it took almost a month, where as they gave me the impression it would be within the week.

Interview Questions

• To give a presentation on a lot of material thrown at me without warning, this was to assess my general ability to process information quickly and pick out key information.   1 Answer

Toxicologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Geneva (Switzerland)) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was Skype based and was separated into 2 smaller parts. First part was with 2 Directors who had 2 positions for Toxicology Risk Assessor. This was based on your working experience, CV and basic question about team/individual workings. Second part was with HR manager and was also about relevant experience, why did you apply, salary expectations etc.
    Afterwards I was called for a face to face interview to Geneva with the same 2 Directors from the Skype interview. This second interview was 1h long session where you were given written material for 3 case studies (compounds) on which you had to give your scientific opinion whether they contain enough toxicological information for regulatory filling. During the interview I found out that all candidates are given the same 3 case studies.
    When completing this round of the interview I was introduced to other team members and had lunch with them. Following lunch I had 3 more talks with senior management (Senior VPs) about my relevant experience, working with Regulatory Agencies, was I interested in joining the company, etc.

Interview Questions

• Would I grant approval as a Reviewer of the Regulatory Authority based on provided toxicological information for each compound?   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Warsaw (Poland)) in May 2018.

Interview

First I have got a call from HR, then they sent Personal pshycological tests by e-mail to filled within from 2 to 3 days, then I passed through Skype interview, after one month the interview with job holder was scheduled. Overall it was quite classical style and methodology

Assistant General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in February 2012.

Interview

The entire interview process happened by Video conference. I was interviewed by 4 people on 4 different occasions. I realised afterwards that I had been selected internally, and that no other candidates had been interviewed. In other words, my appointment was a done deal, and as a result I did not interrogate the requirements pertaining to the position as carefully as I should have.

Interview Questions

• My request to be brought up to speed before leaving for Switzerland was answered by a "just come". Make sure you use the time before the job starts to familiarize yourself as a much as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but should have. Pay scales in the company are not as standardised as I had assumed.

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Relaxed settings, professional. Talked about the role and current situation and aspirations.
    Interview lasted for approx 45 mins, and if successful a face to face interview would happen.

Interview Questions

• What are your views of working in the industry associated with JTI?   1 Answer

Financial Controller Interview

Application

I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International in April 2014.

Interview

I just went to the first round, which was with the manager and team leader. The questions were quite standard behavior questions and nothing special. ppl are nice, and the workload seems not heavy. but I'm just graduate without any experience in financial controlling, while they were looking for ppl with 2-3 years experience so I did not get the next round.

Financial Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caloocan, Caloocan (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Caloocan, Caloocan (Philippines)) in November 2018.

Interview

its all about your self on how you to be motivate to the others and also i just accomplish an aim or purpose to success in life to help my family

Interview Questions

• how to to be a good person and good friendly to the other   1 Answer