J Sainsbury Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at J Sainsbury

1,277 Interview Reviews

2.2

General Assistant Night Shift Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Somerset, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Somerset, NJ (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

To begin with this was one of my more easier interviews that I've done.

Apply online

Take the general assessment test

If you passed you'll receive an email with irc number then you will call hr to confirm interview date, position and what is needed.

Arrived at store, sign in meet interviewer

Taken to interview room

Go through your details and job you applied for

Talk about urself and your hobbies

Standard interview questions listed bellow

Go onto shop floor. Look at an Isle they give you note down good and bad points. Then go to checkout and assess the customer service being given again good and bad points.

Go back to discuss points.

End of interview.

There was only me and the interviewer. The whole process was very relaxed and they talked you through every step of the process. Don't panic just relax should be an easy experience for anyone applying.

Interview Questions

• Why sainsburys and what can you bring to this role?   1 Answer
    • When did you perform excellent customer service?   Answer Question
    • When did you have to work in a team and what did you learn?   Answer Question

General Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at J Sainsbury in November 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward, they asked basic questions about customer services. The interview was very straight forward. The hiring process didn't take more than two week from been interviewed to been hired

Trading Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (Reading, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online for a local store and was sent an email to pick an interview slot.
    Met the store manager for the interview he ran me through basic questions eg What do i do currently,would i be able to get to and from store on time etc

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Sainsburys?
      Technology competency test
      Do you have any retail experience   Answer Question

Backend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Phone call:
    A phone call discussing what I'm looking for what they offer and the technology and processes involved.

In person interview:
    A short white board interview where I explained architectures and technology I worked with and how I would change it if given no constraint. Then a programming session with two BE developers where simple requirements were presented and I had to implement them.

Interview Questions

• How I would improve an existing architecture I work with   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

Made an application online and invited to interview in store. A brief interview and a couple of tests (maths and errors test). Interview was with myself and manager in their office. Very friendly

Interview Questions

Interview

Very informative and friendly. Asked lots of scenario questions and common sense questions. Gave an overview of the role and the department. Enjoyed the experience greatly and would recommend to anyone.

Android Developer Interview

Interview

Disrespectful.

The Company contacted me via a job platform with an interest in scheduling an interview with me. I accepted and prepared myself, but on the day of the interview they did not call me and did not give me any reason, much less send me a message later with a feedback, if the process would continue or not.

I found it very disrespectful.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J Sainsbury.

Interview

I applied and heard back within a week. Attended the interview where I was interviewed by my manager. She asked a few interview questions and then ran through my shift hours, uniform and availability days

Interview Title Customer & Trading Manager Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J Sainsbury (London, England (UK)) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied through the website, I passed the 1st test and they emailed me to do an interview on video with pre-recorded questions. I didn't like the process at all, it’s completely no “human”. I am a person people and to do an interview talking to a camera, wasn't a process I liked or recommend. Probably this saves money for the company, but we are talking about leadership positions and not intern positions. This is non-sense for manager position Sainsbury. Please stop that.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a customer experience and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Counter Staff Interview

Interview

Did the online application. Went in the the interview, the lady was very nice. It was a nice process. I had to answer a few maths questions and walked around the store and I had to discuss the good and bad things I saw.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.