Interview Question

Train Attendant/Service Attendant Interview

-Chicago, IL

Amtrak

It was a lot of typical service industry questions/customer service.

AnswerAdd Tags

Interview Answers

13 Answers

Answer as you normally would and do not feel too intimidated.

Anonymous on

I'm still waiting for HR to call me I did the pre employment physical and background check. My physical was on Feb 14. When did they call you?

Anonymous on

So I actually kinda bothered them via email. As soon as I got the recruiter's email I had to keep up with them twice. They're more than happy to tell you what is going on. I'm sure if it was anything negative they would have contacted you already. Also it sounds like we got hired furing the same time if you're based in Chicago!

Anonymous on

Oh also if you're not comfy with emailing them (I almost wasn't brave enough) the manager told me they're sending out orientation packets in a week or two.

Anonymous on

Yep in chicago. Did you contacted HR in Delaware or the recruiter in chicago?

Anonymous on

The HR in Delaware! I guess I'll be seeing you on the 18th, bahaha.

Yeah hopefully

Just sent then an email

Anonymous on

Cool! They usually respond within 24 hours unless its a weekend then it might take 3 or 4 days. They are totally slammed with new hires right now and they're in the middle of sorting those that have passed the test(s) and haven't. I'm sure the people who haven't heard anything as of yet are probably in.

Anonymous on

Well... i'm hired and I'll be seeing you on the 18th. Do you have an idea the pay rate for OBS.

Anonymous on

Awesome! I'm excited for the both of us. I don't really have any ideas outside of the training rate which was around 94 bucks a day. From what I hear its around 18-23 bucks an hour after training plus (eventually) you do get some tips from passengers. With all the benefits and everything it's prettttty decent.

Anonymous on

How's your first week of training mysterious person? By the way what's your name?

Anonymous on

It's been 6 months do you still work for Amtrak?

Add Answers or Comments

To comment on this, Sign In or Sign Up.