Intel Corporation Senior Electrical Facility Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Intel Corporation Senior Electrical Facility Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

1 Interview Review

4.0

Senior Electrical Facility Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leixlip

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Leixlip) in November 2018.

Interview

I was called to by intel Corporation for Sr. Electrical Facility Engineer in Leixlip Ireland, I had applied thru their wensite, after 10 days I received a call by Intel HR for screening and some personal questions, accordingly I replied and it was smooth.
Later, They sent me mail acknowledgment of screening process thru the phone and asking me to wati for further notice about another interview with panel board which including a manager coming from USA to attend by himself.
On Monday, I received call and mail that interview would be taken place in their premises next week at the morning, I was well prepared physically, looking, and technically.
I went there and they handed me out the badge, thereafter waited in the reception lobby for somebody to escort me to the venue of the interview , actually he was one of the manager, indeed he was friendly.
The interview was sharp and difficult, might be it was extremely difficult to others, they represented themselves and told me speak about yourself.
I spoke for two minutes till one of the three managers interrupted me allegedly he thought the interview might take more time, then he told me we will ask you.
Everyone started to ask me, questions are a lot in many things most of it technical, including power quality, generator UPS, Switchgear, transformer, protection relays, testing of power cable, arc flash, power failure, commissioning of substation CT and VT, power modes and harmonics, Transformer protections along with competency questions.
Give them example and demonstration how you finished a project in collaborative ways successfully.
All of this with no stop, except they asked me about abbreviation, however honestly I forgot the acronym stands for what!!!.
The interview was not friendly at all, they drilled well you mind with non-stop,, contrary for me I was enjoying I can speak about Electrical Engineering for 24 Hours without troubles.
I noticed that some were not happy that I am answering correctly especially the technical questions for reasons I didn't figure out, I underwent body language course besides my experience I can observe that easily, however I was going sharp and in passion answering.
Every question I was asked one of the them (The boss) was looking in his watch, indeed I was expecting huge queue waiting for their interview after me and I was correct.
Any how, the interview was done, I have tried to ask them some questions about the company, however simple vague answer.
later stage, I asked for feedback, however automatically on their website they updated and sent notification mail of rejection.
I contacted the same HR who earlier called me asking her gently what were the reasons of rejection,after one month of correspondence and reaching out the hiring manager, she wrote back to me telling me that the interviewers felt your technical answers weren’t strong enough. they felt you didn’t demonstrate knowledge about ...............
I was shocked because none of what she mentioned of questions, was included in the interview questions, however I explained from my side only some of them.
Imagine that I have strong background and experience and have been working with some equipment for the last 7 years and they told me you didn't answer these questions.
At this time I realized that I wasted my time and I withdrew other applications I submitted on their website after such terrible example with them.
I have such one kind request for Intel team and HR, if the position that you are calling candidates for attending is already earlier prepared for someone or connection inside the company, please don't bother skillful engineers to come and spend time and transpiration to attend with you because of something fishy
Good luck for the ambitious people in this wild world.

Interview Questions

• Questions in switchgears, cable testing, power quality   1 Answer
  • Questions in transformer protection, Generator and maintenance of equipment   1 Answer
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.