Intel Corporation Physical Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Intel Corporation Physical Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

3.1

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

It was a phone screening after I applied online. The HR dropped an email to confirm availability and was then scheduled for a phone interview for about an hour. The overall communication was decent, although they did not send reponse after the interview. It was updated in the portal much later.

Interview Questions

• They asked about the projects on the resume and basic questions about timing   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in August 2019.

Interview

good process . got a phone screeing . cleared it . then had a skype interview for 6 hours with 6 different people on the team . 2 rouhnds with the manager and 4 rounds technical within the team . found it average .

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Boston, MA (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Interview lasted 45 minutes, basic technical questions on timing, power, noise, synthesis, questions based on projects, Design for test basics (scan chain, BIST), was more like a conversation which led to different topics and thereby questions

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2019.

Interview

I applied online through the Intel Careers website. A lead engineer and I scheduled an time for the interview. The engineer was very quick with responding to my emails. The interview lasted 40 minutes and was entirely made up of technical questions.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2019.

Interview

Applied by sending resume directly to manager .First round was telephonic ,lasted for 40 minutes . Background check in parallel, 5 more technical rounds at onsite.All interviewers were good and understanding.

Interview Questions

• Telephonic:Process and Temp variation for delays,Voltage and TEmperature effect on Metal LAyer,Synthesis flow:Inputs.How do u do floorplanning.?Power types and methods to control,DRC,challenges during placementa nd congestion
      Onsite; First ROund:Whole RTL to Netlist flow in detail,Timing correlation,miller effect,virtual routes),Sceond ROund: How do u solve DC and ICC correlation:DC putting lots of buffers-Reasons,How will u solve clock transition if sizing is not posibble(Explain MErging), 3rd Round : TECH DRC Questions :One problem was given :write a script to replace with right optimized via in power plan .4th Round :STA problems,3 equations -waveforms;derate effects,positive and negative edge flops at capturing end.5th ROund: Custom Bus routing (How to do manually for timing critical path),Script to find occurences of via in design by reference name and reduce runtime by not using get_cells twice.   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Fairly simple, the round includes phone screening. If selected goes through an interview process with 5-6 people. It takes about a week or two to settle on the offer. Know the basics and be very clear on what you have added to your resume.

Interview Questions

• What is PBA/GBA. Latch/ flop circuits, clock gating circuit   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Austin, TX (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

had an onsite interview with 4 person in the group, and then had a phone call interview with my manager. And then after couple days, I received the phone call said I am in.

Interview Questions

• Some flip flop questions, logic design questions, and static timing questions   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Interview

It was a good experience. All the questions were relevant to the position. I had a phone screening which lasted for 1.5 hour. Later, I visited onsite for full panel interview

Interview Questions

• Setup & hold time, RC impact, tran & cap fixing?   2 Answers

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

I attended the interview process in Dec 2016. It was done in two stages, telephonic and Face to face. The telephonic lasted for 30 mins. The manager took the interview and he was very friendly. The interview was mainly focused on basic VLSI concepts. The onsite interview lasted for 3 hours. The focus was on layout diagrams, basic gates, resistance questions related to length and width of the wire, analytical questions and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Flow of current in a layout ( given randomly by the interviewer)   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

two phone Interview, one onsite. I got the 1st phone interview after 2 weeks of my friends referral. Wait one week for the second interview. Wait one week for onsite.

Interview Questions

• phone interview focus on resume!! Very in detail!!! Even ask you how you chose those component, how you implement your algorithm in FPGA, what technique you used and how? any problem you met and how you solved it.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.