Intel Corporation Physical Design Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Intel Corporation Physical Design Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Intel Corporation

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsboro, OR (US)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

Received an email from the Physical Design team of Intel Corporation few days back. Included details of what to be expected and what they will offer. More of layout and design on Analog/Digital/RF/IO circuits , academic background they were looking for. Didn't tell me of the duration of interview and started with HR questions followed by technical questions mostly on CMOS Digital circuits.

Interview Questions

• CMOS Inverter , how to reduce the drive strength of Minimum size inverter   7 Answers
  • Difference Between SRAM and DRAM   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Intel Corporation

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hillsboro, OR (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Hillsboro, OR (US)) in March 2010.

Interview

I got phone call from senior engineer to schedule the telephonic interview on next day. Instead of question and answer type interview, it was discussion on what I knows and on my thesis topic. After 3-4 days they said I am selected for on-site interview. There were 6 1:1 rounds, all were technical. All interviewers were good and understanding. Hiring manager seemed bit busy. They covered all the courses and fundamental questions on them. They covered most of the scripting and other skills that is required for this position. On average it was straight forward interview and was not too tough. Questions included VLSI, ASIC, DSP, Microarchitecture and some algorithmic questions.

Interview Questions

• How can you detect the loop in single way linked list, using just one extra pointer?   2 Answers

Negotiation

I will say my offer is like average. Initially I was not satisfied, but peers said they have specific scale to decide your salary. As I am masters student with no work experience, I am in "grade 6", So I decided not to negotiate the offer. Intel don't negotiate for recent graduates.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Interview

1 Phone Interview. Basic digital logic questions and probability questions and general questions about resume. How do you fix setup, hold, verilog latch questions. write case statement for mux. sram memory working basics

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation in July 2014.

Interview

Sent resume directly to the hiring manager. Had a phone screening interview which had basic questions on STA, APR, etc. Onsite had 5 rounds, which was pretty challenging. One round I messed up bad and didnt not get the offer.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were based on STA, timing and some based on PERL.   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Fort Collins, CO (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Had one phone call via career fair and onsite interview. The interview panel members were very friendly and comfortable to talk to. The phone call was based on basic vlsi and logic design. Onsite interview covered vlsi, comp arch and logic design in detail

Interview Questions

• Vlsi, setup and hold time violation, pipeline, logic design   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Tempe, AZ (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position. I got call in three weeks from the hiring manager, requesting for interview and we set a skype call igave interview and that was it. i got offer after the interview was over .

The interviwer had a background in vlsi design, so he askedme circuit question like static and dynamic logic

Interview Questions

• describe the APR flow. I did one project in school using APR in Cadence.so they asked me on that
      secondly they tested scripting skills, write a perl script to dump to manipulate few string s and pipe it to a csv file   Answer Question

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Folsom, CA (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I got referred by a relative's friend. It was a phone screen and an on-site interview. Phone screen was a little over an hour long. Typical questions about resume, few straightforward behavioral questions (tell me about yourself, most difficult project you worked on, why your gpa is not a 4.0), and several technical questions. Be prepared to explain whatever you say. Onsite interview was panel style. They took me out to lunch before hand which was a nice gesture but I couldn't eat since I was nervous. The interview itself was straightforward, they told me about the position, asked me questions about my resume, asked me situational questions, and about 7 word problem puzzles/riddles. I worked out the puzzles on a whiteboard and explained what I was doing out loud. Included a deck of cards question, basic geometry, digital logic, scripting question, and a couple other straightforward circuit problems. When I got stuck the interviewers were helpful in pushing me in the right direction and I eventually got all of them correct. Whole thing took about 3 hours.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter
    After 1 week, hiring manager contacted me to setup a phone screen in 3 days.
    Phone screen took about 1 hour, all related to what listed on the resume
    Got on site right after the phone screen.
    On site after 10 days, 4 1-1 interviews, interviewers are very friendly and professional. Questions are based on what are listed on the resume, and some other job responsibility for the position, the interviewers can tolerant you have no experience on the requirements of the position, but more importantly, they want to know my ability of solving the problems. And they care more about how deeply I understand my hands on experience.
    Hope these helps! And good luck to myself and all of you!

Interview Questions

• DCG related, how to fix timing?
      Verilog RTL case x, case z, DFF, Dlatch
      Perl scripting
      TCL scripting in PT ICC
      Design patitioning   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intel Corporation (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

THe process is good and friendly. They give me water and food. This is a 5 round interview. I meet 5 people on one day. But all people are very friendly

Interview Questions

• What did you do on your project   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intel Corporation.

Interview

Applied online and Emailed resume to the hiring manager. Got an email for scheduling phone screening. By the end of the call got invited for onsite. Yet to attend onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• when Capacitors in series or parallel what happens to charge and voltage   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.