Imageworks Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Imageworks Interview Questions

Interviews at Imageworks

2.5

Intern Interview

Interview

Laid back, standard interview questions, interview committee included managers and direct supervisors, two interviews: casual (one on one) and committee. Seemed like managers cared most about how you would approach a problem, and if you would fit into the company culture.

Technical Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imageworks (Culver City, CA (US)).

Interview

All day interview with various groups, changing each hour.

Interview Questions

• Nothing difficult. Just asking questions about various technologies and gauging comfort level / enthusiasm.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, offer was above and beyond what I expected at the time.

Animator Interview

Interview

Most of the work was headed up to Canada so the interview steered towards that topic most of the time.

Senior PST Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imageworks (Culver City, CA (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

First: Coding challenge to prove you can code
    Second: If you pass the first part, panel interview with the Lead PSTs. You go over your coding challenge and other possible work scenarios.
    Then it took a day or so to find out the results.

Interview Questions

• How would you find the number of times a name appears in a list of names using shell comamnds?   Answer Question

Negotiation

A little, but it's a standard rate for new hire PSTs.

Web Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Culver City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Imageworks (Culver City, CA (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with their recruiter who passed me along to the senior web produce. I met her and the director of special projects and had a fairly standard interview. They did present me with several documents and asked me to tell them what I could about them. For instance, they handed me a project timeline and asked me to tel them what was wrong with it.

Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imageworks (Albuquerque, NM (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Got a call asking if I was interested in an animation position. I said Yes and then was set up with an interview for the following week. Interviewed with Animation Director. Few days later got a call with an offer. Everything went very smoothly. HR at the time was very good and moved things along while keeping you updated if you hadn't heard from them in a few days.

Interview Questions

• None, it was the easiest interview ever. It was more like a get to know you type of interview, which was nice. They see if you are interested in the project for the most part. I was prepared for a much harder interview, but didn't have to worry. Most animators are not great interviewees, but that works in your favor. The biggest factor in getting the job will be your animation reel; if the leads and animation director like your work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They will give you an hourly rate. You can probably negotiate more if you want to, but that could extend the time frame a little as they need to get approval for a higher rate.

Systems Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Culver City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Imageworks (Culver City, CA (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

Got the position through a posting at my college, and was called in for an interview. When I got there, I was interviewed by the HR people and they asked me basic questions about my resume. Then I was moved in to meet with the Vice President of the Systems Department as well as the HelpDesk Manager, they were very cordial, asked me what were my computer systems experiences and they showed me around the campus after the interview.

Production Services Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Imageworks (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2020.

Interview

Phase 1: a challenge sent over email. Consisted of 4 questions: basic conversion, UNIX commands, scripting, communication. If you get all four correct, you move on to an on-site interview.

Phase 2: the on-site interview with about 10 people, most of who were PSTs. They all took turns asking me questions. They really focused on the projects I had in my resume (coming from a tech background) and asked many behavioural questions. Make sure you review your resume beforehand and know every technology in your projects! It doesn't hurt to also search up common interview questions :)

The whole process took about a week from when I applied to the on-site. They replied very quickly and allowed me multiple tries at the challenge, which was very generous of them. It took about another week to receive an offer. Unfortunately the PST position closed so they offered me the internship. All in one, a very pleasant experience!

Production Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Imageworks (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in September 2019.

Interview

I went in a total of 3 times to meet with 2 different show teams and then met with the Head of Production. It was pretty painless as it all happened within the span of 3-4 weeks. I got a phone call and a job offer the follow day after meeting with the Head of Production, however the offer was solely based on how many OT hours would be put in rather than the base salary rate being fair.

Interview Questions

• What departments have you overseen previously?
      What would you say your strengths and weaknesses are?   Answer Question

Animator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Imageworks (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

I had interviewed with animation leads in persons. there were very nice and made me relax and comfortable. mainly explain about the project and how they work and what kind of people they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• which animation style do you like and which animation do you prefer between acting and action?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.