IG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

IG Interview Questions

Interviews at IG

Sales Trader Trainee Interview

Interview

Phone call, guy was super nice and cool seemed very easy to talk to but they were looking to hire immediately. Told me to call back closer to graduation. Asked a lot of questions about my resume he seemed to have it in front of him which I liked.

Market Research Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IG (San Francisco, CA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview involved a one on one meeting after a phone interview. It is very analytical and requires one to be conversant with current news and be able to synthesize financial markets. It’s not about producing the correct answers, but to learn from your mistakes and quickly adapt to new skills.

Interview Questions

• Why did the USD still perform during the 2008 Financial Market Crisis?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IG (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

They ask you pretty straight forward questions about basic macro-fundamental themes and prod your knowledge on financial markets. Managers will also ask about the extent of your knowledge in FX markets and your trading history (if any).

Interview Questions

• Can you name between 3-5 themes that are primarily driving market price action?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IG (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in February 2009.

Interview

Very light conversion about previous experience. A basic explanation about the company, the environment, and about the specific work.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IG (London, England (UK)) in August 2010.

Interview

Deep core java

Interview Questions

• What are the methods of Object class?   1 Answer
    • How to avoid deadlocks?   2 Answers

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at IG (London, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

The first interview consisted in a Java written test with several theoretical questions, plus some general CS questions and the occasional concurrency ones.
    Test will be corrected right away and, if everything is ok, you will proceed with several face2face interviews with potential team members.
    This phase can go on 60-90 mins and if you pass it, that's it for the the day.
    Next interview is a Design exercise, fairly generic, to understand how the candidate thinks and tackles problems.
    Finally, if everything goes well, a final interview with a Technical Manager and an HR Manager is set up, which will focus mainly on team fit and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Will this program run? If not, why? And how can you fix it?
      (the test was to debug a concurrent application that would generate a deadlock)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Like always, they will try to get away offering the least amount possible, disregarding what the job spec requires.
    Do your homework, come up with the right number for the job you're applying for, and go for it.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IG (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

I relocated from outside of UK and the recruitment process had 2 steps:
    1. Half an hour phone interview with the team lead and his boss
    2. Face to face interview (had to fly to London):
       - 1st part: technical test for 45 mins
       - 2nd part: technical discussion around the test
       - 3rd part: HR
       - 4th part: design exercise

The second step of the interview is usually split into multiple sessions if you live in London or nearby.

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IG.

Interview

First round : 5 hours coding round with 3 questions. This was conducted in college.
    Second round for shortlisted students : Coding round with one question. This was conducted in the company office.
    After this there were technical, managerial and HR interviews.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at IG (London, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

We sit down with a senior developer and the scrum master. It was a pleasant conversation about my previous roles, then a standard java questioner test then had to write a small code on the senior developers laptop.

Interview Questions

• In the programming test I has to write a code what's get rid of the duplicate numbers from an array, but keeps the rest of the array as it was.   Answer Question

New Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IG (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2014.

Interview

Very quick and thorough process from point of contact to interview. The interview itself was relaxed and informal but quite thorough with many "how would you handle a scenario such as this?" style questions. Whilst I didn't have a telephone interview first by HR I was told that it was usually required. The interview went for one hour and I was informed that it would be the only one. I am not sure if psychometrics would have been requested if I had gotten through.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with leading staff who had applied for the role, as well as who were already fulfilling the role?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.