IFDS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

IFDS Interview Questions

Interviews at IFDS

2.8

Internship Interview

Interview

The interview was very conversational based. They asked about general questions and there were two branch manager interviewing me at the time. They just want to know if you have the experience or not.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IFDS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

There was initial HR round and was called for Ops round which went well with relevant Operations questions about past experience and my conversance with processing financial and non-financial transactions related to mutual funds and segregated funds. There were questions around my team playing abilities, communication skills and typing skills. There were also questions around any certification courses completed like CSC, IFIC etc.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my past experience related to mutual funds processing.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IFDS (London, England (UK)) in April 2015.

Interview

Long (Started as a 1:1 then panel review)
    Laid back and relaxed interview in a meeting room
    Asked a lot of questions about "potential" problems they could experience and how you would solve for them.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IFDS (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2018.

Interview

First phone screening by HR. Then 1:1 face to face technical interview ( 2 rounds)

I have interviewed with IFDS multiple times for different positions.Both times after 3 rounds spanning weeks and very positive feedback, the last minute they have cancelled the position which was a very negative experience for me. Even though the roles were good, I would stay away from them because you can never be sure whether they will actually hire or just say 'management has decided to cancel this position for now due to some internal decisions' at the last minute.

Interview Questions

• Explain your responsibilities in this role. Explain scenarios when you had difference of opinion with a stakeholder and how you handled it. What interests you in our company? Explain your most complex task so far. What are your long term and short term goals?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bangkok (Thailand)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IFDS (Bangkok (Thailand)) in January 2017.

Interview

Start with group activity, all candidate will be assigned to work together to solve one problem. After that each candidate will go in to the room to start individual presentation interview.

IT Infrastructure Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IFDS (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was recommended by a current IFDS employee to the IT Infrastructure management, to help them solve major infrastructure issues with their IT systems, having extensive experience with all the vendors and IT systems at IFDS. After sending in my CV, to the IFDS management, my employment background was checked by the agency involved, along with my academic achievements, financial status, and multiple references.

I attended the interview with the hiring manager at his request, at great cost to me, for time-off, travel costs, and two nights of overnight accommodation as I live in the North of the UK, many hundreds of miles from where the IFDS offices are located in London.

I had just one hour of the interviewer's time, to impress him with my technical achievements to date. He was 10 minutes late, and from then on appeared not to be in the slightest interested in my CV, my previous experience, the examples of previous work I had successfully performed, which made the interview very difficult. The interviewer seemed to be very guarded with information, about the IT projects that needed my help, the best way to describe how painful the interview was "it was like walking through sticky glue"

After 50 minutes, the interview left as he had another meeting to rush to and said that he would be in touch, I felt cheated, that I was not given the time to present what I can do. Three weeks later I heard via my friend at IFDS that recommended me, that I was not offered the position as they needed someone who was not only an expert at technology, but they needed someone who could also be a manager and arrange and take business meetings which is not me.

In my opinion the experience was a total waste of my time, money and energy. My advice to anyone looking to get a job at IFDS, is to look at alternative companies, as the people who are hiring at IFDS have no idea on how to hire great "A" list candidates list who can help them.

Interview Questions

• What type of work have you done recently?   1 Answer

IFDS Response

13 Oct 2017 – HR Program Manager

Thank you for your feedback. Please note that IFDS in the UK – to which your feedback is intended – is now part of DST Systems, and is no longer affiliated with the IFDS organization, which is... More

IT Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basildon, East of England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IFDS (Basildon, East of England, England (UK)) in March 2012.

Interview

First: A paper version of the online numerical test you taken, then a paper version of abstract reasoning test you took online, plus a multiple choice personality test (not taken online) .

Second: 1:1 Interview with HR , then 1:1 with an Engineer/IT guy, both are behavioural and not technical. Although for my case, it's a 2:1 interview (the HR/IT guy combined interview) since they are running out of time.

Third: A group disussion similar to other assessment centres.

Fourth: A Presentation. You are given a topic 1 week in advance, you are then required to do a presentation on it. My topic is: "How can I apply my what I learnt from my degree to the job". You have to present this to a panel of senior managers.

Travel costs not reimbursed.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IFDS (London, England (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Online form plus assessment centre. Assessment centre was one day long, with math, english and group exercises. Also a presentation was required at the end of the day. About 10 people were at the assessment day. Overall did not find the interview challenging.

Senior Systems Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at IFDS (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Easy and great process. HR people are very friendly and let you the whole process. HR update you the whole process frequently. IFDS very concern about the security, which I think is great thing.They took a week to complete the process after interview finished.

Interview Questions

• They asked very professional and technical questions   1 Answer

Business Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Basildon, South East England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IFDS (Basildon, South East England, England (UK)) in August 2015.

Interview

Begins with Numerical and Verbal reasoning tests after answering some basic application questions. If successful invited to an Assessment centre at there Basildon branch, there you are required to have a one-on-one interview, complete a group exercise, complete another numerical reasoning test, and present a presentation based upon a question that is given out a week before the assessment centre to a selection of managers.

Interview Questions

• How would you motivate an inexperienced group you were leading?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.