IBM Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

IBM Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.7

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

My interview consisted of the interviewer going down a list of questions to assess my level of skills for doing the job for which I was applying for. The interviewer wanted very detailed answers.

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA (US)) in October 2010.

Interview

IBM corporation called me,I schedule a phone interview. The guy asked me if i was ready for some Technical questions, off course i said yes. Asked about 25 Technical questions.

I Didn't answer enough correct,he told me right away. He was pretty respectful and told me what i need to revise for future opportunity.

Interview Questions

• what is different btw TCP/IP and UDP
      whats DNS?
      Whats a Router?   1 Answer
    • 3 way hand-shake?
      What's NAT
      some Linux commands?
      What's a subnet   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

It was a one whole day process started at 8.30AM to 9.30PM. As they wanted to finish the entire process in a single day. There were 4 rounds 1)Aptitute 2)1 on 1 3)Technical and finally 4) HR.

Interview Questions

• If you don't get this Job what I am going to do?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (New Delhi (India)) in October 2016.

Interview

Fluent , Friendly and completely professional. PI consisted of very comfortable environment and entire process was felicitated as described before. no time lags at any point and results declared in time span of few minutes post each round.

Interview Questions

• 1- What are your Hobbies?
      2- Why do you want to join IBM?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2012.

Interview

1st round includes a general interview and resume questionnaire followed by 3 rounds of Group discussion and finally a one on one HR interview. The interview process took an entire day. Started off in the morning. They make you wait for hours together. Its a long and boring process. Chat up with the guys giving the interview along with you. They are a good source of information and they might also end up as your future colleagues.

Interview Questions

• Mostly questions based on your resume. Any projects you mentioned. Hobbies you like, etc. They check for your vocabulary and how you think. They check for language skills and how proficient you are.   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)).

Interview

Process was long, but in general it was good. Interview was done in person at IBM office, a test was also done to validate the technical and English knowledge. Some phases were done via Phone with the team located in the US.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Chennai (India)) in December 2016.

Interview

It was,campus pool interview. We had to wait right from the morning to evening to start the interview. The first round was a group discussion round. There were 15 members in each group. The only person selected from my grp was me. They selected only one person frm each grp. The second round was telephonic rnd. Communication skills were highly checked. Third round was also a telephonic rnd with hr manager. Technical questions based on n/w , ip address etc., were asked

Interview Questions

• Wat do u answer if u dont get connected to internet.
      Tell me about women empowerment.
      Why is education important.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of three rounds-
    1. General screening by the IBM HR - Self introduction only here generally.
    2. Second was English voice and accent test - thought process, fluency and accent tests where you would be asked to speak on a few topics. You would be marked on 5 or 10 in these tests, i believe.
    3. Third was the Operations Manager round you are asked some basic troubleshooting questions and checked for your stability and attitude. A Tip here: Remember to remember the manager's name as thanking him by name at the end of the round works miracles. "The sweetest sound in the world for a person is the name of his/her name" ;)

Interview Questions

• Basic troubleshooting questions on technical knowledge. All other queries are directed towards character assessment.   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Goa (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (South Goa (India)).

Interview

1st round was the Free speech round where you would be given a atopic to speak on and you have to speak on it for atleaat about 5 minutes.
    2nd round : Telephonic conversation round again included a situation based conversation.
    3rd round : Telephonic Technical interview, included basic networking and computer hardware concepts
    4th round : HR round was the last round

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself and why you want to join IBM?   1 Answer

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at IBM (Bucharest (Romania)) in January 2015.

Interview

These are the main steps I went through:
    1. Contractor/recruiter small interview: they work with many contractors so choose wisely because it's hard or impossible to change contractors
    2. Technical: avarage technical questions, not too deep
    3. HR kind of interview + salary negotiation: this is a critical step as you don't get much salary increase year after year

Interview Questions

• Q: What is your skill level in comparison to our needs? (it sounds like a no-brain-er, but actually it testes your ability to find and express how you can actually help them)   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.