IBM Systems Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

IBM Systems Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.7

Systems Engineer Interview

Interview

Send the resume to one of the friend in the team. they scheduled a phone call for one hour. the questions were mostly from system architectures and few on networking. They said that they will get back.. the HR contacted in 20 days time and I joined in 3 months.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Jaipur, Rajasthan (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

There will be 4 rounds... 1. Aptitude Test 2. English Test 3. Group Discussion 4. Face To Face Interview. This interview will be spread across 2 days. Two rounds during the first day and other two rounds during the second day. Offer was given with ten days after getting selected in the interview

Interview Questions

• Which college are you from and how good are you at data structures   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cyberjaya (Malaysia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Cyberjaya (Malaysia)) in April 2016.

Interview

Technical interview with 2 Team Leader for Wintel and VM Ware Support. Questions are on technical capability instead of looking at other person strength that they may have like problem solving skills, proven record and experiences in the I.T. Candidates need to wear tie and long sleeves shirt. Overall the interview is depending on how good you are in technical and second will be easier.

Interview Questions

• Asked on Windows DNS, DHCP, Patching, Clustering, Quorom, Licensing, RAID, Paging File, VM template, P2V   1 Answer

System Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2016.

Interview

off-campus
    1. aptitude written test (solve previous year placement papers).Most of the people were rejected in this phase only
    2. English assessment (very simple questions).only 2-3 people got rejected
    3. The interview consisted of basic HR questions. Out of 10, 7-8 students were selected.
    If you cracked aptitude test, 80% chance is you'll get the job

Interview Questions

• Questions were from the resume only and basic HR questions.
      About college project and where do you see yourself in five years.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buenos Aires (Argentina)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Buenos Aires (Argentina)) in November 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview, 2 week later a mail letter invite me to a group interview, then a online questionary, then 3 more interviews with 2 mayor clients responsibles, then 1 call from a Manager with the offer.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mysore (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (Mysore (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

I was selected based on on-campus interview. The interview was not too technical probably because I was form a non-computer background. Majority of the questions were based on the contents in the resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe what exactly is programming?   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IBM (New Delhi (India)) in October 2015.

Interview

1st round was online coding round on hackerrank.
    There were 4 questions. One was simple 0/1 knapsack. Another one was string based. The other two were ad-hoc.

There were 2 rounds of face to face technical interviews.

There was a behavioural round too.

Interview Questions

• Round 1 : Online Coding on Hackerrank Platform. Questions related to heap sort, dynamic programming , divide and conquer etc.
      Round 2 : Technical 1, Questions Related to Data Structures, Java, basic Stuff about Project
      Round 3 : Technical 2, Questions Related to Project (In dept)
      HR : Basic HR Questions   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durgapur, West Bengal (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Durgapur, West Bengal (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

first round was aptitude test second round was communication test after that there was a hr interview. HR interview was simple. he just asked me ,tell me about yourself, pointer, and your extra curricular activity.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2015.

Interview

the first round was aptitude test..it was 1 hr test..aptitude questions like number series,average,percentage,work,time,train questions they asked.the second round was face to face It took almost two hours. some behavior question and data structure. There are three coding question and one question you need to explain your thought. the questions are basic but the coding are a little difficult.averal it was good

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pune (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Pune (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Interview process at IBM for fresher is as below. I have attended through college in Pune.
    Process took one day . If you clear online tests interview will be easy to clear as they will ask basic question from your resume and DS,DB .
    aptitude test
    technical test
    1st technical interview
    2nd technical interview
    HR round

Interview Questions

• technical questions mainly on data structure , database, projects mentioned in resume
      aptitude test