IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

IBM Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.8

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The interview process was very easy and consisted of 3 phone interviews of about a half hour a piece. They asked no technical questions - only questions about my resume. I am still waiting to hear on an offer or denial.

Interview Questions

• They only asked me questions about my resume. I supposed that was unexpected.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1) Phone interview with hiring manager
    2) On site interview => least technical and challenging out of all the other interviews I've had with other companies

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I was contacted by the Manager of the Group, and invited for an on-site interview.

Interview Questions

• Soft skills questions.. What experience do you have, and how would you deal with when working with someone culturally different, and you are having communication issues?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC (US)) in February 2013.

Interview

phone interview, followed up by a technical in person interview

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

One phone interview with a panel

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Straightforward

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Rochester, MN (US)).

Interview

Talked to a recruiter at a career fair. He then emailed me back about a week later, and a week after the email I had a phone conversation with him and another guy. They just asked me about my resume. I had to take a critical thinking test (which I thought I had done really bad on), but within two weeks, they wanted me to come down and visit their campus (in Rochester), and I went and talked to the recruiter for about half an hour. I then talked to a team of about 10 people from various parts in that division. It was incredibly laid back, the conversation with the team was about their experiences with IBM and a little about what I had done - it was more of a conversation than an interview. They made me a very reasonable offer (highest I got) but I accepted with a different company doing work I'd rather be doing - their work sounded kind of dry

Got an offer from another company in a better sector

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC (US)) in June 2012.

Interview

Very casual interview done over lunch at local restaurant near school. Didn't ask many hard questions, just tried to get to know me. Submitted resume, credentials, etc online and also took a online math diagnostic test. After being hired "orientation" lasted for the day (tour of facilities, badging, getting laptop, etc).

Interview Questions

Negotiation

As I was an intern software engineer, I was asked how many credit hours of school I'd completed to determine a salary. There wasn't much negotiation involved, though I believe that salary is negotiable if you are applying for a full time position.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

communication is most important ...that is we have then we satisfied all query..requirement...

Interview Questions

• to developd to class software describe it   3 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

initial communications with company,organization and plan the interview as per the norms of the company one should be able to express her him in front of an interviewer in a presentable wat thats all..

Interview Questions

• questions might be asked related on java and other progamming languages   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Interviewed with my school's IBM recruiter and went on to apply online to the job postings I thought would best fit me. The recruiter sent the hiring managers a personal note along with my resume and application. I received an email a few weeks later asking to schedule a phone interview and asking me to rank my software skills. Phone interview went well and I got invited to an in office interview a few weeks later. Office interview started with a technical interview with a current Software Engineer and ended with a standard interview with the Manager. Received a call a few weeks later from the Manager informing me of the offer I would be receiving later that week and accepted the offer.

Interview Questions

• Name three different data structures.   1 Answer