IBM Sales Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

IBM Sales Specialist Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Several rounds, in depth interview process. Final interview was very brief conducted by the 3rd line manager who asked some very role specific questions about how I would perform the role in a down economic business environment. I couldn't tell if the The interviewer thought I was overqualified or a perfect match for the role because of how the the interview ended. I was told that I'd hear back by the end of that week nut didn't hear until 2 months later.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in five years   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

Short and to the point. The manager was someone I worked with before so we were familiar with each other. He still threw some trick questions at me though.

Interview Questions

• What was the common theme of all of the products in the website for that brand?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer was so attractive, I did not negotiate.

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I had a phone interview with them three different times. The first one was with a HR lady and they asked pretty simple question. The second and third ones were with the managers I'd be working directly under. Again, they asked pretty basic questions but make sure you have a technology background because that's what they were ultimately looking for.

Interview Questions

• What do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Baltimore, MD (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

It was professional. I must have had about 5 interviews before I was brought on board. The interviewers were kind and well prepared. I would strongly suggest that anyone applying for a job there spend at least a couple of hours reading about the role, the specific vertical you are selling into, the competition, etc.

Interview Questions

• The usual questions were asked.   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Process took far too long, first was an online assessment then a recorded 20 min question and answer interview, passed both of those then a live video chat that I also did good on then never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Why sales?
      Name one quality about yourself?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

7 interviews and non was related to my role, mostly concentrated on why IBM and how you will sell for us? no answers on my questions around how commissions are measured

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Interview consisted of multiple rounds. First was with a recruiter to get a feel for the job, second was with a sales manager and was focused more around sales, and the third was with my actual landing team to make sure I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• What personality trait do you have that would help you be a better sales person?   1 Answer

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in August 2007.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me a set up an phone interview. The person I spoke with seemed uninformaed about the position, but I was scheduled to meet with a local manager. The manager was nice and welcoming. When it came down to the real questions, things seemed to fall apart. Territory, quotas, techincal support for the position were vague. As a sesaoned salesperson, I wasn't able to get a good grasp of how I'd be used. I got the sense there was a sink or swim aspect to the success of the job. I was being sold on the benefits of working at IBM, instead of how I could utilize my sales experience, grow within the role and organization. Very little substance on the actual job or reporting structure and the real contribution would not be selling or forming relationships but working with a huge team of players and organzaitional red tape.

Interview Questions

• How well do you work within large organzations with multiple managers?   Answer Question

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

I went through two phone interviews followed by a face to face interview with my hiring manager. IBM was very generous in the recruiting process and flew me to my interview as well as put me up in a hotel near the office site. It took a while for a decision to be made, but it was worth the wait.

Sales Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2008.

Interview

Work is mostly remote/at home. Managers are spread all across the US. Weekly interlock call is often only contact/guidance. May require a high percent of your time on the road to cover the territory that can be vast. Most managers care more about attainment, and salary management, than people or maximizing compensation. Key skill is having sold against IBM in the past.

Interview Questions

• Will you commit to doing the same job at least 3yrs   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not much, as always everyone wants to see your results and then forgets about the promises because that was a year ago, and you've had 3 managers since then...

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.