IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at IBM

9,017 Interview Reviews

2.8

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I went for off campus drive in bangalore.First round is aptitude round which includes number series,and aptitude questions from math4work.Those who cleared first round will have business communication round which consists mcqs about letter writing.Third round is coding round and some mcqs about java.Then technical interview about the topics that mentioned in your resume.process is friendly.Good luck

Interview Questions

• Asked to write a code to reverse a string without using loops ,pointers   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

It was a good experience. I had a good time and learnt many things. I was asked about all my previous technical experiences. I got to explain about all the projects that I worked on.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in January 2015.

Interview

3-4 rounds- aptitude, English grammar, technical+hr. Aptitude difficulty level is medium. Maths knowledge would be helpful. If you clear the aptitude round, there is 80 percent chance to get selected in the interview. Only aptitude round matters.

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Hiring process was pretty simple. It happened as part of campus placement in college. There was an aptitude test followed by a round of technical interview, in which not many technical questions were asked

Interview Questions

• Asked me about design of reinforced concrete beams which was unexpected, as I was interviewing for a software position   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

aptitude, reasoning , group discussions on random technical subject , personal interview of technical rounds followed by HR interview to assess the attitude of the candidate . the whole process may span multiple days

Interview Questions

• Why IBM ?
      Subject specific questions
      attitude assessment
      questions from previous projects
      questions from education majors
      case study
      group discussions   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM in January 2013.

Interview

It was an on campus interview. Had a 1. written test 2. Group discussion and Technical interview+HR interview. The written test was an hour long and had around 40 questions. The questions were simple.

Interview Questions

• 1. Basic DBMS questions and some HR questions to test your personality. Technical questions were from the projects mentioned in the resume. Group discussion was on some general topic on some issue which was going on or opinion on some general practice existing   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Applied through employee referral drive. Has a 2 written tests followed by a f2f intervew. From about 500 people, they selected 50 after the tests and nearly all were selected in the interview.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions to find the next term in series. The questions were timed.   1 Answer

Junior Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (East Lansing, MI (US)) in June 2013.

Interview

I applied online after seeing that IBM was looking for a junior-level programmer in Java. They weren't concerned if the candidate had no experience with Java itself; a working knowledge of any object-oriented programming language (in my case, C++) is what they were looking for. I received a call about a week later, and asked a few questions regarding the depth of my knowledge (what's the difference between inheritance and composition, etc).
    After they were satisfied I was worth their time, we scheduled an interview for about a month-and-a-half later. They were very accommodating as to its date. The interview itself took a little over an hour, this split between two interviewers: a behavioral one and a technical one. They asked the sorts of questions you might expect: the former asked me to describe my behaviors a few hypothetical cases typical to a team environment, and the latter tested my knowledge of object-oriented programming and SQL, including asking me to write a simple program out on scrap paper.
    I received a notification that I had passed my interview just a few days later. Before I received my offer, they had one more hurdle: an online mathematical reasoning exam. I cannot say too much about it other than that it would be hard to prepare for and is quite challenging. Shortly after completing it, I received an email with the offer letter enclosed.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between an Inner and Left Outer Join in SQL?   Answer Question

Junior Programmer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Fast and Easy! I applied to multiple locations. Reached out on linkedin. Got a call a few days later which was my behavior interview, had a technical interview a few days after that, and I then had a video interview with the head manager. About a week later I received an offer.

Junior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

It was done online and it was a video interview with 3 programming questions. The video response and coding were timed. There were total of 8 questions. 3 behavioral, 3 coding, 1 explaining one of the coding problem and 1 programming concept. It took a total of about 2.30 hr.