IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at IBM

9,437 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in January 2020.

Interview

1 cognitive assessment consisting of minigames (was kind of difficult), consisting of games like quick math questions and to find the shortest path through an obstacle, 1 small personality test that takes 10 minutes, and then a coding interview

Interview Questions

Interview

Webex call with manager and their manager. The interview was more of a discussion on what my personality waws and how I prefer to work. Offer was presented after a few weeks via email.

Interview Questions

• Please explain a time that you had to work through an ambiguous task, how did you work through it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I went in for an on-site interview with a panel of 6 people, kind of intimidating.

I applied for a data scientist intern position, they dug in a lot of my resume, going through previous projects, threw a lot of questions about teamwork and leadership questions at me.

I did not get the offer at the end.

Interview Questions

• What's something that you failed in your last internship experience and how you learned from it.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM in January 2020.

Interview

Submit application, take 3 assessments, phone screening, and 2 video interviews. Weeks after completing the applicaiton process, I haven't heard anything from them and they just ghosted me after completing this 2 month process.

Business Transformation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Video screening, Game-type Assessment, video interview, FinishLine superday event with Group Case Study. Everyone was incredibly encouraging and made me feel like I was doing a great job. Was very disappointed to not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some skills you possess that you think are important for the role?   Answer Question
    • What is a time you worked in a group and had to adjust your style?   Answer Question
    • What do you think your co-workers would say about you after a year?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Their was a phone screen where they asked simple questions about you and your interests and then they asked a few technical question. After that they asked a coding challenge which shoudl be completed in an hour

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Long process with many steps and extensive background check. I had to meet with 4 different managers. In addition, I gave a sales presentation and background check analysis. I had coaching from someone internal and plan on exploring additional groups within the organization. The culture is young and not of lot of senior experience

Interview Questions

• What is your background in this space   1 Answer

Design Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Had to take a cognitive assessment and a personality assessment. Had 2 remote interviews online. First interview was 1 hour and consisted of a presentation on an experimental design challenge. Second interview was 30 minutes and asked behavioral questions. Total process took 6-7 months, but after talking to someone on linkedin and asking for help moving things along, I got my offer within 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a story about how you decided on this experimental design.   Answer Question
    • Why IBM?   Answer Question
    • How did you get into UX research? Why do you choose UX research specifically?   Answer Question
    • Have there been times that people did not carry their own weight? How would you handle that?   Answer Question
    • What do you want out of a job at IBM?   Answer Question
    • What are some pros and cons about working in groups versus working individually? Which would you prefer?   Answer Question
    • What would you do if you are having trouble finding participants for research studies and you're running out of time?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years in the industry?   Answer Question

Back End Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM in January 2020.

Interview

After your resume gets through, they send a cognitive assessment and Hacker Rank challenge. I passed the hacker rank in half of the given time. After that, they contacted me about not hiring anymore because of the current COVID-19 situation.

Interview Questions

• Hacker Rank questions were fairly easy, they were about path traversal and probability.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

There was a hacker rank challenge, 2 aptitude tests that I had to take. The hacker rank challenge was an average difficulty. Recruiter wanted to schedule a call but never followed up, even after I gave my availability.