IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at IBM

9,007 Interview Reviews

2.8

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Chicago, IL (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

The interview process was timely and well organized. It consisted of a phone interview with a senior member of the department and an interview day at a regional office. The phone interview was more conversational and seemed to focus on overall fit. The interview day was structured and drawn out. Many people were interviewing for various positions and we were randomly grouped together. The groups were presented a case and asked to formulate a solution over the course of 60 minutes. Once we were finished, each group was called in to present to a panel of IBM employees that were playing the part of fictional clients. The focus wasn't what you presented, it was how you delivered the message and answered subsequent questions. Each person presented and was queried by the panel. In the afternoon, we each had 2-3 interviews with senior management relevant to the position we were pursuing.

Associate Partner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in September 2015.

Interview

The hiring process at IBM can take weeks, months, or a year. It really depends on who is doing the hiring and whether or not they can actually get the hiring position approved.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your background, your industry and/or consulting experience.   Answer Question

Associate Partner Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Several week process, lot's of interviews. IBM is so large there are lot's of people to speak with. Did more than one phone call and went onsite in NYC to do several in person interviews.

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC (US)).

Interview

Very complete, holistic process. Multiple levels of conversation. Skills, accomplishments and leadership are all important. The interview was an in person discussion in the IBM office with two Vice Presidents, two Partners and two Associate Partners. Overall it was a fairly difficult interview, but very fair. Good thoughtful questions. No case studies were included, but case like questions of past experiences we inlcuded.

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

Screening call, interview with first line manager. In person interview and "chalk" talk with VP and SVP. It can take 6-8 weeks to finish the process. Expect 3 phone calls and then one or two face to face at the AP level.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a deal you won as a Technical Solution Manager as if you presenting the pitch to the client   1 Answer

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (McLean, VA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial screening with the recruiter on the phone for about an hour. A few weeks later scheduled a peer interview with another Associate Partner. Several weeks later interviewed with Partner. All on the phone

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

3 phone and then onsite with 3 Partners. First is with the recruiter. Then a technical interview probably with a distinguished engineer. And then with a peer. After that onsite with 3 Partners or VPs, including g the hiring manager

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA (US)).

Interview

The interview environment was low pressure to begin with. They start with a personality test to get you loosened up then send in a senior team member for a technical test. The technical interview was when it got a little intimidating. It was not mentioned prior so I was genuinely caught off guard.

Interview Questions

• write code to identify how many connected components there are in a bitmap.   2 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Interviewer was friendly and cordial, got a good mix of technical and HR questions, interviewer checked my knowledge in programming and algorithms, asked some question on extra curriculars as well

Associate Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Endicott, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Endicott, NY (US)) in May 2011.

Interview

Received an email months after I applied saying I was selected for a phone interview. Selected a date and a representative from the local IBM office called me. 14 out of the 15 minutes we talked, I was asking various questions about the position. Received an email the next day to take the IQ/Reasoning test which was simple considering I took it 2 am in the morning and passed. In a few weeks another phone interview was setup and 14 out of the 15 minutes I was asked questions about how I would react to certain situations. Very simple and straight forward until 3 months went by and I did not hear about any updates. Then received a phone call and an offer in my email for a part-time position.

Interview Questions

• A customer wants to alter specifications which may comprise the project end date. How would you handle the situation?   1 Answer