IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at IBM

9,429 Interview Reviews

2.8

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

My interview process was a first phone interview with 3 supervisors, then the next day a call from the manager of the department that i want to work in. I was flown out to Phoenix, Arizona for a personal interview. The HR department called me a few days later and offered me the job.

Senior UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM in February 2020.

Interview

I applied online then received an email that I was being considered and they wanted me to complete Assessments tests. After that, I received a Design Challenge. There were two interviews, one about IBM and the second one about myself and my skills.

Interview Questions

• They asked about my projects and to describe the process of them   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

1. Resume ask questions about the resume. The interviewer ask about the skills and language I use.
    2. 2 coding questions. Not too hard, just some easy questions. Pay attention to the time complexity of data structure.

AML Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO (US)

Interview

Received a phone interview within one week after applying. I was invited for an in-person interview and it was a bit awkward. Not the traditional behavioral question type of interview. We just talked about the company.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions. Talked about the company and my background.   Answer Question

Associate Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

The IBM interview process is ultimately extremely long and tiring. You often find yourself waiting weeks to months between steps with little to no updates whatsoever. This extends from the beginning to the end of the interview process, it took several weeks to hear anything back after even the final onsite interview.

The interviews themselves range from online cognitive exams to typical coding exams and online behavioral interviews, ending with an onsite "Finish Line" interview. The interviews themselves were fair and pleasant, but I cannot recommend applying to IBM for anyone looking for immediate work.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

multiple interviewer in the process. Starter with recruiter then to multiple other managers. Also had phone interviews. the entire process took a month or so with going back and forth.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in January 2020.

Interview

1 cognitive assessment consisting of minigames (was kind of difficult), consisting of games like quick math questions and to find the shortest path through an obstacle, 1 small personality test that takes 10 minutes, and then a coding interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Raleigh, NC (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

I went in for an on-site interview with a panel of 6 people, kind of intimidating.

I applied for a data scientist intern position, they dug in a lot of my resume, going through previous projects, threw a lot of questions about teamwork and leadership questions at me.

I did not get the offer at the end.

Interview Questions

• What's something that you failed in your last internship experience and how you learned from it.   Answer Question

Talent Acquisition Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM in January 2020.

Interview

Submit application, take 3 assessments, phone screening, and 2 video interviews. Weeks after completing the applicaiton process, I haven't heard anything from them and they just ghosted me after completing this 2 month process.

Business Transformation Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

Video screening, Game-type Assessment, video interview, FinishLine superday event with Group Case Study. Everyone was incredibly encouraging and made me feel like I was doing a great job. Was very disappointed to not receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• What are some skills you possess that you think are important for the role?   Answer Question
    • What is a time you worked in a group and had to adjust your style?   Answer Question
    • What do you think your co-workers would say about you after a year?   Answer Question