IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at IBM

9,436 Interview Reviews

2.8

Applications Development Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Baton Rouge, LA (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

The Process to about 3 weeks due to the corona pandemic but initial contact with a recruiter that sent a link to a test which consisted of games ( basic cognitive tests ). Next was a phone call telling about the position and setting up the interviews. One week later interviews took place, two on the same day, first was a situational just see what type of person and leadership qualities you may have, all situation question basically. The next was technical (Inheritance, encapsulation, polymorphism, abstraction, loops, functions, Java API and sorting algorithms)

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to lead a team/co-workers in a difficult situation   Answer Question
    • What is: Inheritance, encapsulation, polymorphism, abstraction, loops, functions, Java API , Sorting algorithms , garbage collection, Arrays   Answer Question

Cybersecurity Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in March 2020.

Interview

I applied through their site. I was contacted by email from HR asking my location preference, with a choice of 5 locations. I was then set up with a 30 minute interview with the manager and offered a job soon after.

Interview Questions

• Very basic questions that a 3rd year security student could answer without studying. Linux basics like what how to stay in sudo, questions from resume, simple Python question asking what the package manager is.   1 Answer

Busineess Analyst Interview

Interview

Had to take a personality test, a pattern recognizing test, and a coding skills test, they were very quick to respond with the results to see if the candidate moved further in the hiring process

Data Engineer Interview

Interview

OA - schedule interview-onsite regular process
    recruiter is professional and on time
    Posiitive experience with the whole process
    SQL and machine learning related questions are pretty easy for me
    Asked some deep learning question which i'm not familar with

Interview Questions

• Two random cards numbered from 1,2...100 are pulled from the deck. What is the probability that one number doubles the other from the deck.   4 Answers

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I did a couple of games first that involved simple mental math, and then a coding challenge. Followed up with a video interview -- no live coding questions and no onsite, but interviewers were all very friendly and I had a good time.

Interview Questions

• Conceptual questions about feature engineering and loss functions   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Interview

First finishing 3 online tests, like cognitive ability test, learning ability test. After about 3 weeks, received interview invitation. It is an in-person interview with 3 interviewer, panel format.
    The time lasts around 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your self
      Why you are interested in this role   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I went through IBM's screening test and HackerRank challenge. After those, I was invited to a technical interview with a manager. Once through that, I went through a resume review/behavioral interview with another manager.

Devops Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Received email to take assessments. Consists of cognitive ability, personality, and coding assessments. I'm currently using Glassdoor as a means of preparing for whatever's to come. Wish me luck! They ask you to use either Java or Python.

Visual Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I got an email saying that I was moving forward in the next step of the Visual Designer internship position. I completed a design challenge with a 48 hour deadline and had a video interview with a manager the next week.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Initial recruiter call, two technical phone interviews. First technical interview was more challenging. The second engineer was more relaxed and the interview was more open ended after two quick problem solving questions.