IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at IBM

9,021 Interview Reviews

2.8

Associate Partner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Easy, if you are genuine then it should not be a problem. They ask questions based on your background.Easy, if you are genuine then it should not be a problem. They ask questions based on your background.Easy, if you are genuine then it should not be a problem. They ask questions based on your background.

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Washington, DC (US)) in May 2010.

Interview

Was hired as a full-time employee after consulting to IBM for two years. Interview process was more of a formality as the hiring manager knew me/my work and had created the description for a new position based on my skill set. Overall, the process was very structured and professionally conducted.

Interview Questions

• None - had worked closely with hiring manager who wanted me on board as soon as possible so he had no incentive to make the process difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Offer was 20% more than a competing offer from another IT company.

Associate Partner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM in January 2011.

Interview

long hiring process - 1-2 months, but pretty standard in terms of face to face with a leader, a handful of team members, maybe a client or two. The biggest challenge is in getting on folks calendars. Make SURE you ask if they have approved budget/headcount.

Interview Questions

• None … they really ask very standard simple questions that you would entirely expect given your status/role.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation was fairly straightforward - I told them what I expected and it was in the ball park. They did promise me a "specific role" and then that did not pan out to be the one they gave me.

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

After a few phone screens and if you make it through then you get invited to participate in a Interview day. It is very well planned out and takes up a good part of the day. Several senior executives are present and provide a really very good overview of the business and make a case for you to come work for them.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

2 sets of phone interviews, one with a contract recruiter, then one with internal HR, followed by 2 interviews with line and functional manager, and then final interview with the General Manager. All were highly professional. Nothing was unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Really nothing out of the ordinary...Job History, strengths, weaknesses, why IBM   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I had an internal referral, so that speeded up the process.
    -Three face to face interviews
    -Two phone interviews
    -Verbal offer of role
    -Official offer letter

The entire process was about two months. Part of that was slowed down because I had some travel at some points they wanted to meet. IBM does seem to be process heavy in the interview process, but the individuals themselves find ways to focus on the right conversations/speed.

Interview Questions

• What type of work from your career do you NOT want to do again?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiation wasn't much. I had a competitive offer so they negotiated a little, but I get the filling that salary's, benefits aren't easy to change a lot.

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at IBM (Boston, MA (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

VERY long process filled with weeks of no communication. I was contacted by IBM for two different roles. Several telephone interviews. Then a group interview in Boston. We were split into two groups of three. We did a group project. Like a case study in B-school and presented our findings and recommendations to a group made up of senior people in the practice. Then we had one-on-one interviews with a couple of them. I was practically offered the job. Then I was told I needed to interview with the VP over the group. He was already in a bad mood when we started the call. He had his mind made up before we ever talked. All in all it was a difficult experience at best.

Interview Questions

• How much will the solution cost? (Question posed during the group interview.)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in June 2010.

Interview

IBM interview via phone first. Possibly multiple interviews. Then hiring day visit and interviews at a location where a group of candidates will be interviewed and my be given business cases to solve and present.

Interview Questions

• If you are who they want it wont be difficult. Try to stand out.   Answer Question

Associate Partner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I was an employee referral into the SAP practice. Initial contact from recruiter via email. Technical screening interview by phone. In person interview in office. There were four other people being interviewed on the same day, we were told that we were not competing for the same positions. Expected the In Person interview to be with a Partner but it was not. Decision then made by "Senior Panel".

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Interview generally about recent experience.   Answer Question

Associate Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

All day interview broken down as following;

About 30 candidates brought from all over the country applying for all job levels.
    30 minutes presentation on IBM Global Services
    Candidates then are split in 3 to 4 groups and have to work on a business case for about 1.5 hours.
    Then each group has about 7 minutes to present their findings to a panel of 5 people who represent the board of the company
    Lunch is served in the office
    In the afternoon you will have a two or thirty minute interview with partner or associate partner or senior manager.

The key to any candidate is to keep solution selling in mind when you are working on the case study and presenting to the board.
    No matter what type of case study make sure you are offering a solution and services in the case study.