IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at IBM

9,093 Interview Reviews

2.8

Contracts Manager Interview

Interview

It was fairly standard, straightforward and friendly. The interviewer at the time was the General Counsel. She was great. Very smart, direct, and open. I felt right at home. I also interviewed with the Assistant GC at the time. She asked similar question, like years of experience, complex deals I had worked on, etc. I also spoke with the Controller and the head of Sales. Likewise, a very friendly, smart group.

Interview Questions

• What types of agreements have I reviewed.   2 Answers

Patent Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hopewell Junction, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Hopewell Junction, NY (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

IBM flew me out and reimbursed expenses for my trip. The interview lasted approximately two hours plus lunch and I spoke with seven different patent attorneys. No one had any hard-hitting questions; just resume review and conversational style.

Interview Questions

• Explain your previous job requirements.   3 Answers

Patent Attorney Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

There were several phone interviews and an in person interview. The phone interviews were brief, usually running 20-30 minutes. The in person interview last several hours. I met with IP attorneys throughout the office.

People Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Fishkill, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (East Fishkill, NY (US)) in September 2012.

Interview

Phone call, then face to face, then another face to face.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a difficult employee.   1 Answer

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a lengthy interview process, needs a good amount of practice to crack it. I was asked a lot to explain about my projects and my experience. I was able to answer most of them correctly. It's kind of tough one, not that easy to crack.

Interview Questions

• Starting from basics about Physical designing to in-depth questions related to the position   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at IBM (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in November 2008.

Interview

First round interviews were on campus. Students were then shortlisted for second round interviews in NYC. The flew us out there and we were made to interview with four different people back to back for an hour each. It was a tiring and grueling process, but the interviewers were very friendly and conversational. Each interviewer also presented me with a case to solve. The cases were from their past experiences and were generally open ended.

Interview Questions

• How should a company manage its operations when it works with two different manufacturing plants in two different locations   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, NE (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IBM (Lincoln, NE (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

behavioral based questions, lasted about 90 minutes. Needed to come up with specific examples to most questions. Interviewer could not intepret any of the questions and they were pretty much rapid fire and you really need to have top of mind response answers.

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Interview with HR, 1st line mgr., and 2nd line manager, asked about CV education and experience - explained more about the job and wanted examples of how I dealt with certain situations such as leading, teaming, and working over time. Wanted to know if I would relocate.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to move to NYC and work in open space on a team.   1 Answer
    • Would you be ok with 2 hr commute each way   1 Answer
    • Give me an example of when you had to lie   2 Answers
    • Tell me when you have misrepresented your self   1 Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I had multiple rounds of phone interviews and one all-day interview. There was a lot of repetition in the questions being asked but everyone was friendly. The interviews (phone and in-person) were only within a few days of each other. The process moved relatively quickly.

Interview Questions

• Why I want to go in-house when I have been at a firm in the past?   Answer Question

Associate Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at IBM (East Lansing, MI (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone screening, two in-person interviews (one was skills-based, the other was a general interview based on my experience and fit for the company, then offer. Timeline: about 2 months.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to complete a confusing excel question.   1 Answer