IBM Data Scientist Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

IBM Data Scientist Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

3.1

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

There was one phone screen interview first from IBM Chief Analytics Office. It was around my resume and about me. Then, I was processed for the next round of interview. Next round was the coding interview. I was asked around 10 coding questions. The interviewer was quite friendly. Overall it was a quite good experience.

Interview Questions

• There were many coding questions. Starting with few basic question on Python, SQL and then there was a big coding question. Estimate the value of Pi using Monte Carlo Algorithm   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (New York, NY (US)) in October 2019.

Interview

The IBM recruiters were very nice but the experience felt extremely rushed.

I was placed into a 'second wave' of interviews because I suspect my pre-qualifying information was not passed along in the first wave and ultimately disqualified me.

The technical, in-person interviews were fine but it was just very poor communication/management with the recruiters via email.

My recruiter forgot essential details about me even though I mentioned it multiple times.

I was asked where I live about 3 times. I was asked if I need to fly about 3 times.

A recruiting email was accidentally sent to all the candidates.

Interview Questions

• What is deep learning?
      What is standard deviation?
      What is the difference between precision/specificity?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

3 rounds, online coding round for a Data Science Problem, an Interview on ML fundamentals and a behavioral and Software Engineering interview. Mostly asked questions related to the projects mentioned on my resume.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

They scheduled a phone interview at 2:30 but didn't call me until I sent an email. 50 minutes later, a call came in and after one question, I was out.

Interview Questions

• Will you need sponsorship in the future?   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at IBM (Albany, NY (US)) in January 2019.

Interview

The hiring interview process was easy and satisfying which didn't take many days and kept waiting for many days to the candidate. It was helpful to gain the overall idea of the company and would make you to decide on the position.

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

I had two 20-min interviews about my resume, the projects that I did, and some general questions.
    Then there was the next stage where I solved the challenge (you are given ~5 hours to do it).
    Last stage was to come to the office for three interviews, one of them was presentation of results of the challenge to the panel of 3 people.

Interview Questions

• What is the most unpleasant experience you had in past year?   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Armonk, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Armonk, NY (US)) in October 2018.

Interview

I interviewed on campus. Case study on revenue growth and identifying high growth clients. On-site interview had a presentation on a take home data challenge and then a series of fit or case interviews. Case interviews are very basic. Had a small technical round with SQL and algorithm questions.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lenexa, KS (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Lenexa, KS (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

A phone call and IPAT test, Mandatory to clear IPAT test, practice online because it is of aptitude and verbal, no programming.On phone call the questions were on resume projects and algorithm you choose for credit card approval/rejection data and why do you choose it?

Interview Questions

• 1.Explain about your Projects 2.Questions on DataScience Algorithms.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

A screen (recorded) interview and then 2 video interviews. First was based on resume. Kind of a basic understanding of the background. Second was more in depth. Asked about projects, experience, along with some questions based on that

Data Science Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (San Jose, CA (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

I had 2 rounds of interview. First was an initial phone screen which was mostly about my background. Second round was technical interview on Skype. I was tested mostly on basics of statistics and project work. Different types of ML models that I have used and the inferences derived from them.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe linear regression and where have you used it in your work or projects? what is R squared value?   5 Answers
    • Q: What classification models have you worked with? How will you handle unbalanced data?   2 Answers
    • Q: They asked me to show them any projects that I have on Github and it was reviewed by the recruiter via screen share.   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.