IBM Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

IBM Consulting Interview Questions

Interviews at IBM

2.9

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Atlanta, GA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Only had one round of interviews, as I attended a few of their on-campus events. Other people had an additional phone interview. Was flown out to the company site and had a behavioral and a case interview. Both were very straightforward and nothing to stress about. Overall a quick and easy experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. Why IBM? Why consulting? Why are you a good fit for IBM/what makes you more qualified than other candidates?   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for IBM

Consulting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Herndon, VA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IBM (Herndon, VA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Had an in person interview in Herndon, VA. Interview consisted of a case study and a behavioral interview. The case study was mostly managerial type questions (How would you handle this scenario), and the behavioral interview asked about relevant experience and skills. Heard back about a week after the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Business Case, involving managerial questions about a project to build a mobile app for government workers   3 Answers

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Dallas, TX (US)).

Interview

Fairly straight forward process. I received a couple of phone screenings. Unfortunately the position was closed, so we could not move forward with the hiring process. They do tend to take a while to reply back.

Interview Questions

• Nothing super technical, they just want to know your background and if you'd be a good fit for the role.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview

It was a pretty easy process of three 30 min interviews with three different people, one of which was a basic case study. They hired me the next day and emailed me an offer with2 weeks to accept.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral stuff, walk through resume, problem solving situations, leadership style, etc.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

It was excellent. Several very qualified interviewers, and great questions, varied people took different paths to get an understanding of technical, professional and personal interactions. It was an excellent yet difficult activity

Interview Questions

• what do you do when you do not have the answers to complicated technical issues   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Interview

very unorganized; interview was informal and did not represent actual role. it was during some organizational changes, but recruiter was unable to follow or track my app/the hiring manager systematically

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM in April 2016.

Interview

It was very slow. Took about 6 months. In addition to the regular interview questions , I also took an IQ test and a quantitative test to identify patterns , and complete them. There was a session on math as well, and this was an online timed test. All the interviews were online since I did not live in the state I applied for at the time.

Interview Questions

• Open ended questions about my experience and reason I was interested in applying   1 Answer

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Phone screen then in person with multiple people/panel where case questions were asked. Questions were mainly behavioral in nature and most interviewers lacked full understanding of the technical side of the role they were hiring for.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IBM (College Station, TX (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

On Campus interview, 3 parts. The interview questions were very easy. Case study was a breeze. didn't even need to prepare. Then takes 6 months to give you an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about when you solved a problem through automation   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at IBM (Amherst, MA (US)).

Interview

I applied through the college recruitment process. After attending a few informational meetings, I was invited for a 3 part interview. This involved 3 back to back 30 minute interviews with 3 different people; 2 behavioral interviews and 1 case study. The behavioral interviews were pretty standard questions just trying to see if you would be a good fit. The case study was not too complicated, especially if you prepared and learned what to expect (going in blindly would be a bad idea). They want to see how you would go about solving a problem, so make sure to think out loud and go through every step. Received a phone call about one week later with my offer! The whole process was probably about 1 month from the initial information meetings through to my offer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.